West Brook vs Cy-Creek

wbfan

On 12/2/2018 at 10:25 PM, 82 5A State Champs said:

Calpreps has it West Brook 41 Cy Creek 26. And yes, for Gods sake, our defense has to show up, and play. Also, at this level, we simply cannot afford to spot a team 21 points, and expect to come back and win. That foolishness has to stop. The coaches have got to do a better job of preparing those kids to do battle. Cy Creek will bring the house, and they will be ready. I dont care that their record is 8-5. They didnt get here by accident. We need to make them adjust to us, not vice versa. 

edges are WAY too soft for WBs defense, hard to pin that on the coaches when that has been what defenses have attacked the last 2 weeks with success. They get those OLB/SS type kids playing more aggressive on the run they could have more success, hard to change the whole mentality of the best option you have to put there in a week though....

Cy Creek has some great athletes and they rely on it a bit too much in the games I've watched of theirs this year. WB sticks to their guns and plays clean ball they should win by 14. I agree though, don't spot 21 ever 

25 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

About to go to State and people still sitting behind a computer trying to tell a Coach how to run a program. 

I got a feeling you may end up getting your wish, hope BISD hires  another good one. However, the record does not indicate they will.

It's being observant.  People want the best for the kids, but these things did happen.  WB did spot 21 points and their run defense was Swiss cheese.  These things will need to be addressed for them to make a run to state.  No one is trying to tell him how to coach.  I'm sure the coach will agree if he was asked...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's being observant.  People want the best for the kids, but these things did happen.  WB did spot 21 points and their run defense was Swiss cheese.  These things will need to be addressed for them to make a run to state.  No one is trying to tell him how to coach.  I'm sure the coach will agree if he was asked...

Come on man, you have seen this. Every single week. When it's good, it is purely because of the kids. When it looks like they may lose, it's all on the coaches. And everybody wants best for the kids. 

35 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Come on man, you have seen this. Every single week. When it's good, it is purely because of the kids. When it looks like they may lose, it's all on the coaches. And everybody wants best for the kids. 

Well, that isn't just at WB and in Beaumont.  This happens everywhere...  It happens in Port Neches, Port Arthur, Silsbee, Nederland, ect...

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, that isn't just at WB and I'm Beaumont.  This happens everywhere...  It happens in Port Neches, Port Arthur, Silsbee, Nederland, ect...

The hate at WB is more alive than anywhere I have read this year. It started the day he was announced as Coach. I just want to know what that faction of people have against him? What could it be?

6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The hate at WB is more alive than anywhere I have read this year. It started the day he was announced as Coach. I just want to know what that faction of people have against him? What could it be?

Nope.  Dude, I follow United, Silsbee, and WB closely... I know for a fact its at those three.  I have close contacts at Nederland ,  PN-G and Nederland.  It comes with the territory in HS football.  Coaches will get blames, kids will get glorified...it just how it is...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nope.  Dude, I follow United, Silsbee, and WB closely... I know for a fact its at those three.  I have close contacts at Nederland ,  PN-G and Nederland.  It comes with the territory in HS football.  Coaches will get blames, kids will get glorified...it just how it is...

You arent wrong. When family is involved, it tends to be the coaches fault.... when people can be more objective, you tend to get a more realistic observation to any issue at hand

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

United- Fair for fans to be upset with Coaching. They were not very good and the HC hadn't coached in a decade. It wasn't a good hire, and easily ridiculed. 

I can read a Nederland game thread without having to see over and over how awful they coaches are.

It is indisputable fact part of the WB "fan base" didn't want Peevey to be hired.  I am just curious as to why, and why would being one game from State not chill that?

I think Peevey was a good hire, and the players love him. I'm not sure who everyone is talking about, but I think he's done a good job, as a whole. There have been some questionable coaching decisions, but that happens anywhere. No coach is perfect, and no team is perfect. However, if a person points out the lack of apparent gameplan, and the fact that the defense wasn't up to par, and had to play from behind the last two weeks, as an attack on the coaching staff. Well, that's your problem. The fact of the matter is this, the kids weren't ready to play, and found themselves in a 21 point hole to start out. However, they made the necessary adjustments, and were able to get the win. My point is if they enter this game with the same seemingly lackadaisical start, West Brook may not be able to come back. I would rather see them come out strong, and not have to play from behind. But, what do I know?

