Texas A&M vs NC State- Gator Bowl

PhatMack19

Well they are not going in the first round if projections are correct. Seems a bit ridiculous but unfortunately that's seems to be the popular thing to do these days. I say go get a loan, take out an insurance policy and go do what you were given a free education to do.   Pratt is missing out on a chance to up his value like Texaz says.  Harmon on the other hand is probably just scared of Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I bet Jaylon Smith would have sat out if he could do it all over again. It's part of it. Could you imagine if you were likely to be drafted in any round, having that taken away in a meaningless game? Their decision and I have no issue with it.

I have no problem with it, if thats what players want to do, thats them, my only question is why do it, if you not a top pick, why not put more film out there and maybe even move up in the rankings

12 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I have no problem with it, if thats what players want to do, thats them, my only question is why do it, if you not a top pick, why not put more film out there and maybe even move up in the rankings

Most people say that the film from 1 game doesn’t matter.  Work your butt off from now until the combine, and that will pay off way more.  I just hate it from a fan perspective.  

One surprising NCAA loophole, is that the schools are allowed to pay for insurance for players that are projected to get drafted high.  A&M paid $60k for a player a few years ago.  As anal as the NCAA is about petty things, it is crazy that they allow that  

Here are a few good articles on player insurance 

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Most people say that the film from 1 game doesn’t matter.  Work your butt off from now until the combine, and that will pay off way more.  I just hate it from a fan perspective.  

I hate this also (from a fan perspective), but I hope it catches on like a California wildfire. If a 8/16/24/32 team playoff was enacted, I'm guessing these players would choose to play until their season was over. I could care less about bowl games...give me a playoff. I think the players would agree and would participate rather than sitting out a meaningless game that puts their future in jeopardy. The more players sit out, the more attention is brought to the senselessness of these games. I would love to see practically every potential draft pick boycott these games, which would accelerate the implementation of a true playoff.

9 minutes ago, warparty said:

Anybody hearing any discussion about what Trayveon Williams plans are for next year?  If he plans on coming out, he should be a high draft choice.  Would he sit out this game if so?

Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M 
Height: 5-9. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA. 
12/1/18: Williams has averaged 6.0 yards per carry this year for 1,524 yards with 15 touchdowns. He also has 27 receptions for 278 yards and a touchdown. Williams is a good college player, but his skill set is not likely to translate well to the NFL. 

In speaking with sources, they are projecting Williams to the late rounds. While being small, Williams doesn't have power or run big. He is not a mismatch guy in the passing game. They see him as more of a backup and special teams contributor. 8/28/18: As a freshman, Williams looked like he had star potential with an average of 6.8 yards per carry for 1,057 yards and eight touchdowns. The Aggies' offensive line struggled in his sophomore year, and their quarterback play held them back as well. Williams averaged 4.4 yards per carry for 733 yards with seven touchdowns that season. He caught 19 passes in each of those seasons.

13 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I don't see why he would declare for the draft. He may go undrafted and not play again. He might as well get one more year of good football.

I agree.  If it isn't looking good for this year then come back next year and see if things look better.  If not, then at least you have a degree.

I agree also, Williams should def come back, imo eveyone on A&M should be back next year, maybe Sternberger could get a look, but in all reality he should come back to,...A&M could have a good team next year with a lot coming back and the recruiting class Jimbo has put together 

On 12/14/2018 at 6:11 AM, UTfanatic said:

sec Conference brethren are trying to take care of you. 

You have to read “between the lines”.

This ain’t last year 

All these SEC conspiracy theories you have. You are always very quick to judge, but never one to "understand" why this is. So lets read "between the lines" as you so eloquently stated.. because sometimes, you just need to look into the mirror to find the answers......

Perhaps some lessons to be learned here in loyalty. Something tu knows little about, hence the flight of schools and reluctance of others to join big 12-2-2+1+1 or whatever it is this week and the reluctance of the PAC 12 or any other major conference to ever send an official invite to tu when all the shuffling was happening 4-5 years ago and the conference looked to be imploding. tu is in it for tu and that is all fine and dandy because they are only 1 of about 5 or 6 schools in this country who can do what they have done and basically get what they want all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, get what you can get (ie, their own network) , just don't expect others around you to like it, that is just human nature. The Texas Tech's and Baylor's of the world had no choice but to ride the coat tails of tu and hope for the best. In the end, you have a conference, but one of inequality and unfairness when it comes to $$$$ and tv contracts, thus resulting in petty jealousy throughout. 

On the other hand, everything's equal in the SEC when it comes to $$ and TV deals. No one is being treated differently than the other. That same model is used by the Big 10 and Pac 12 as well (Not sure about the ACC) Decisions are made in the best interest of the entire conference, not one "mother ship" institution. Loyalty to a conference is not something that just happens. It happens when there is a level playing field and just like everything, that starts with MONEY!! 

In closing, perhaps it is not the abundance of loyalty in the SEC that ruffles your feathers as much as it is the lack of loyalty inside your own conference that moves you to poke and jest at the superior model set forth by the SEC and other conferences. Or is it superior? For tu, maybe not, but for others in the Big 12, I cant help but think that they would love to bite off some of that tu pie and we all know that is not happening in Austin as long as tu is calling the shots for the conference and honestly, as an Aggie fan, I cant say as I blame them because tu has the ultimate trump card in that they DO NOT need a conference. So to all tu fans, don't hate on conference loyalties, because loyalty is a bi-product of equality throughout, not a King and peasantry hierarchy.

Sometimes you not not look any further than a mirror to find your answer........

Luke has Spoken