Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

7 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Heavy rains and thunderstorms with lightning starting around 6:00pm at kickoff in that area. PLEASE take care driving and wish they would postpone this game as well. Use common sense and think safety for all and both sides.

Senseless to not have done it.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Against the power of whoever is calling these shots, Mother Nature about to overrule somebody. What a bunch of idiots.

Pray that none of those buses (football, band, drill team, cheerleaders) have nothing go wrong. 

The game aside...my hope is that everyone makes the journey there and back safely.

4 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

The game aside...my hope is that everyone make the journey there and back safely.

What is bad is people are going to drive all the way out there, to be delayed, delayed, and postponed until tomorrow. Idk who gets the final say, that is a question for the Mods, but they really screwed the pooch on this one.

8 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

What is bad is people are going to drive all the way out there, to be delayed, delayed, and postponed until tomorrow. Idk who gets the final say, that is a question for the Mods, but they really screwed the pooch on this one.

LaQuinta New Caney $76.50

Best Western $84

Just saying in case you want to get a room. Within eyesight of the stadium.

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You can pass in the rain, probably not the long ball,  it short and intermediate routs will be there.  Silsbee has some sure handed receivers and a pretty accurate QB.  That will be the difference.  By now, I'm sold on the Silsbee defense, so I trust then to slow the 'Stang offense down and hold them to significant numbers UNDER their average...

Being able to pass when it's being successfully set up by the run is one thing. Having to pass to move the chains because your ground game is not working is quite a different deal. I believe you and I discussed this very thing at one point earlier this year. Can this QB be effective enough throwing the ball, when the defense knows he's going to throw the ball? Can he carry his team with his arm when the run game isn't there? I didn't think he looked like he would be able to do that earlier in the year. I have not seen him in a while, he may have improved. But, I think this will be the big difference in this game. Can he move the sticks when he doesn't have the run to support him? We're going to see, here, shortly. I DO think he's going to have to have a big night through the air to win. Is he ready?

10 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Where are all the people who have insight or know people from coaching staff or school admins. What went into this decision to keep the game on Friday night? Someone in the know have any insights? Perhaps just let their poor choice and bad decision speak for themselves.

I did see one explanation, that said if the game wasnt played by tomorrow that we would mot be able to continue in the playoffs. And scheduling it on saturday left no leeway since rain was forecast then as well.  But i have seen many forecast showing rain ending at least by midday tomorrow, most earlier.

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

LaQuinta New Caney $76.50

Best Western $84

Just saying in case you want to get a room. Within eyesight of the stadium.

I'm staying at LaQuinta across the street for free.

If it starts raining any harder I may just sit here in room, order a pizza, drink beer and listen to Tim broadcast the game.

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This season marks the 20th anniversary of when Silsbee defeated WO-S in the playoffs. Tigers won 21-20 over then #2 state ranked Mustangs. Game was played in a rain storm. Just saying.

Well, this go around WOS isn’t ranked #2, not undefeated, it isn’t the first round of the playoffs and Silsbee wasn’t held to -17 yards in the first matchup.

Looking forward to a good game!