Texas at Georgia- Sugar Bowl

UTfanatic

Texas owns a 3-1 record against the Bulldogs. They last played in the 1984 Cotton Bowl. Georgia prevailing 10-9 on a botched punt return very late in the game. The 1983 Texas defense I consider their best ever.

This loss cost us a National Championship!!!

Looking forward to the matchup.

On December 3, 2018 at 0:47 PM, Tigers2010 said:

I wonder how many of the Georgia 1st round draft picks will be sitting this game out.

Georgia really only has one legit first round guy (CB Davis) and I am sure he will play and play well. The real question is will the entire team play to the same level as last Saturday's very impressive effort in the SEC championship. If so, it will not end well for Texas. 

8 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Georgia really only has one legit first round guy (CB Davis) and I am sure he will play and play well. The real question is will the entire team play to the same level as last Saturday's very impressive effort in the SEC championship. If so, it will not end well for Texas. 

So Aggie amlumi, 

You’re saying that Texas is doomed. 

Never underestimate the Hermanator and the Horns. 

This ain’t last year 

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

So Aggie amlumi, 

You’re saying that Texas is doomed. 

Never underestimate the Hermanator and the Horns. 

This ain’t last year 

No, what he is saying is that if by some divine miracle the Horns beat another SEC team, it will only be because the SEC team is not motivated. (Forget their 190-91-9 record vs SEC schools.)

That's the ONLY reason any SEC team loses a bowl game.

It just means more excuses. 

Not quite but close. I have watched a lot of college football this year and no doubt Texas has the best team they have had in a long time. They have some really good players on both sides of the ball and Herman is doing a great job with them. No doubt they will come in with their A game. 

My point is, if Georgia plays the way they did last week, they beat anybody including Texas. Spread is 11 and they will cover. Now, backup and look at the LSU game. If that is the product that put on the field, Texas wins. 

Month off should be time to recover from the Alabama effect but all teams tend to struggle after playing the Tide.  

6 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Not quite but close. I have watched a lot of college football this year and no doubt Texas has the best team they have had in a long time. They have some really good players on both sides of the ball and Herman is doing a great job with them. No doubt they will come in with their A game. 

My point is, if Georgia plays the way they did last week, they beat anybody including Texas. Spread is 11 and they will cover. Now, backup and look at the LSU game. If that is the product that put on the field, Texas wins. 

Month off should be time to recover from the Alabama effect but all teams tend to struggle after playing the Tide.  

Obviously more watching than posting.

Why would a Aggie care about Georgia? 

@Bandwagon Rangermentions Texas record against the might sec teams. 

You shouldn’t only watch SECN!

Texas will never shy away from any opponent, regardless their conference affiliation or record. 

As an Aggie, you cannot understand!!!

10 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Im looking at it like this, Idk how good Georgia pass game is,but no matter how good it is, I can probably say confidently it wont be better then anyone in the BIG12 but if Texas can make them one demisional and run the ball, even with the Great Backs Georgia has, I would think there chances would def go up. Texas is pretty good against the run for the most part,

my only reason for picking UGA is becaues Texas Offense is almost like a SEC offense, they try to out physical you, which is what Georgia goes against every week, so i expect UGA defense to contain Texas offense, Herman is going to have to pull out all the stops to keep them off balance 

I see a 

35-28 type of Game, I dont think there will be any blow-outs

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

If he can’t play, that’s at least 1 tackle that defense will miss 

This is the hidden content, please

He has been playing with some serious injuries since the fourth game. 

Never giving in the urge to quit!

btw

Hager and Sterns are playing!  

Aggie jealously runs deep.

4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

He has been playing with some serious injuries since the fourth game. 

Never giving in the urge to quit!

btw

Hager and Sterns are playing!  

Aggie jealously runs deep.

The OU highlight film is of him getting thrown on his back multiple times.  I’ve never seen a player get so much hype and be so terrible.  He is truly awful at football.

This is the hidden content, please