Coaching Carousel

urban_meyer

On 12/20/2018 at 7:25 AM, Go-rilla said:

Come on fellas!!!!! Everybody in their right mind knew that the United experience was gonna struggle early. I expect them to be a lot better next year.

Curious.  Why should everybody have expected United to struggle (other than possibly because of the Coach)?  Maybe struggle some in the first half of the season.  As I remember, after the Hebert/Forest Park merger, Coach Durley took West Brook to a State Championship.  But in all fairness, there aren’t many Coach Durleys around. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Curious.  Why should everybody have expected United to struggle (other than possibly because of the Coach)?  Maybe struggle some in the first half of the season.  As I remember, after the Hebert/Forest Park merger, Coach Durley took West Brook to a State Championship.  But in all fairness, there aren’t many Coach Durleys around. 

True.  But -- it's especially sad when they didn't even try to find one as good as Durley.  Or close to it!  This blunder is clearly on those that made this decision.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I think it’s because of the two schools that were merging. Central was a 3rd or 4th place team at best in the old 22-5A for the past couple years. And ozen was irrelevant. Adding those two and moving them to 6A spelled disaster for the first year for sure. When/if they get a good coaching staff they will be better.

United has now a year under the system, now the younger kids will have better understanding of the lingo and the system they run. As well as a full true season of off season work out. Plus going from a district with WB, NS, DP compared what the boys are used to playing in with my dogs, PNG, and such is a night and day and have to adjust. Plus Last year they maybe didn’t get a fair chance because of the unknown that was before them and coaches probably finding jobs else where that basically screwed the kids over. Seen it before with lame ducks sitting and waiting. The United team should be much improved this season and should very well compete for a playoff  spot. They never gave up and was in the thick of things for a very long time through the season. 

Relax United will be fine, and the same nay sayers will be praising the same coaching staff 

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

United has now a year under the system, now the younger kids will have better understanding of the lingo and the system they run. As well as a full true season of off season work out. Plus going from a district with WB, NS, DP compared what the boys are used to playing in with my dogs, PNG, and such is a night and day and have to adjust. Plus Last year they maybe didn’t get a fair chance because of the unknown that was before them and coaches probably finding jobs else where that basically screwed the kids over. Seen it before with lame ducks sitting and waiting. The United team should be much improved this season and should very well compete for a playoff  spot. They never gave up and was in the thick of things for a very long time through the season. 

Relax United will be fine, and the same nay sayers will be praising the same coaching staff 

Agreed. Big difference between 5A and 6A.

10 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I can promise you that they could win state next year and I wouldn't praise the current head coach and offensive coordinator.  Some of the other guys, maybe but not those 2...

12 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I think it’s because of the two schools that were merging. Central was a 3rd or 4th place team at best in the old 22-5A for the past couple years. And ozen was irrelevant. Adding those two and moving them to 6A spelled disaster for the first year for sure. When/if they get a good coaching staff they will be better.

Why not give them a good coaching staff from the start?  

11 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

That’s the million dollar question!

That dead horse has been beaten 

1) Lydell Wilson was told he had to keep coaches from the previous staffs and certain ones as coordinators 

2) Certain board members with no skin in the game were making those calls

3) Once the decision to choose AL as the first coach was made, it was spun as a “he’s done this before” type deal 

Am I close?

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, The Icon said:
12 hours ago, The Icon said:

That dead horse has been beaten 

1) Lydell Wilson was told he had to keep coaches from the previous staffs and certain ones as coordinators 

2) Certain board members with no skin in the game were making those calls

3) Once the decision to choose AL as the first coach was made, it was spun as a “he’s done this before” type deal 

Am I close?

I will continue to beat the crap out of this horse until they shut me up by winning some games and at the least making the playoffs.  If they can't stop me from speaking at the board meetings and other places, you or nobody else will stop me from talking about the matter on here...

1.  Wilson was a viable candidate but wasn't even the best one in my opinion but he would have been better than what is currently in place...

2.  Exactly, no skin in the game and they are still the ones making the calls.

3.  The biggest mistake that THE POWERS made but hey, he'll have a full off-season now so that's one excuse that can't be used next year...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I will continue to beat the crap out of this horse until they shut me up by winning some games and at the least making the playoffs.  If they can't stop me from speaking at the board meetings and other places, you or nobody else will stop me from talking about the matter on here...

1.  Wilson was a viable candidate but wasn't even the best one in my opinion but he would have been better than what is currently in place...

2.  Exactly, no skin in the game and they are still the ones making the calls.

3.  The biggest mistake that THE POWERS made but hey, he'll have a full off-season now so that's one excuse that can't be used next year...

1. Agreed

2. Agreed 

3. I want to see how they look after a full offseason with the current staff in order to develop a complete opinion 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, navydawg31 said:

The current HC has a history that would dictate otherwise, IMO.

12 minutes ago, txfootball55 said:

Shame Barbers Hill isn’t on the list! BH deserves better & Westerberg deserves his walking papers! The old 1 & the young 1! He’s a POS that only talks to QB’s & recievers, picks boys who post on social media threatening to shoot gays &coming off suspension to represent the team as captains,  does NOTHING to help boys get recruited & picks  WATER BOYS to be Athlete of the week after his running back got over 300 yds! He’s arrogant & a waste of tax payers money! 

Hummmmm!  Well this is interesting!

47 minutes ago, txfootball55 said:

Shame Barbers Hill isn’t on the list! BH deserves better & Westerberg deserves his walking papers! The old 1 & the young 1! He’s a POS that only talks to QB’s & recievers, picks boys who post on social media threatening to shoot gays &coming off suspension to represent the team as captains,  does NOTHING to help boys get recruited & picks  WATER BOYS to be Athlete of the week after his running back got over 300 yds! He’s arrogant & a waste of tax payers money! 

Not someone who shares half of your genetic material is it?

1 hour ago, txfootball55 said:

Lol!! Knew it wouldn’t take long.  There was literally not a more successful high school football coach that could have taken the BH job. 

This proves my point that I’ve made too many times to count.

2 hours ago, txfootball55 said:

Great first post....  Smh

3 hours ago, txfootball55 said:

If I saw it correct BH had a kid sign with Incarnate Word.    Sure others will sign come February with other schools.   Didn’t know BH had a lot of scholarship players walking the halls.

I love this message board when people post relevant comments and knowledgeable posts.  Cannot stand it when people post shots at coaches with baseless comments .   

My message to them..... GET LOST