Question

Chester86

Without reading 34 pages of ‘Stangs v Tigers where it is probably explained, can someone give me the short answer why 2 teams from SE Texas are traveling to the Houston area to play the regional finals?  Lamar / BISD Veterans field, hell even McNeese are great options but they take a game that would be fun to watch and take it 2 + hours away.  I could understand if they were playing at NRG or Kyle Field.  No dog in the fight - just curious.  Not trying to stir the pot or enrage the fan bases, just a quick question.

21 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Without reading 34 pages of ‘Stangs v Tigers where it is probably explained, can someone give me the short answer why 2 teams from SE Texas are traveling to the Houston area to play the regional finals?  Lamar / BISD Veterans field, hell even McNeese are great options but they take a game that would be fun to watch and take it 2 + hours away.  I could understand if they were playing at NRG or Kyle Field.  No dog in the fight - just curious.  Not trying to stir the pot or enrage the fan bases, just a quick question.

It’s for the safety of the players and fans. This can be a heated rivalry, and you have fans from outside of these two towns who don’t particularly like each other either. 

24 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  The Butch or Lamar just make sense. 

25 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

I think they are banking on the fans who would cause trouble, not making the drive. Whereas they play at Lamar, every turn in SETX would be there. That is what I am getting.

For clarification, both coaches agreed to play at Texan Drive. In fact, all 4 coaches (Jasper and Giddings) agreed last week to play the game at Texan Drive.

Two reasons. One, Lamar University charges more than Texan Drive. (also BISD Stadium is unavailable due to construction) The other reason and it is the main reason that both coaches agreed on was to try to eliminate the riff raff that would attend the game if held in Beaumont just to cause trouble. Both schools have had their issues with outside people attending just to cause trouble.

An example: Silsbee at PA Memorial basketball game just a couple weeks ago. The fight outside the gym was Beaumont folks, not Silsbee or PA. This is what neither coach or admins wanted to have to deal with if the game was held locally. Trust me, something would have happened if the game was held at Lamar.

They just figured that the true fans for each team will drive to Porter, the riff raff will not.

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

Orange is almost 2 hours away so they have a biggr argument than anyone.  We are about 1:20 mins away.  Not 2+ for any of us.  Sure i would have liked lamar for distance but after the explanations i am fine.

33 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I completely agree with their decision, only thing I would have against it is jasper and wos were able to play local with no problem, why decide this week to do different? Nonetheless, I think they are just trying to do what they feel is best. Oh well, I’m sure it will be worth the drive

Do you remember how long it took to get a place to play for the WOS/Jasper game. Maybe they where looking outside the area also. Hmmmm

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Because other area teams are still playing, hence no other fans would show up

And the game is either played at WO-S or Silsbee.

Let's just acknowledge the elephant in the room. Neither wanted to play in Beaumont because of the potential of outside (Beaumont) peeps attending.

I personally think the right choice was made for both schools.

40 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Because other area teams are still playing, hence no other fans would show up

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And the game is either played at WO-S or Silsbee.

Let's just acknowledge the elephant in the room. Neither wanted to play in Beaumont because of the potential of outside (Beaumont) peeps attending.

I personally think the right choice was made for both schools.

I know I was just being a wise  fill in the blank

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

For clarification, both coaches agreed to play at Texan Drive. In fact, all 4 coaches (Jasper and Giddings) agreed last week to play the game at Texan Drive.

Two reasons. One, Lamar University charges more than Texan Drive. (also BISD Stadium is unavailable due to construction) The other reason and it is the main reason that both coaches agreed on was to try to eliminate the riff raff that would attend the game if held in Beaumont just to cause trouble. Both schools have had their issues with outside people attending just to cause trouble.

An example: Silsbee at PA Memorial basketball game just a couple weeks ago. The fight outside the gym was Beaumont folks, not Silsbee or PA. This is what neither coach or admins wanted to have to deal with if the game was held locally. Trust me, something would have happened if the game was held at Lamar.

They just figured that the true fans for each team will drive to Porter, the riff raff will not.

Yessir the riff raff don’t have vehicles! Ha!

6 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Beaumont folks were not problem at the Jasper vs Wos game last week at Lamar. Maybe it’s just a certain school

That could be true, but there was a little issue with a Beaumont crowd last week.

All I know is that Coach Thompson didn't want to play in Beaumont this week.