Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

The call on the DT return was a killer. Still rewatching it over and over, stopped it, slowed it, zoomed it  X50, even saw a bugger in a Gilmer players nose, still looking for a block in the back. WOS/Silsbee will be a toenail biter to the end. If you're on meds bring em  if you use Depends pack em. Too close for a prediction even from me. I know these are both different teams than folks saw early in the season and the survivor will represent well. Kind of has that '82 WestBrook feel to it if you go back that far

15 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Most of the ones that want him out are probably the same ones that couldn't hack it. Does anyone remember the 96 season (c/o 1997)? We could've put out lamarq that year if half the team didn't quit

Your wrong - half the team didnt quit, rather it was 8 senior starters were kicked off the team for missing practice/insubordination. And as crazy as it may sound, it actually made us better. At WO-S no one person is bigger then the team . . . held true when i played back in 1996 to 1998 and it will remain a staple as long as Cornel is there. My senior yr in 98' was the time Silsbee beat us in the playoffs, and they should have - because all week we were running plays to get ready for the LaMarque Cougars in the 3rd Round instead of practicing for the Silsbee Tigers that friday in the 1st rd.

No one expected Silsbee nor WOS to be this far after both finishing with matching 6-4 records to end the season but here they are with the stakes being the highest they have ever been in a matchup. Give me WOS everyday of the week and twice on friday night  . . .  24-22

On 12/1/2018 at 11:55 PM, LC-M said:

Really wish this game could be played at PNG.

Have you been to Texan Drive Stadium?

PNG is local but to me that is the only benefit & I think the opportunity for a fight has decreased with the decision.

Texan Drive Stadium provides a better Videoboard, Sound System, Facility, Hospitality, Parking, etc...

When teams keep on advancing so should the facilities & Texan Drive Stadium is just the better one.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You can tell me on Friday.

That might be true & WOS has a chance to win the game but it will not be given to them.

Do you mind answering a few questions:

Did you go watch the last match-up between Silsbee & WOS?

After watching that game did you feel that WOS owned Silsbee?

Tell me how is it that BC gets all those extra weeks as a full team on the hardwood & still can't compete against Silsbee?

1 hour ago, Tiger05 said:

PNG is local but to me that is the only benefit & I think the opportunity for a fight has decreased with the decision.

Texan Drive Stadium provides a better Videoboard, Sound System, Facility, Hospitality, Parking, etc...

When teams keep on advancing so should the facilities & Texan Drive Stadium is just the better one.

Once again placing the team ahead of the fans, which, by the way is the reason that there is a team.  You know, parents, financial support, etc...  Very exciting for teams to play at new fancy facilities, very unfair for fans who cannot afford to travel there, at this already financially costly time of year. 

12 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Once again placing the team ahead of the fans, which, by the way is the reason that there is a team.  You know, parents, financial support, etc...  Very exciting for teams to play at new fancy facilities, very unfair for fans who cannot afford to travel there, at this already financially costly time of year. 

People/Fans  get to where they want to get to 

1 hour ago, Magnus1on11 said:

Man lets talk football.. 

Key players for WOS that could make a difference vs Silsbee key players that could make a difference?

If WOS wins what do y'all think the game changer will be? 

If Silsbee wins what do y'all think the game changer would be?

That's easy. First if silsbee is able to get a couple easy scores early. And keep it close where they dont have to abandon the run.bcz everyone knows they pretty much run 2 routes and they want have alot of time to throw deep consistency. There running game is so key like the first game.it kept defense off the field and from been tired in the 4th qtr.and its simple on the other side.with Wilson back.its just been average with there passing game.to keep them from loading the box.bcz cooper and eli are running the ball well.and the adjustments on the dline has been getting better every week.and if that continues w.o should win 28-13.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea not bad for a rebuilding year

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

Again -- good coaching!!

I remember the fans ripping the coaches during the preseason which didn't make sense to me. I think their was something about he needed to decide on a QB and I was like isn't that what preseason is for.

33 minutes ago, dj said:

That's easy. First if silsbee is able to get a couple easy scores early. And keep it close where they dont have to abandon the run.bcz everyone knows they pretty much run 2 routes and they want have alot of time to throw deep consistency. There running game is so key like the first game.it kept defense off the field and from been tired in the 4th qtr.and its simple on the other side.with Wilson back.its just been average with there passing game.to keep them from loading the box.bcz cooper and eli are running the ball well.and the adjustments on the dline has been getting better every week.and if that continues w.o should win 28-13.

Lol.  Giddings thought we run two routs.  I seen several Friday, but keep thinking you know.  Lol

35 minutes ago, dj said:

And don't disrespect us like that.  Giddings was better than your two last playoff opponents...  You won't be winning by two scores....

2 hours ago, Tiger05 said:

Yes I’ve been there several times.