West Orange Stark Next Year

tennisbc

44 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That freshmen running back will be good. Find a qb. Defense I’m sure will always be the “Chain Gang”... some things don’t change.

I’ll predict they will be playing in the state semi final game. Thier young Qb will be the starter next year. If he puts the work in they will be fine. It’s actually kind of sad not seeing them play next week because of the expectations are high,  I know they will have a big dline man as that will be coming in as freshman next year. I wouldn’t be surprised he gets to start on varsity.

They should be pretty good. A lot of youngsters learned what it’s like to play at the varsity level at West Orange-Stark this year and the majority are coming back next year. 

But I agree with the above that freshman #4 is gonna be special.  Improve the QB play and thirds ni reason they don’t have a legitimate shot at getting back to AT&T stadium.

I think this will be the toughest region next season in 4A D2. Bellville should be much improved. The bulk of their skill players were freshmen and sophomores this year. Along with a Sophomore RB who was hurt in the first scrimmage of the year this season and missed the whole year. He would’ve been the leading rusher for Bellville this season. 

21 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Several things that need attention in my opinion, fix secondary until we do teams will throw across the middle on us.  Next Discipline, this team had problems with that this year as well. Lastly, QB position, and OL..

That wasn't the biggest problem. Our kids needs to know cardinal rules of playing DB.and that is pass first and run second.and not only that if a WR lines up wide in front of u.u have to hold him.u dont just let Wrs run free. And u play zone bcz u think that's the coverage yall are running. It happened in back to back games in the playoffs. 

57 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not suggesting that this will happen anytime soon.. but I'm sure at one time LaMarque thought that their reign wouldn't end.  Just throwing that out there.

But la marque did it in 2 classifications they were good in 5 a too they raise sand for a long time when ur put them together 

The QB play has to drastically change from this past year, like the old saying goes  - "if you have 2 QBs (rotating) then you have none" because Inaccuracy and Decision making was far below par from that position, IMO. Defense will only improve as underclassman will reprise there role and weaknesses will become strengths. Good thing is they have two elite/top tier classes coming on deck with the 8th & 9th graders who are very similar to the WOS class of 2017 that was so dominant.

WOS has some talent returning and a lot of kids got some game experience.  That will help a lot because Coach Thompson won’t have to do so much mix and match early in the season.  With that being said no matter what is returning I can’t doubt Coach T.  There have been times where the kids overachieved and he seems to give them every chance to do so.

11 hours ago, bzy said:

The QB play has to drastically change from this past year, like the old saying goes  - "if you have 2 QBs (rotating) then you have none" because Inaccuracy and Decision making was far below par from that position, IMO. Defense will only improve as underclassman will reprise there role and weaknesses will become strengths. Good thing is they have two elite/top tier classes coming on deck with the 8th & 9th graders who are very similar to the WOS class of 2017 that was so dominant.

Yeah.We basically were one dimensional this year.We could run the ball pretty good but the passing game was not there.No big capability hence we could only score about 3 TDs a game.You get behind a couple of scores and your out of it.I knew when Silsbee went up on us by 2 scores and the condition we couldn't seem to handle it was over. 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Yeah.We basically were one dimensional this year.We could run the ball pretty good but the passing game was not there.No big capability hence we could only score about 3 TDs a game.You get behind a couple of scores and your out of it.I knew when Silsbee went up on us by 2 scores and the condition we couldn't seem to handle it was over. 

There needs to be an emphasis placed on developing QB's and improving the passing game.