Coaching Carousel

urban_meyer

On 12/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, txfootball55 said:

Shame Barbers Hill isn’t on the list! BH deserves better & Westerberg deserves his walking papers! The old 1 & the young 1! He’s a POS that only talks to QB’s & recievers, picks boys who post on social media threatening to shoot gays &coming off suspension to represent the team as captains,  does NOTHING to help boys get recruited & picks  WATER BOYS to be Athlete of the week after his running back got over 300 yds! He’s arrogant & a waste of tax payers money! 

I thought the RB Long was going to Texas A&M Commerce and lineman or two were going somewhere. That's at least 4 or 5 playing past HS. 

If 4-5 from BH play College Ball next year somebody must have helped them get recruited.

College coaches don’t just listen to parents about their kids.   I have heard many college coaches say that the amount of video they get from kids alone is unbelievable.    They wann talk to the HS coach.  

Of course TXFOOTBALL55. Is blind to all this.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, oldman said:

If 4-5 from BH play College Ball next year somebody must have helped them get recruited.

College coaches don’t just listen to parents about their kids.   I have heard many college coaches say that the amount of video they get from kids alone is unbelievable.    They wann talk to the HS coach.  

Of course TXFOOTBALL55. Is blind to all this.

Probably because his "boy" who was a little league hero didn't get the attention he deserved from the ol coach. Geez....

Guest ECBucFan

A while back I casually questioned if the "investment" BH made was paying off or not, and some went postal on me just for asking. I am surprised this thread has not melted down this site yet, LOL. I don't have a dog in the hunt at BH, but I do want the program to compete and succeed, The problem with TW is that he does not have the recruiting system he had at Allen. Under TW, Allen was built by transfers for athletic purposes. Google "Air14" if you don't believe me. Nothing like "Air14" is sucking in top athletes to BH (Didn't BH realize this before the hire?) Thats the dilemma TW and BH has.  

What, exactly then, does BH expect out of TW? So far, BH has not got much more than a "name". If memory serves, his BH teams barely made the playoffs in 16 and 18, and failed to make the playoffs in 17. In 16 and 18 BH was promptly bounced out in the first round. Zero playoff wins in three years, IIRC. Please correct if I am wrong. A lot of BH money has been spent on TW (and son and wife, I understand). Is TW just an expensive placeholder for his son, waiting to retire? Personally, I think BH would have been better served by hiring a young, sharp, "up and comer" coach, at a porportional salary. BH should calculate playoff wins per dollar. No need to flame, Its JMO!  

On 12/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, navydawg31 said:

United has now a year under the system, now the younger kids will have better understanding of the lingo and the system they run. As well as a full true season of off season work out. Plus going from a district with WB, NS, DP compared what the boys are used to playing in with my dogs, PNG, and such is a night and day and have to adjust. Plus Last year they maybe didn’t get a fair chance because of the unknown that was before them and coaches probably finding jobs else where that basically screwed the kids over. Seen it before with lame ducks sitting and waiting. The United team should be much improved this season and should very well compete for a playoff  spot. They never gave up and was in the thick of things for a very long time through the season. 

Relax United will be fine, and the same nay sayers will be praising the same coaching staff 

Shadow Creek Sharks were a first year team that played for the State Championship.  Apparently they were serious and picked the right HC.  When Ozen and Central combined, the talent was there.  But, what failed them that didn't fail Shadow Creek?  I'm not pin-pointing you specifically.  Just using your thread as a good place to point this out to everyone. 

18 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Shadow Creek Sharks were a first year team that played for the State Championship.  Apparently they were serious and picked the right HC.  When Ozen and Central combined, the talent was there.  But, what failed them that didn't fail Shadow Creek?  I'm not pin-pointing you specifically.  Just using your thread as a good place to point this out to everyone. 

Um...this was not Shadow Creek's first year of varsity football.

This is the hidden content, please

11 hours ago, Reagan said:

Like what WOSgrad said it wasn’t there first year of football at that school,it opened in 2016. It is the schools first graduating class. But that school district redid the lines and hearing from other boards they rezoned a lot of kids from manvel state championship team the year before to that school. It’s a certain area/ sub division where tons of highly ranked athletes live in the district. Maybe a manvel guy can explain better or give more info, but from hearing from both parties this is what they are both saying. 

But speaking of rezoning did BISD ever redo there lines and enforce the rule if the kid lives in this school zone they go to it? 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Like what WOSgrad said it wasn’t there first year of football at that school,it opened in 2016. It is the schools first graduating class. But that school district redid the lines and hearing from other boards they rezoned a lot of kids from manvel state championship team the year before to that school. It’s a certain area/ sub division where tons of highly ranked athletes live in the district. Maybe a manvel guy can explain better or give more info, but from hearing from both parties this is what they are both saying. 

