Fort Bend Marshall 47 Huntsville 43/FINAL

13 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

He needs to deep snap on punts, because the 2 safeties and the points following the free kicks are what got Huntsville back into the game and keep them in the game.

Yeah that and Huntsville started jumping those jet sweeps which really took Marshall's offense a huge step back. Question on that bated out safety on the first touch back why wasn't FB forced to kick from the 15. There was a penalty thrown for the intentional batting and you already have to kick from the 20 on a safety I thought. I could be wrong just wondering what the rule was.

6 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Yeah that and Huntsville started jumping those jet sweeps which really took Marshall's offense a huge step back. Question on that bated out safety on the first touch back why wasn't FB forced to kick from the 15. There was a penalty thrown for the intentional batting and you already have to kick from the 20 on a touchback I thought. I could be wrong just wondering what the rule was.

The illegal batting penalty does not carryover to the free kick.

The only way the illegal batting penalty would be enforced is if he would have batted the ball back into the field of play to avoid the safety.

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

The illegal batting penalty does not carryover to the free kick.

The only way the illegal batting penalty would be enforced is if he would have batted the ball back into the field of play to avoid the safety.

So why was a penalty thrown? Knowing that I would always just bat the ball out of the end zone. Thanks for the clarification. On the 2nd one he almost recovered it on the 1yd but luckily it kept rolling into the end one.