35 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I think Peevey was a good hire, and the players love him. I'm not sure who everyone is talking about, but I think he's done a good job, as a whole. There have been some questionable coaching decisions, but that happens anywhere. No coach is perfect, and no team is perfect. However, if a person points out the lack of apparent gameplan, and the fact that the defense wasn't up to par, and had to play from behind the last two weeks, as an attack on the coaching staff. Well, that's your problem. The fact of the matter is this, the kids weren't ready to play, and found themselves in a 21 point hole to start out. However, they made the necessary adjustments, and were able to get the win. My point is if they enter this game with the same seemingly lackadaisical start, West Brook may not be able to come back. I would rather see them come out strong, and not have to play from behind. But, what do I know?

Bro you just made me spit out my water... See if these sound familiar

"Bruins being outcoached, and out schemed"

"Bruins going to lose, coaching stinks"

"If we win, it will be sheer athletic ability, not coaching"

"Poor Coaching calls, and no points"

"Athletic ability, wasn't the coaching"

Granted, these were all when WB was trailing. You get a lot less vocal when they are winning.

I’m not sure who the blame for that run defense. I know the coaches have to look at the film and find out why it’s so easy to run to the left side. But what are the d lineman doing? They rarely make a tackle, tackle for loss, or sack 

They should skip school this and watch film all day to correct those errors lol 

and yes I’m joking before someone’s panties get twisted 

Say what you want, dude, but I stand by what I said. At that time, their coaching decisions did stink. The last two weeks, the kids have been totally unprepared to start the game. I give credit where credit is due, but i call it like I see it. Their game plan to start the last 2 games stunk, and subsequently fell behind. However, they made some decent in game adjustments, and were able to get the kids to rally back, and get the win. The things that I have said, are nothing different than other posters have said, i just say it with a little less tact. Whooptedoo. You dont like what I say, keep scrolling. Its that simple, Tiger2010.

The reason we spotted them 21....Like I said in an earlier post.....1. our warm up was serene, no intensity what so ever. That s partially on the coaches.  Tompkins was very intense.  2 other reasons......the access of information via internet. The players knew they were picked to win the game as well as this one coming up and the Nrg environment.  

Tompkins o line is big and are good and well we all know the defense is not wb s forte. It’s no secret look at the last several years.  I think innis Gaines was our last high profile div 1 defensive player and that was 4 years ago.  

19 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Say what you want, dude, but I stand by what I said. At that time, their coaching decisions did stink. The last two weeks, the kids have been totally unprepared to start the game. I give credit where credit is due, but i call it like I see it. Their game plan to start the last 2 games stunk, and subsequently fell behind. However, they made some decent in game adjustments, and were able to get the kids to rally back, and get the win. The things that I have said, are nothing different than other posters have said, i just say it with a little less tact. Whooptedoo. You dont like what I say, keep scrolling. Its that simple, Tiger2010.

I didn't say anything. Those are your words. So he has "done a good job" or "coaching stinks"..It's that simple.

9 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

I think the corner #6 Rawls and safety #1 Hawkins will play on Saturdays. Other than that I’m not sure 

Yes Rawls will but not of Gaines status.  He s already gotten looks at Tulane, Utah, and Lamar. More will come.  

When/who was the last time wb has had a d linemen or LB go to top 5 conference.

When ya'll say adjustments, I scratch my head because I didn't really see adjustments through the whole game on defense. Tompkins literally ran 30 plus plays by running the ball to the left side all game long. I'm not exaggerating either. It was crazy to see them run the same play over and over without any type of penetration, no corner blitz, LB blitz, etc. It was Tompkins blowing up WB D-line and driving them into the LB's and picking up 7-8 yards a carry. Atleast have your kids on D-line dive low and try to make a pile, twists, stunts, something. Nothing was working. They were subbing out D-linemen almost every play so I don't know if they have injuries or what. This was just an observation and maybe I didn't notice adjustments made, but didn't look like any were done.