Question

Chester86

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

For clarification, both coaches agreed to play at Texan Drive. In fact, all 4 coaches (Jasper and Giddings) agreed last week to play the game at Texan Drive.

Two reasons. One, Lamar University charges more than Texan Drive. (also BISD Stadium is unavailable due to construction) The other reason and it is the main reason that both coaches agreed on was to try to eliminate the riff raff that would attend the game if held in Beaumont just to cause trouble. Both schools have had their issues with outside people attending just to cause trouble.

An example: Silsbee at PA Memorial basketball game just a couple weeks ago. The fight outside the gym was Beaumont folks, not Silsbee or PA. This is what neither coach or admins wanted to have to deal with if the game was held locally. Trust me, something would have happened if the game was held at Lamar.

They just figured that the true fans for each team will drive to Porter, the riff raff will not.

Majority of that is true.i just left practice and talked to a couple of coaches abt it.and it didn't have anything to do with the drama.but everything else is correct.lamar charges to much.and bisd isn't ready.  Bf last Friday games all 4 coaches had agreed to play there.so they wouldn't have to worry abt the stadium they would play at.coaches are just trying to do what they can to get a win.

55 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Beaumont folks were not problem at the Jasper vs Wos game last week at Lamar. Maybe it’s just a certain school

It's not certain schools.what has happened in the past is gone. And ppl still wanna talk abt the past.for instance didn't silsbee just play at w.o a month ago? And it was without any extra security. And no drama afterwards. Alot is gossip. 

4 minutes ago, dj said:

It's not certain schools.what has happened in the past is gone. And ppl still wanna talk abt the past.for instance didn't silsbee just play at w.o a month ago? And it was without any extra security. And no drama afterwards. Alot is gossip. 

I’m assuming you didn’t hear about the fight in Pa when silsbee played there. It was in the parking lot this year. I think I’ve only heard of one school going play games more then once and its always when Silsbee team shows up. I heard silsbee had a fight in the silsbee stands this year during a football game. I guess you could call it gossip but a lot of it is valid. But I think they did a smart thing by  moving the game to avoid conflict much as possible.

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

Beaumont folks were not problem at the Jasper vs Wos game last week at Lamar. Maybe it’s just a certain school

Aggies can say what he wants to, he's a mod, but the trouble seems to follow a certain school regardless if it is outsiders.  Why no other school?  Nothing happened at the WOS/Jasper game in Beaumont.  But there were incidents outside at the Silsbee @ Memorial basketball game and outside at the Silsbee @ United game.  Seems like the start of a pattern to me.  Memorial came to United and everything was just fine.  Keep pointing the finger...

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Aggies can say what he wants to, he's a mod, but the trouble seems to follow a certain school regardless if it is outsiders.  Why no other school?  Nothing happened at the WOS/Jasper game in Beaumont.  But there were incidents outside at the Silsbee @ Memorial basketball game and outside at the Silsbee @ United game.  Seems like the start of a pattern to me.  Memorial came to United and everything was just fine.  Keep pointing the finger...

That’s pretty much what I said with DJ. Why would Bmt folks care about s Silsbee game but hey that’s in the past. We better move forward 

18 minutes ago, dj said:

Actually, there was drama on Silsbee's side that night.  It was just fortunate to not escalate bad as people were separated...

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I am just relaying the info I was given by coaches on why the game is not being played in Beaumont.

And I do agree, trouble seems to be following one certain school, unfortunately. Not too proud of this rep.

14 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I’m assuming you didn’t hear about the fight in Pa when silsbee played there. It was in the parking lot this year. I think I’ve only heard of one school going play games more then once and its always when Silsbee team shows up. I heard silsbee had a fight in the silsbee stands this year during a football game. I guess you could call it gossip but a lot of it is valid. But I think they did a smart thing by  moving the game to avoid conflict much as possible.

Truth to an extent.  Punches were not thrown, but there was jawing and chirping back and forth.  Could've gotten bad..

5 hours ago, LC-M said:

I was at the game !! And it wasnt in the parking lot.it was right outside the gym doors.and it was some lil girls from bmt started the whole thing.and not only that i was in the gym when PA coached jumped off the bench to go towards the silsbee guard.the assistance coach was outta of line.it wasnt that serious.of a foul.and the silsbee coach called the game wit abt 49 sec to go in the game.to avoid anymore drama.

6 hours ago, LC-M said:

12 minutes ago, dj said:

I was at the game !! And it wasnt in the parking lot.it was right outside the gym doors.and it was some lil girls from bmt started the whole thing.and not only that i was in the gym when PA coached jumped off the bench to go towards the silsbee guard.the assistance coach was outta of line.it wasnt that serious.of a foul.and the silsbee coach called the game wit abt 49 sec to go in the game.to avoid anymore drama.

My point it follows silsbee more than other schools. Maybe it’s just bad luck lol

5 hours ago, LC-M said:

My point it follows silsbee more than other schools. Maybe it’s just bad luck lol

Track meets, football games, basketball games.... it just seems like it happens a lot when the Tigers are around. At least that’s what I’ve experienced. Legend has it that the basketball team got in a shoving match with some people when they were just visiting the state capitol a few years ago. 

It’s part of the atmosphere, and don’t let AAW fool you, they promote it. They even blast that song from Rocky III to let their fans know when it’s time to mix it up with somebody. 

1 hour ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Hmm.. you know, it could always be moved in doors.. I wonder what Reliant looks like as far as schedule this weekend..

People would still find something to gripe about, like we would still have to drive even farther. But that would be cool, more than likely Houston would be the place for next weeks game