Bad weather

GoFundMe

21 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Teams with good running games pray for wet fields while teams with passing attacks love the dry surface. Why would anyone with a ground game agree to reschedule? 

I don’t think that’s the big issue, the biggest problem is if the weather is as bad as what’s being predicted then a Friday night game would most likely be delayed. Or worse, won’t happen and have to be rescheduled last minute.

And long as lightening is not predicted, then they'll play the game.  Elements (rain, wind, cold) are part of the game.  As far as the game goes, turf fields have complex drainage systems.  So the field will be fine. 

I've sat the the ran for a game this year.  I have no problem doing it.  Just got to bring your rain gear and drive your SUV or Trucks to the game...  

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

Teams with good running games pray for wet fields while teams with passing attacks love the dry surface. Why would anyone with a ground game agree to reschedule? 

Actually passing teams have a bigger advantage on a slippery field because WR’s know where they’re going and DB’s tend to slip more in those conditions. 

9 hours ago, badndn said:

Actually passing teams have a bigger advantage on a slippery field because WR’s know where they’re going and DB’s tend to slip more in those conditions. 

Weather shouldnt be much of a factor on the basketball court. Unless the PNG gym roof has a leak.

Play the game in the rain Silsbee has upset Wo-s at least 2 times in the rain once on a Friday 13 in Port Arthur ( A PLAYOFF GAME) and the other is the mud bowl in Silsbee and Newton knocked off the mustangs on a soaked field at Wo-s their season so possible advantage Silsbee in the rain category a good rain storm will definitely slow down the passing game and the tigers have a stable of running backs so I am rooting for the rain nothing serious just a steady rain Good luck to both teams.

22 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I don’t think that’s the big issue, the biggest problem is if the weather is as bad as what’s being predicted then a Friday night game would most likely be delayed. Or worse, won’t happen and have to be rescheduled last minute.

According to Chita - KHOU 11 news out of Houston says that things will decline rapidly between 8 - 10 pm on Friday night in the Houston area. So, just about 2nd quarter and the poop will hit the roof.  

Too late to change the day I guess. I have stated earlier that all the Houston weather stations are saying it will be very bad weather. For all the games being played on Friday night, prepare for the worst and a very very long night of delays.

27 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

According to Chita - KHOU 11 news out of Houston says that things will decline rapidly between 8 - 10 pm on Friday night in the Houston area. So, just about 2nd quarter and the poop will hit the roof.  

7 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Too late to change the day I guess. I have stated earlier that all the Houston weather stations are saying it will be very bad weather. For all the games being played on Friday night, prepare for the worst and a very very long night of delays.

I agree with you even I live here in north of Houston. I am very shock that Silsbee/WOS keep play game and seem that they don't care about safety issue. FYI, I notice that who play in Houston area and already reschedule so I believe that only one game is Silsbee/WOS play on Friday. That is so ridiculous and I want to see people to have safety reason not because game is part of game. 

1 hour ago, tennisbc said:

I'm not sure yet if I'm going.Hate to miss being there but when you get to be my age you can't take the harsh elements like the younger ones can.Texanlive will be showing it so I might do that. Want make a decision until Friday. 

1 hour ago, WOS1986 said:

I agree with you even I live here in north of Houston. I am very shock that Silsbee/WOS keep play game and seem that they don't care about safety issue. FYI, I notice that who play in Houston area and already reschedule so I believe that only one game is Silsbee/WOS play on Friday. That is so ridiculous and I want to see people to have safety reason not because game is part of game. 

I know that WOS loves Friday's, but the weather, your fan base and the safety of all involved must be taken into question.