West Orange Stark Next Year

tennisbc

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

There needs to be an emphasis placed on developing QB's and improving the passing game.

I remember when Crouch had his son at QB.He did a fair job but there was a soph named Beasley who should have been our QB.Didn't get to start until his senior year and took us to the Semi.What a waste.

My take is WOS will be very good next year. But need to get solid at QB.

I believe if we had an effective QB this year we may have only lost one game and still be playing now.  Defense came along great. Running game was good enough to keep defenses pulled up, We had receivers open all year, just couldn’t get the ball to them. Wilson to slow pulling the trigger on the bubble. Hopefully they get some off season work in and develop. 

1 hour ago, MMstangfan said:

My take is WOS will be very good next year. But need to get solid at QB.

I believe if we had an effective QB this year we may have only lost one game and still be playing now.  Defense came along great. Running game was good enough to keep defenses pulled up, We had receivers open all year, just couldn’t get the ball to them. Wilson to slow pulling the trigger on the bubble. Hopefully they get some off season work in and develop. 

Another thing that kept us going this year was special teams.I think they scored as much as our offense. When I mentioned only scoring about 3 TD a game that included special team scoring as well so actually our offense wasn't that good overall.Of course we shot ourselves in the foot all year with penalties,turnovers and the like.Last Friday we just couldn't overcome them. 

8 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

There needs to be an emphasis placed on developing QB's and improving the passing game.

Yes Yes Yes., and I'll still say, the OL needs to give QB time to operate. IMO we are at square 1 in QB phase. Secondary is where Wilson should show case his skills. His height is perfect for breaking up passes, and maybe he should try receiving also, QB is not his strong suit. 

2 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Another thing that kept us going this year was special teams.I think they scored as much as our offense. When I mentioned only scoring about 3 TD a game that included special team scoring as well so actually our offense wasn't that good overall.Of course we shot ourselves in the foot all year with penalties,turnovers and the like.Last Friday we just couldn't overcome them. 

I was told by ibarra's cousin that he broke the single season record for FG in a season. Probably due to offense not being able capitalize in the red zone. But that kid has a leg. I'm not sure if he is a senior?

The QB play and player more specifically are being singled out.  Last year the passing game wasn’t elite but WOS made it to the title game.  The coaches do a fantastic job of putting the KIDS in what they feel is the best position to win.  Their will to win is evident by the WOS alltime record.....and the record speaks for itself.  This is a small school....there isn’t always a Kyler Murray or in our case a Jack Dallas, Sterling Cole waiting in the wings.  

We all have ideas about who could play better at each position but that is all they are....ideas.  WOS has a great head coach and staff.  I’m sure many of the kids aren’t in the position they thought they would be in but are doing the best and trying to do what is asked of them.  Every player is where the coaches put them and their ability or lack thereof to perform in that position is not their fault.  They are trying to do the best with their given assignment.

In short, what I am trying to say is that these are young men (kids)....let’s just keep that in mind.

16 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

The QB play and player more specifically are being singled out.  Last year the passing game wasn’t elite but WOS made it to the title game.  The coaches do a fantastic job of putting the KIDS in what they feel is the best position to win.  Their will to win is evident by the WOS alltime record.....and the record speaks for itself.  This is a small school....there isn’t always a Kyler Murray or in our case a Jack Dallas, Sterling Cole waiting in the wings.  

We all have ideas about who could play better at each position but that is all they are....ideas.  WOS has a great head coach and staff.  I’m sure many of the kids aren’t in the position they thought they would be in but are doing the best and trying to do what is asked of them.  Every player is where the coaches put them and their ability or lack thereof to perform in that position is not their fault.  They are trying to do the best with their given assignment.

In short, what I am trying to say is that these are young men (kids)....let’s just keep that in mind.

Great post. Absolutely, we do tend to forget these are teenagers. We have been spoiled by haveing some outstanding individuals and teams. I know CT and crew are going to put them in the best position to be successful as a team. Already looking forward to next years group.