Hardin-Jefferson Marathon/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

LCM falls to Porter by a score of 55-53.  Bears led by Braden Bridges with 23 and Jesse Doucette with 18.  Porter hit a pull-up with 2 two seconds left and we missed a game winner at the horn.  We're getting better, but still a long way to go.  Lcm hosts Woodville on Tuesday at 6:30 for Hawaiian Shirt Night.

12 hours ago, Fergton said:

Wonder why Shelbyville vs Hardin jefferson score hasn't been posted ?

Yes, Shelbyville put it on HJ pretty damn good.  Shelbyville is ranked #1 for a reason.  Their starting 5 is very good.  HJ is continuing to grow as a team and figure out their identity.  Teams have good games and bad games.  This was clearly a bad game for HJ, and Shelbyville capitalized on it.  Call it what you want....playing without a starter now for 3 weeks, playing their 13th game in 9 days, aches and pains, etc.  it finally caught up with them.  The same way HJ beating Nederland early in season and now losing by 20 points.  The same way Nederland lost to Spring Hill by 20 and then beat them by 10 two days later.  It happens.  If HJ and Shelbyville played 10 times I’m guessing it would be competitive in most games and each team winning 5 times.   I think most will tell you that HJ was ranked a little high in the TABC rankings after losing a bulk of their scoring from a year ago.  I diasagree.  When they play the way they are capable they are one the best teams in Region 3.  But with no true go to guy they all must play well to beat the better teams.  I love what Coach D is doing by playing so many young guys.  This year will be another great year, and the future is extremely bright in Sour Lake!!

1 hour ago, Lazeek said:

Yes, Shelbyville put it on HJ pretty damn good.  Shelbyville is ranked #1 for a reason.  Their starting 5 is very good.  HJ is continuing to grow as a team and figure out their identity.  Teams have good games and bad games.  This was clearly a bad game for HJ, and Shelbyville capitalized on it.  Call it what you want....playing without a starter now for 3 weeks, playing their 13th game in 9 days, aches and pains, etc.  it finally caught up with them.  The same way HJ beating Nederland early in season and now losing by 20 points.  The same way Nederland lost to Spring Hill by 20 and then beat them by 10 two days later.  It happens.  If HJ and Shelbyville played 10 times I’m guessing it would be competitive in most games and each team winning 5 times.   I think most will tell you that HJ was ranked a little high in the TABC rankings after losing a bulk of their scoring from a year ago.  I diasagree.  When they play the way they are capable they are one the best teams in Region 3.  But with no true go to guy they all must play well to beat the better teams.  I love what Coach D is doing by playing so many young guys.  This year will be another great year, and the future is extremely bright in Sour Lake!!

I honestly believe that Persohn is a "go to" guy.

3 hours ago, Lazeek said:

52 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And he played the entire tourney with severe back spasms.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, Fergton said:
On 12/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, Boneyard Boys said:

I think Vidor could have swept Pool B but we were missing several key players in both Thursday games. Played much better today with all of our starters but it is what it is. We’re Silver bracket B4 vs A3, does anyone have an idea who A3 might . 

Vidor not beating Shelbyville 

I usually don't do this but here goes. Shelbyville on Tuesday rode a bus 2 and half hours to a town close to Dallas and played the #7 team in 2A. Got back to Shelbyville well after midnight Wednesday morning. Then got up Thursday morning for another 2 hour bus ride to HJ to play Huffman @10:30 and Vidor @4:30 . Even though our starters played 2 and half quarters and left with a 32 point lead were told Vidor would have probably beat us if they had everyone. Being a 2A School we're not deep depth wise so l very proud of our kids to play 7 games in 5 days 6 games in 3 days. Good experience that will help them down the line. They learned a good lesson after the last game. They went 5-1 with their only loss coming on a last second Bucket in 61-59 loss. After beating HJ (2nd loss)  by 23 points we had 1 player awarded All Tournament HJ  had 2 players. It is what it is. Good experience for the Dragons. 

