Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhatMack19

George H.W. Bush- Dead at 94

21 posts in this topic

RIP to a true class act.  As my pal Hagar often says, reminds me of the old S&G lyric, “where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.”  Regardless of how you viewed his politics, he and his bride brought great class and dignity to the White House.  One can only hope they are enjoying a reunion of epic proportions up above after their brief separation. 

Hagar, Tigers2010 and LumRaiderFan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great example of the class and dignity exhibited by GHWB, which no doubt was an impetus to a great friendship that enjoyed the rest of his days: 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bushs-note-to-clinton-in-january-1993-your-success-now-is-our-countrys-success-2018-12-01

I hope the American people and history will remember him fondly.  I know I will, and will do so today by enjoying one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands:

https://youtu.be/Sz9B3Eki0LI

LumRaiderFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife coordinated an event for him about 15 years ago in River Oaks. She's got a picture of them on her desk at work. While she didn't agree with his politics, she was in awe of his presence and charisma. One of the greatest American heroes. He gave so much for our country.

And no, he didn't grope her during the photo op.

Rest easy, Mr. President.

Tigers2010 and TxHoops like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

My wife coordinated an event for him about 15 years ago in River Oaks. She's got a picture of them on her desk at work. While she didn't agree with his politics, she was in awe of his presence and charisma. One of the greatest American heroes. He gave so much for our country.

And no, he didn't grope her during the photo op.

Rest easy, Mr. President.

In my best McConaughey voice, “it’d been a lot cooler if he did..”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad for me. He was the only President that I have ever met and got to chat with. Did it at the TPC golf course at The Woodlands. Cherished that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MY cousin worked in the garage of the building where the Houston Club is located.  They sent him to IAH airport to give a ride to then Congressman Bush.  This was way before Uber.  Cousin said he told some colorful jokes.

I saw President Bush up close, but I didn't get a chance to speak to him.   He was getting he DL renewed.  SS guys everywhere.  There is a parole office next door.  All those guys were getting off the bus and saw President Bush in his car.  They were waving and he was waving back.   I thought that was cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our last President from “The Greatest Generation”.  And that generational title is, if anything, understated.  We’ll not see their like again.

RIP President Bush.

Tigers2010 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, TxHoops said:

A great example of the class and dignity exhibited by GHWB, which no doubt was an impetus to a great friendship that enjoyed the rest of his days: 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bushs-note-to-clinton-in-january-1993-your-success-now-is-our-countrys-success-2018-12-01

I hope the American people and history will remember him fondly.  I know I will, and will do so today by enjoying one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands:

https://youtu.be/Sz9B3Eki0LI

Bush should have added a P.S. to the note...leave the interns alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Sad for me. He was the only President that I have ever met and got to chat with. Did it at the TPC golf course at The Woodlands. Cherished that day.

Hope your power didn't go out during the interview :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0