Coaching Carousel

urban_meyer

5 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Your not the only one buddy! But speaking of 6a ball I seen where WB HC was the lowest in Texas in 6a. I would think with success he’s having doors might open for him with higher pay some where else 

Said this a week ago. He is making less than United's coach by 10K. Wouldn't shock me at all if he walks.

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Your not the only one buddy! But speaking of 6a ball I seen where WB HC was the lowest in Texas in 6a. I would think with success he’s having doors might open for him with higher pay some where else 

Both Beaumont football coaches salaries were raised from around $85K to about $120K being that the school district is paying just 2 head football coaches now and not 3 anymore.  I would say that 1 earned every penny and the other, well...

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Said this a week ago. He is making less than United's coach by 10K. Wouldn't shock me at all if he walks.

I thought they were both at the same thing but I could be wrong.  I don't see him walking since he is from the area but if he is not making the same as AL then RJ needs to bring his pay up.

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. But I didn’t know what WB upcoming talent and what other 6a jobs out there were this year to make him think about it. I would think Desoto would be a no go

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I thought they were both at the same thing but I could be wrong.  I don't see him walking since he is from the area but if he is not making the same as AL then RJ needs to bring his pay up.

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Both Beaumont football coaches salaries were raised from around $85K to about $120K being that the school district is paying just 2 head football coaches now and not 3 anymore.  I would say that 1 earned every penny and the other, well...

He isn't making 120K. He is still at the 86K he was before the merger. AL is making 96K. Both salaries were posted a few weeks back, I don't have the link. 

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

He isn't making 120K. He is still at the 86K he was before the merger. AL is making 96K. Both salaries were posted a few weeks back, I don't have the link. 

I find that hard to believe that he is at $86K unless members of the school board and "The Powers" are lying.  I was told that both are making the same, that BISD doesn't pay football coaches differently just like they didn't when it was West Brook, Ozen and Central.  But hey it won't be the 1st time someone over there has lied...

13 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. But I didn’t know what WB upcoming talent and what other 6a jobs out there were this year to make him think about it. I would think Desoto would be a no go

His cupboards aren't bare, especially at the QB position with the Junior (can't think of his name), the JV team had a nice QB and the Anderson kid coming up.

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

His cupboards aren't bare, especially at the QB position with the Junior (can't think of his name), the JV team had a nice QB and the Anderson kid coming up.

I think if hes have a winng program coming back it’s gonna be hard for him not to come back. LCM Head Coach makes more the WOS HC. WOS HC could have any job he wants, and  is happy staying with s consistent program. 

Salaries are set by school boards that are elected by the people of the community.  They usually take several things into consideration like experience, success, worth (their view), etc..  Most of these coaches don't make what they deserve considering the time put into the program during the season, summers, other games, weekends... whatever.  Make a big deal about an AD's salary and see what kind of coach you end up with.  As long as the current one is keeping kids excited and motivated, working towards being successful, and holding players and coaching staff accountable then I would leave it alone.

18 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Image result for beating a dead horse

If you dont like your coach or his salary go to the school board meeting and voice your opinion? I know nothing about Crouch, but I do know that everyone thinks that firing a coach is going to fix their problems. It may but it it may not. Best of luck in 2019 LCM it may be your year.

Just for the record, I did go to last months school board meeting after our season was complete and voiced my opinion.  When the AS found out prior to the meeting that I would be speaking at the meeting about this matter, she tried to cut me off with a 20 minute 44 second phone call prior.  And I'll be at the next one doing the same thing...

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Salaries are set by school boards that are elected by the people of the community.  They usually take several things into consideration like experience, success, worth (their view), etc..  Most of these coaches don't make what they deserve considering the time put into the program during the season, summers, other games, weekends... whatever.  Make a big deal about an AD's salary and see what kind of coach you end up with.  As long as the current one is keeping kids excited and motivated, working towards being successful, and holding players and coaching staff accountable then I would leave it alone.

The money doesn't concern me, hell pay them more.  Not knowing how to be a "winner" is my issue.  You are what your record says you are...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The money doesn't concern me, hell pay them more.  Not knowing how to be a "winner" is my issue.  You are what your record says you are...

Unfortunately..that is the common misconception.  I personally think that some of the best coaches in the state have never won a championship.  I also think that there are several not so good coaches that have won one or multiple.  But yes I know how coaches are judged. 

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Just for the record, I did go to last months school board meeting after our season was complete and voiced my opinion.  When the AS found out prior to the meeting that I would be speaking at the meeting about this matter, she tried to cut me off with a 20 minute 44 second phone call prior.  And I'll be at the next one doing the same thing...

This is why I think it’s a waste of time to go down there to speak because it solves nothing. They will end up doing what they want. Perfect example is when everyone spoke up  about the name change at the Butch and they still took it down. That’s probably  why Go-rilla  said to go down there to speak up because obviously he is  a coach and knows nothing is going to be done.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Unfortunately..that is the common misconception.  I personally think that some of the best coaches in the state have never won a championship.  I also think that there are several not so good coaches that have won one or multiple.  But yes I know how coaches are judged. 

Who do you have in mind?