Beaumont West Brook 49 Katy Tompkins 45/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

So apparently the Tompkins running back thought they were gonna run some clock. That's why he froze up. After that they fumble.

Good win by the Bruins, but Tompkins kinda choked. Doesn't really matter, I guess. Take the win and work on that defense.

Survive and advance baby!!! Sometimes you have to be lucky.

Da Brook!!!!!!! Mam, these kids are something else. They are a resilient bunch. Down 21, I never thought they were out of this game. I kept telling my girl, they did this Lat week. She kept saying, " I can't watch no more!" She was sorry shed came. 

Then, she saw hope. She was screaming with all the other Beaumont fans. She couldn't believe these kids were actually back in the game. This team is special. I'm glad I've had the chance to witness this. I love the way they keep coming at their opponents. So real.

Tompkins was faced with a similar situation that WB was in last week. Clock management got to them. They needEd  that time out. Why did they stop passing the ball was beyond me. But, it was good for Brook and I was satisfied. I actually saw Brook coach working the refs at the end. That was refreshing.

Let's keep it going this week. Let's finish with the Championship.   Go Bruins

This was a whole team effort, beautiful to see.

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why is Thompson running the football instead of passing?

Number 3  was deadly on that slant play they ran. Lucky for Da Brook they didn't go to it enough. The QB missed it a few times, but not enough to stop running it at the end. They needEd that timeout they was forced to useable the end. It was perfect.

22 minutes ago, BigWolf10 said:

Da Brook!!!!!!! Mam, these kids are something else. They are a resilient bunch. Down 21, I never thought they were out of this game. I kept telling my girl, they did this Lat week. She kept saying, " I can't watch no more!" She was sorry shed came. 

Then, she saw hope. She was screaming with all the other Beaumont fans. She couldn't believe these kids were actually back in the game. This team is special. I'm glad I've had the chance to witness this. I love the way they keep coming at their opponents. So real.

Tompkins was faced with a similar situation that WB was in last week. Clock management got to them. They needEd  that time out. Why did they stop passing the ball was beyond me. But, it was good for Brook and I was satisfied. I actually saw Brook coach working the refs at the end. That was refreshing.

Let's keep it going this week. Let's finish with the Championship.   Go Bruins

This was a whole team effort, beautiful to see.

That's EXACTLY what I asked while listening to the game...

I was at the game, I don't think I could've taken another series of that game. Super stressful. I'm still scratching my head on Tompkins running every play left side through 3 or 5 hole for 300 yards. I didn't see any adjustments being made. With that said whoever said Tompkins wasn't any good is crazy. Their line whipped WB in the trenches, QB threw a pass about 60-65 yards in the air and the RB #24 was very good. They were sketchy on Defense, but WB playing calling made Thompson D better then what they were on defense.

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I was at the game, I don't think I could've taken another series of that game. Super stressful. I'm still scratching my head on Tompkins running every play left side through 3 or 5 hole for 300 yards. I didn't see any adjustments being made. With that said whoever said Tompkins wasn't any good is crazy. Their line whipped WB in the trenches, QB threw a pass about 60-65 yards in the air and the RB #24 was very good. They were sketchy on Defense, but WB playing calling made Thompson D better then what they were on defense.

Total domination in the trenches. My goodness 

Couldnt match up Athlete for Athlete however 

19 minutes ago, bobbymcgee said:

Good job, WB. When is last time they made it this far ?

Yes, 1997 was the las time. Chip Ambres was the QB, and we lost to Alief Hastings, in the Astrodome. If West Brook wins this game against Cypress Creek, and Brook is favored to win, it will mark only the 2nd time theyve madevit to the state semifinals. The only other time they made it this far, was the 1982 season, when they won the whole thing.

10 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Who is the DC? 

Is the problem the d line or play calling?

It baffled me how Tompkins constantly ran to the same side probably 35 or 40 times and got positive yards every time 

Yea, second week in a row. Evidently they're scouting da Brooks line. They need to tighten up and help this offense. Brook average 50 plus a game. With these athletes, they'll break 50 again. Enough to beat a lot of teams. But, c'mon D please!!