But speaking of rezoning did BISD ever redo there lines and enforce the rule if the kid lives in this school zone they go to it? 

The high school zoning lines are pretty cut and dry.  Its the middle school and elementary lines that has to be drawn that I'm aware of. 

Everyone should know what high school they're going to...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And Shadow Creek's first varsity team was in 2016.  Silsbee we played them in Silsbee that year..  And the school is located in Pearland, but pull from Manvel area...

I think because kids weren’t seniors yet, they played a hybrid JV/Varsity schedule. I don’t believe they were in a UIL district until this most recent realignment.

4 hours ago, The Icon said:

I think because kids weren’t seniors yet, they played a hybrid JV/Varsity schedule. I don’t believe they were in a UIL district until this most recent realignment.

That is correct.  They played in a UIL district for the first time this year.

Time out!

1st off no one in BH thinks Westerberg is going to recreate Allen. BH fans just glad they don’t have to watch the wishbone anymore.

2nd off Shadow creek is taking kids from an area that is really good in football right now. Pearland, manvel, Fort bend area. Central and Ozen were struggling to say the least the last few years. You can’t fairly compare shadow creek and United. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, txfootball55 said:

Shame Barbers Hill isn’t on the list! BH deserves better & Westerberg deserves his walking papers! The old 1 & the young 1! He’s a POS that only talks to QB’s & recievers, picks boys who post on social media threatening to shoot gays &coming off suspension to represent the team as captains,  does NOTHING to help boys get recruited & picks  WATER BOYS to be Athlete of the week after his running back got over 300 yds! He’s arrogant & a waste of tax payers money! 

Unbelievable! I saw B Hill play Manvel in first round and they were so much less talented than Manvel, but they were able to keep the game close because they were COACHED ten times better than Manvel. This clown is clueless!

3 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Unbelievable! I saw B Hill play Manvel in first round and they were so much less talented than Manvel, but they were able to keep the game close because they were COACHED ten times better than Manvel. This clown is clueless!

If you watched BH play Manvel then you saw the BH starting QB get a concussion on the opening kickoff because COACHES had him returning kickoffs. I don't think that falls under the well coached category.

2 hours ago, Eagle Nation said:

If you watched BH play Manvel then you saw the BH starting QB get a concussion on the opening kickoff because COACHES had him returning kickoffs. I don't think that falls under the well coached category.

That statement in itself tells me all I need to know about your complete and utter lack of any kind of football knowledge. So you’re blaming the coaches for a kid getting a concussion? Never mind the fact that the kid was more than likely hit and could’ve just as easily gotten a concussion while running the ball, throwing passes, etc. Him getting a concussion on kickoff return is the stupid ole B Hill coaches fault?? That’s one of the most asinine statements I’ve heard in a while. You ever stop to think that maybe the coaches had him returning kicks because special teams is a very important part of the game and having one of their better players with the ball in his hands at any point in the game is a good thing.

Another uninformed armchair QB.....

Eagle Nation is another parent that is upset over playing time.  So rather than discuss with a coach.... he posts on here looking for support.   He and is cronies look for negative things to post about a coach.   Just so happens he blames Westerberg for all the problems.  

41 minutes ago, oldman said:

Eagle Nation is another parent that is upset over playing time.  So rather than discuss with a coach.... he posts on here looking for support.   He and is cronies look for negative things to post about a coach.   Just so happens he blames Westerberg for all the problems.  

+1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:48 PM, Uncle Pig said:

That statement in itself tells me all I need to know about your complete and utter lack of any kind of football knowledge. So you’re blaming the coaches for a kid getting a concussion? Never mind the fact that the kid was more than likely hit and could’ve just as easily gotten a concussion while running the ball, throwing passes, etc. Him getting a concussion on kickoff return is the stupid ole B Hill coaches fault?? That’s one of the most asinine statements I’ve heard in a while. You ever stop to think that maybe the coaches had him returning kicks because special teams is a very important part of the game and having one of their better players with the ball in his hands at any point in the game is a good thing.

Oh I understand now! Starting OB's are always on the kickoff return team. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry for my complete and utter lack of football knowledge.

Oh I understand now! Starting OB's are always on the kickoff return team. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry for my complete and utter lack of football knowledge.

I've seen plenty of starting QB's on special teams, including kickoff return. Saw plenty of it in playoffs.