Huntsville 35 Marshall 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

Huntsville defense did what it does. Big physical fast and puts a ton of pressure on the opposing offense. Marshall was loaded with talent and speed but Huntsville defense just keeps the pressure coming. You will see a lot of holding calls because their front 4 are absolutely nasty. Believe me they made a really really good QB for Marshall look average. Can't wait to check out the game next week. 

9 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Huntsville defense did what it does. Big physical fast and puts a ton of pressure on the opposing offense. Marshall was loaded with talent and speed but Huntsville defense just keeps the pressure coming. You will see a lot of holding calls because their front 4 are absolutely nasty. Believe me they made a really really good QB for Marshall look average. Can't wait to check out the game next week. 

They did that with RJ. Their defense is a beast. Reminds me of WOS chain gang. Gonna be a great game between them and FBM. As good as their D is I don't see them having enough stops against that offense. FBM defense is not too shabby either.

4 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

They did that with RJ. Their defense is a beast. Reminds me of WOS chain gang. Gonna be a great game between them and FBM. As good as their D is I don't see them having enough stops against that offense. FBM defense is not too shabby either.

I can't wait to check it out. I don't think they will need many stops because I really think they will move the ball easily on FB. PNG wasn't going to win Friday no matter what your coach did but I do believe they were not prepared for that game. FB defense didn't impress me as much as PNG unimpressed me. FB will have to overload the box or Huntsville will run it down their throat. And if they play man with those little corners Huntsville will pick up huge chunks. You should look at the talent the Marshall team they just beat had. Not much different than FB. They also held Manvel to 10 points a couple weeks ago and Manvel had put up 50+ on almost everyone including FB.

3 hours ago, bronco pride said:

I can't wait to check it out. I don't think they will need many stops because I really think they will move the ball easily on FB. PNG wasn't going to win Friday no matter what your coach did but I do believe they were not prepared for that game. FB defense didn't impress me as much as PNG unimpressed me. FB will have to overload the box or Huntsville will run it down their throat. And if they play man with those little corners Huntsville will pick up huge chunks. You should look at the talent the Marshall team they just beat had. Not much different than FB. They also held Manvel to 10 points a couple weeks ago and Manvel had put up 50+ on almost everyone including FB.

I agree we weren't going to beat them, but I had hope, but Manvel is the only team to put up those kind of points on them. They also won that game without Hornsby. But I always say that defense wins championships, so Huntsville could pull it out. After playing both teams, Huntsville seems to be the weaker, but we did play them early in the season. 

30 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I agree we weren't going to beat them, but I had hope, but Manvel is the only team to put up those kind of points on them. They also won that game without Hornsby. But I always say that defense wins championships, so Huntsville could pull it out. After playing both teams, Huntsville seems to be the weaker, but we did play them early in the season. 

Agreed about Malik at QB. The kid is great but Marshalls QB is no slouch and next year will be a top 10 dual threat in the state and he had several D1 receivers to throw too.  Really he had more weapons than FB QB. I just think Huntsville will put pressure on him he hasn't seen this year. When PNG rushed 3 he could have had a popcorn and drink before he had to make a decision. PNG just didn't have the talent on D to even make him sweat. I was pulling hard for PNG but FB was just to much and the Indians had a horrible game plan and a ton of missed tackles. I think FB can definitely put up points but just not at the clip their used to. Just hope it turns out to be the game I think it's going to be.