Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If people knew how to act, this could've been a really good money maker for both schools. 

AAW, would WO-S and Silsbee split the proceeds?  Would UIL get the dough?  Confessions?  Would NCISD get that?  How does this work?

Schools split the gate. UIL gets their cut. Concessions go to the facility. Also, both schools share the rental fee.

7 hours ago, png9mon said:

Once again placing the team ahead of the fans, which, by the way is the reason that there is a team.  You know, parents, financial support, etc...  Very exciting for teams to play at new fancy facilities, very unfair for fans who cannot afford to travel there, at this already financially costly time of year. 

True fans travel & we are only talking like a little more than an hour away....(I have seen many people car pool no issue)

The State Game isn't played in SETX so I'm not sure what the issue is. The farther you go as a team, the farther you will travel.

Also playing local increases chance of a fight starting from people that are not Mustang or Tiger fans. 

My opinion I think Texan Drive Stadium is the better option.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'm not saying is bad to have 12 state champs. But didn't we play a hou team that hadn't won a game in years

Now that's a different animal with a lot of different opinions.4 teams going to the playoffs.For me it doesn't water it down because those teams that aren't that good usually lose in the first round but not always.And it is another warm up game for others.Now I'm against 4 team districts where you don't have to win any games and your in.Like the team your talking about went 0-10 and got in because of a 4 team district a couple of years ago.Should have at least 6 teams but there is a lot more to it than just making up the numbers,such as travel time and such.JMO

59 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Good catch apologizes yall put 28 on el campo I stand corrected. Stephenville put it on la marque that year. I told the people from el campo that silsbee was going to win I was living Wharton at the time 

La Marque beat Dayton the week before by 14 I think in the dome. Silsbee and La Marque was pretty much even but La Marque had some serious speed at LB. 

On the subject of split classifications. Let's face it: You're ducking a lot of good teams when you drop down to 4AD2. No Carthage, Argyle, Liberty Hill, La Vega, Melissa, Celina, etc. If anyone knows about getting sacrificed to Carthage on a regular basis in the playoffs, it's Silsbee fans lol. 4AD1 is loaded with good teams when you look at the playoff brackets. Wish the lower classes would combine.

Not sure it would work in 6A though. You'd have schools 3 times the size of some other schools playing each other.

In order to beat us at this point in the year, you have to be a serious threat to pass through the air. Not just a few passes but you HAVE to be able to legitimately throw us off balance. I most definitely don’t think Silsbee can do that to us. (I may be wrong) In all honesty , I think we win by 2tds+. I just don’t see that famous dive or stretch beating us.

9 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

In order to beat us at this point in the year, you have to be a serious threat to pass through the air. Not just a few passes but you HAVE to be able to legitimately throw us off balance. I most definitely don’t think Silsbee can do that to us. (I may be wrong) In all honesty , I think we win by 2tds+. I just don’t see that famous dive or stretch beating us.

Silsbee did throw for over 200 yards against Giddings. Just saying

13 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

After watching y’all Friday I do agree that Silsbee will need to pass, I’ve been telling everybody that Silsbee won’t run the ball at will against y’all. 

Not sure that I agree with you that Silsbee can’t pass on y’all though. Not saying they can either, but that’s something that we all should be looking for on Friday night

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee did throw for over 200 yards against Giddings. Just saying

Yes they did and how many TD's through the air? Stangs DB's should match up better than Giddings. All I saw from replays were big plays from Silsbee. But those big plays got the W. 

My prediction again is that 21 points will win this game. 21-7 Stangs

10 minutes ago, Magnus1on11 said:

Yes they did and how many TD's through the air? Stangs DB's should match up better than Giddings. All I saw from replays were big plays from Silsbee. But those big plays got the W. 

My prediction again is that 21 points will win this game. 21-7 Stangs

Yes the big plays are pretty much all you will see in highlights.  But there was some other mixed in.  Although not a lot when we didnt need it.  I just hope we see a good mix friday or whenever.