15 minutes ago, Fergton said:

I usually don't do this but here goes. Shelbyville on Tuesday rode a bus 2 and half hours to a town close to Dallas and played the #7 team in 2A. Got back to Shelbyville well after midnight Wednesday morning. Then got up Thursday morning for another 2 hour bus ride to HJ to play Huffman @10:30 and Vidor @4:30 . Even though our starters played 2 and half quarters and left with a 32 point lead were told Vidor would have probably beat us if they had everyone. Being a 2A School we're not deep depth wise so l very proud of our kids to play 7 games in 5 days 6 games in 3 days. Good experience that will help them down the line. They learned a good lesson after the last game. They went 5-1 with their only loss coming on a last second Bucket in 61-59 loss. After beating HJ (2nd loss)  by 23 points we had 1 player awarded All Tournament HJ  had 2 players. It is what it is. Good experience for the Dragons. 

Hmmmmmm

No disrespect intended toward Vidor but I watched Shelbyville three times in this tournament and I've seen Vidor before and during the tournament and Shelbyville would match up very well against the pirates. Vidor doesn't have a dominant big Post presence so IMO Shelbyville would be better at every position.#24 was solid on the block for Shelbyville, #15 was a little different looking player but at the end of the game I'd look and he filled it up from behind the arc and could create and score on his own. I can't remember the number of the guard that was most impressive it was either #3 or #5 I believe both could play. They could easily win this region. 

12 minutes ago, whsalum said:

No disrespect intended toward Vidor but I watched Shelbyville three times in this tournament and I've seen Vidor before and during the tournament and Shelbyville would match up very well against the pirates. Vidor doesn't have a dominant big Post presence so IMO Shelbyville would be better at every position.#24 was solid on the block for Shelbyville, #15 was a little different looking player but at the end of the game I'd look and he filled it up from behind the arc and could create and score on his own. I can't remember the number of the guard that was most impressive it was either #3 or #5 I believe both could play. They could easily win this region. 

#5, best player on their team. 

2 hours ago, Fergton said:

Under no circumstance would vidor of best Shelbyville.  The dragons are for real.  And very deserving of their ranking.  As far as all tourney selection goes that is done by coaches in tourney.  Not by HJ coaches.  24,15 and 5 were all very deserving in my opinion for Shelbyville.  As were 4 and 2 for HJ.  

3 hours ago, Fergton said:

Also I believe the team came in Wednesday night.  HJ puts out of town teams up in hotels for the tournament.   

As for All-Tournament I was told #5 was selected by the opposing coaches and was asked to chose between two of my guys and I told the H-J Coaches I would rather not make that decision and told him he could have all tourney selections. This was on me not at all a slight by the HJ coaches. This was the best run tourney of my 30 year career. I would like to thank everyone involved.

6 minutes ago, Dragon Hoops said:

As for All-Tournament I was told #5 was selected by the opposing coaches and was asked to chose between two of my guys and I told the H-J Coaches I would rather not make that decision and told him he could have all tourney selections. This was on me not at all a slight by the HJ coaches. This was the best run tourney of my 30 year career. I would like to thank everyone involved.

Maybe the best HS tournament set up I’ve seen.  HJ has it down to an art form for sure.  

Good luck to the Dragons.  Hope you guys cut down the nets in SA.  

13 minutes ago, Dragon Hoops said:

Well said coach.  Good luck this year!!  You’ve got a great team.  How many are seniors?

11 hours ago, Reddog44 said:

IMO,

Shelbyville could’ve just as easily been in the championship. Little chance Vidor could hang with them on any given day, starters or not. 

Hard to believe they are 2A, wow!

9 hours ago, whsalum said:

9 hours ago, Lazeek said:

Under no circumstance would vidor of best Shelbyville.  The dragons are for real.  And very deserving of their ranking.  As far as all tourney selection goes that is done by coaches in tourney.  Not by HJ coaches.  24,15 and 5 were all very deserving in my opinion for Shelbyville.  As were 4 and 2 for HJ.  

Wow you guys really went in depth on this one, my guestimation that Vidor could possibly have beaten Shelbyville was simply because we played them without 3 of our starters. We had all of our players the next day, played well and beat Huffman. Who if I’m not mistaken took Shelbyville to overtime and lost by 2 points. So you see how one could deduce that it would be a completely different game and yes I think Vidor would have competed well against them with a full squad. But obviously we would’ve had no chance to beat them, thank you all for clearing that up for me.