Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

Yesterday, Dec. 7th 2018 - a date which will live in infamy.  In Orange anyway.  

Tell you one thing, I was impressed with the Mustangs after the game.  When the teams lined up to shake hands they were downright warm about it!  It was more than just a perfunctory get-this-over-with thing.  And after a tough loss in very difficult circumstances.  Talk about sportsmanship.

Now, what do we do about Cuero or Navarro?  Given the Tigers proclivity for foul weather I wonder if we can arrange a blizzard or something?  Or maybe not, we're Tigers, not snow leopards.

16 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Yesterday, Dec. 7th 2018 - a date which will live in infamy.  In Orange anyway.  

Tell you one thing, I was impressed with the Mustangs after the game.  When the teams lined up to shake hands they were downright warm about it!  It was more than just a perfunctory get-this-over-with thing.  And after a tough loss in very difficult circumstances.  Talk about sportsmanship.

Now, what do we do about Cuero or Navarro?  Given the Tigers proclivity for foul weather I wonder if we can arrange a blizzard or something?  Or maybe not, we're Tigers, not snow leopards.

That was a big thing i noticed last night.  Given some of the past history between these two i was so happy to see it during and after the game.  These two played a hard fought game in horrible conditions and played it the way it should be played.  I could not be more proud of either team. 

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This game has the possibility of being one of the most talked about game for years to come..: except it’s going to be played in an empty stadium.

thats just wrong. 

As in most cases.... you were way off.

Game goes down as an all time experience in my book.

Stadium wasnt empty considering weather and it wont be forgotten by Silsbee fans.

Not by a long shot.

17 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

As in most cases.... you were way off.

Game goes down as an all time experience in my book.

Stadium wasnt empty considering weather and it wont be forgotten by Silsbee fans.

Not by a long shot.

WO-S side wasn't as any as Silsbee.  The Silsbee side of the parking lot was packed and there was a lot more people at the game than I expected that braved the driving conditions and elements.  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

WO-S side wasn't as any as Silsbee.  The Silsbee side of the parking lot was packed and there was a lot more people at the game than I expected that braved the driving conditions and elements.  

The community of Silsbee shows a lot more support than orange. Which is sad considering the success of the wos football program 

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

Newton will be the only team from the 409 playing at Jerrys World. 

Sounds like someone still butt hurt. But keep the comments coming because I’m sure this year‘s team turns that negativity into tackling fuel. We all know everyone thinks Jasper and WOS was the better team but doesn’t matter now because the Tigers are the only ones taking another bus ride. 

9 hours ago, Tiger05 said:

Sounds like someone still butt hurt. But keep the comments coming because I’m sure this year‘s team turns that negativity into tackling fuel. We all know everyone thinks Jasper and WOS was the better team but doesn’t matter now because the Tigers are the only ones taking another bus ride. 

I could care less about Jasper, WOS, or Silsbee. Not but hurt snowflake.  Just realistic. 

Final thoughts on this game, Congrats to Silsbee for getting it done. Congrats to WOS for a good season, tough start but great run to regional final. 

Played in good weather conditions the game may have had a different outcome. 

Doesnt look like the weather will be a factor in the upcoming game with Cuero. They are always tough, Tigers will need their A game. Go get that state championship, and bring it back to the 409.