Coaching Carousel

urban_meyer

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/3/2019 at 4:34 PM, Go-rilla said:

Time out!

1st off no one in BH thinks Westerberg is going to recreate Allen. BH fans just glad they don’t have to watch the wishbone anymore. 

BH fans did, however, enjoy an occasional playoff win under Gage and/or Price.

No one relistically thinks BH will be another Allen, but dang, TW is O-fer in 3 years. Is BH getting what they paid for? They did more with less in the past.  

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I've seen plenty of starting QB's on special teams, including kickoff return. Saw plenty of it in playoffs.

Good to see educated people pay attention in games.  Thanks for verifying what Go-rilla Said

On 1/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, WOSgrad said:

Um...this was not Shadow Creek's first year of varsity football.

This is the hidden content, please

This was Shadow Creek’s 1st full year of Varsity football. For their previous 2 seasons they played a schedule mixed with JV and Varsity games against anyone they could find. Notice the league on MaxPreps next to their record says, “Freelance”. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, oldman said:

Eagle Nation is another parent that is upset over playing time.  So rather than discuss with a coach.... he posts on here looking for support.   He and is cronies look for negative things to post about a coach.   Just so happens he blames Westerberg for all the problems.  

I figure he'll be a hot commodity if he decides to leave...

14 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Crosby= Grass farms.

17 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Crosby losing a lot of coaches with all the layoffs? Will Coach Riordan stay? Couldn't blame him for wanting to leave if you can't keep a staff in place. 

If Riordan leaves Crosby’s football team will be non existent. No coach worth hiring would put his name in the hat for that position with all that’s happened in that school district.

18 minutes ago, bradyb said:

About the experiment running it's course. Everyone has their opinion though, so I won't argue 

You and I can both agree that Joubert was the best person for football.  However, if you try and tell me that he or anyone else can successfully devote the time/energy required to do Head Football AND Head Basketball in the same season then we will have to agree to disagree.  Just like I don't think it's possible to do Head Basketball and Head Baseball in the same season.  It is very possible and even likely to stretch yourself too thin.  Eventually, a choice has to be made which one to give max effort to or a choice has to be made to split your effort between the two.

Just one small example.. when he was doing Head Basketball only do you really think he cared if his kids decided not to play football and to go in the gym every day after school?  So what do you do when you take over football?  Convince them they need to play football and help the football team even though it may hurt the basketball team?.. See what I mean?

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You and I can both agree that Joubert was the best person for football.  However, if you try and tell me that he or anyone else can successfully devote the time/energy required to do Head Football AND Head Basketball in the same season then we will have to agree to disagree.  Just like I don't think it's possible to do Head Basketball and Head Baseball in the same season.  It is very possible and even likely to stretch yourself too thin.  Eventually, a choice has to be made which one to give max effort to or a choice has to be made to split your effort between the two.

Just one small example.. when he was doing Head Basketball only do you really think he cared if his kids decided not to play football and to go in the gym every day after school?  So what do you do when you take over football?  Convince them they need to play football and help the football team even though it may hurt the basketball team?.. See what I mean?

I get that point for sure. I really do. But I have witnessed this man give everything he has in both sports for the last 4 years. He never cuts practice short, he never takes it easy on anyone, he never EVER misses a day no matter what. I have no idea how he does it, but he does. This is going to help him personally but it is not going to be good for the program unfortunately. You will not find anyone that will out work him and care about the kids the way he does. I know this for a fact. 

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

I get that point for sure. I really do. But I have witnessed this man give everything he has in both sports for the last 4 years. He never cuts practice short, he never takes it easy on anyone, he never EVER misses a day no matter what. I have no idea how he does it, but he does. This is going to help him personally but it is not going to be good for the program unfortunately. You will not find anyone that will out work him and care about the kids the way he does. I know this for a fact. 

I don’t think anyone on here is going to speak ill of Joubert’s efforts. But we’d all be fooling ourselves if we sat here an said that Kountze is a good job. Especially if the AD title is not attached.

7 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I don’t think anyone on here is going to speak ill of Joubert’s efforts. But we’d all be fooling ourselves if we sat here an said that Kountze is a good job. Especially if the AD title is not attached.

I did not say it was a good job. I didn't say it was a bad one either. Honestly I can not discuss that, but I will defend Joubert for sure. Because I know his character and what he is about and his coaching ability. 

12 minutes ago, bradyb said:

I did not say it was a good job. I didn't say it was a bad one either. Honestly I can not discuss that, but I will defend Joubert for sure. Because I know his character and what he is about and his coaching ability. 

Nobody is calling his ability into question.  I just think that he may have outkicked his coverage.  Even the hardest working of individuals can bite off more than they can chew.

8 minutes ago, Kegger said:

Looks like Cleveland already has their man. Norris Taff. He was on the staff in the late 90s and early 2000s. Wish him luck but the quality of athletes and the level of competition has definitely changed since his days in Cleveland.

Really?

Norris is a great guy, no doubt about that. But, I thought he was enjoying retirement.