Silsbee 19 West Orange-Stark 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

I want to congratulate the WOS Mustangs. We had a rollercoaster ride this year, however you gave your all. I see a brighter future for this team with 11 starters returning next year. 12 if you can count # 20 who played against Sweeny.

Silsbee you guys have a good team. If you face the Gobblers, they have a funny way of lining up on kick off don’t be fooled by them, they do that to throw you off.  It’s a funny little drill. If you play the Panthers’, they just run hard right at you. Good Luck Tigers I hope you win and go to Jerry’s World.

6 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Cuero barely beat Bay City and beat Wharton 42-21. If the Tigers defense from today shows up and the offense from the rest of the season, silsbee should do well! 

Cuero is a physical team with a high powered offense and plays physical on defense. Cuero has THE better athlete but silsbee has more athletes with more over all speed. It’ll probably be a shoot out with the team that can get the big stop in the 4th getting the win 

12 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I would say if that is true, that the “good” reason was getting WOS out of the spread and taking away any passing game they had.  Now i love that we won, but i still dont like the risk that everyone was put in.

Ik you dont like it. But it also makes w.o aware of things that they need to work on.im glad everyone made it out safe. I'm w.o to the fullest. But if I was coaching against them.i would have done the same thing.

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I amstill wondering,  what were the flags on the extra point wos ran back? It looked on the feed like they signaled penalties both ways.  Wouldnt that havebeen offsetting penakties and had another try?  

Offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties that were post score, so dead ball penalties that had no impact on the play. I think. 

For those of you who didnt go to game...h?!

Atmosphere was electric!!  Even with the weather.

I sat through it.  Loved It!

Both teams played through it. Players were doing what they do best.  Ball.

Game Stats will tell the story.

Defense. Turnovers. Clock management and one crazy play that left everybody going wt!

(Even though I understand what was called and what went wrong.)

WOS is a juggernaut opponent by reputation, tradition and a history of results.  I can think of no better way to reach the Semis than to play them for it. 

Silsbee earned it. Period. 

They got out early by scoring on their talents, not the Mustangs weaknesses. 

Ill end by saying thank you to both teams for letting me be a part of it.

Heck of a game.  Watched in on Texan Live.  Both played hard.  Looks like Silsbee made less mistakes.  It takes a lot of planning for these games and I guess both coaches agreed on Friday night, took a chance.  All the kids riding buses and family traveling is the only issue I have.  Hope everyone made it home ok.

I was also at the game in the driving rain and I also loved it.  

The first quick score by Silsbee was nothing out of the  norm.  They've done this quite a few times this year the set the momentum.  This was a coaching chestmatch and I'm glad Coach Smith had it figured out.  We got up to 2 scores and we were content with playing field position game.  I'm ok with that, run the clock and make WO-S go out of their comfort zone....  Passing.  I didn't like the stupid run play to run clock.  I know the punt was high risk, which is why we didn't punt, but you have to trust your special teams and punt that baby away.  

Defense did their thing and should be praised.  They adjusted to what WO-S was doing to move the ball...  And like 3 amazing plays by a couple of kids...  #20 impresses me every time on defense.  #8 flew to the ball on that one play to prevent the WO-S player from turning the corner.  #22 had 3 huge plays in the second half that without them, WO-S probably scores on their drives.

WO-S never gave up and their defense got real stingy and stiff in the second half.  About what I expected.  But they will need to find a QB.  The one they had wasn't accurate at all, well, #9 wasn't .  The other QB likes to run.  Don't think he was a threat passing either.  And to this WO-S team. Keep your heads up, work hard in the off-season, and let's dance twice again next year!  Way to keep it on the field.

Just casual thoughts.  Strange that neither team brought a canopy or a small hooch that some players on the sidelines can huddle in while on the bench or even gave a designated bag of dry towels are warmer for players with cold and wet hands.  Especially the QB's.  Both Silsbee and WO-S QB's had some pases that got away from them.  

I arrived at the game with my cousin and told him they wouldn't be calling holding calls in this game because I knew the refs didn't want to extend this game and wanted to get the heck up outta there.  I was right.  ZERO holding calls although they're were multiple holding infractions that I've seen.  Actually, it was minimum penalties.  That Pass interference by the Silsbee DB was so damn obvious, he had to throw that.  Lol

Silsbee, it's not over.  Few days to celebrate.  Back to work Monday.... And get locked in for next game.  

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was also at the game in the driving rain and I also loved it.  

The first quick score by Silsbee was nothing out of the  norm.  They've done this quite a few times this year the set the momentum.  This was a coaching chestmatch and I'm glad Coach Smith had it figured out.  We got up to 2 scores and we were content with playing field position game.  I'm ok with that, run the clock and make WO-S go out of their comfort zone....  Passing.  I didn't like the stupid run play to run clock.  I know the punt was high risk, which is why we didn't punt, but you have to trust your special teams and punt that baby away.  

Defense did their thing and should be praised.  They adjusted to what WO-S was doing to move the ball...  And like 3 amazing plays by a couple of kids...  #20 impresses me every time on defense.  #8 flew to the ball on that one play to prevent the WO-S player from turning the corner.  #22 had 3 huge plays in the second half that without them, WO-S probably scores on their drives.

WO-S never gave up and their defense got real stingy and stiff in the second half.  About what I expected.  But they will need to find a QB.  The one they had wasn't accurate at all, well, #9 wasn't .  The other QB likes to run.  Don't think he was a threat passing either.  And to this WO-S team. Keep your heads up, work hard in the off-season, and let's dance twice again next year!  Way to keep it on the field.

Just casual thoughts.  Strange that neither team brought a canopy or a small hooch that some players on the sidelines can huddle in while on the bench or even gave a designated bag of dry towels are warmer for players with cold and wet hands.  Especially the QB's.  Both Silsbee and WO-S QB's had some pases that got away from them.  

I arrived at the game with my cousin and told him they wouldn't be calling holding calls in this game because I knew the refs didn't want to extend this game and wanted to get the heck up outta there.  I was right.  ZERO holding calls although they're were multiple holding infractions that I've seen.  Actually, it was minimum penalties.  That Pass interference by the Silsbee DB was so damn obvious, he had to throw that.  Lol

Silsbee, it's not over.  Few days to celebrate.  Back to work Monday.... And get locked in for next game.  

We said!!

I had a bad feeling about this game being played in that weather.WOS offense had problems scoring this year and with that weather I knew it would be even more difficult.Special teams and defense kept us in games.Defense played well and so did Silsbee.Silsbee offense was better than WOS this year so to hold them under 4 td's in both games was a win for us.As soon as we got behind a couple of scores I knew it was over.We just didn't have that big play type team this year.Congrats to Silsbee region 3 champs.