Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

5 hours ago, Magnus1on11 said:

That's true.. Seem the stangs defense has made some good adjustments. Silsbee will prob have a similar game plan as the first time. Also with the weather they might have to ground and pound it anyways.. All I was saying was from the highlights I saw passing game was the big difference in the Giddings game.

Ran really well on Giddings too...

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Wrong....jasper would not beat PNG, Newton, or Nederland. 

That was just playoffs. At the end of the day. It's not how ur playing in Aug, sept,oct,nov.but how ur playing in December. To be honest I would be alot more worried abt this game if we would have the same personal on the field. And I'll be the first to admit that jasper,and the silsbee game has made them do some adjustments. That's gud coaching.a few of them seniors has stepped there game up.one game at a time bcz it only gets harder.

13 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Just to be fair they went toe to toe with us and that was any ones ball game.Coach called to go for it on 4th down at about mid field and were stoped.WOS was able to get in field goal range with the short field and made it.I look for the same type of game come Friday and hopefully the same out come.

And didn't WOS return the opening kickoff for a TD also?

Sounds like it was a game of 2 evenly matched teams the first time that was decided by Special Teams.

No reason why the rematch will be any different IMO.

9 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

To be that absolute is nuts.  Depends on when they played during the season and the teams overall health.  Jasper was a dang good team with and without Hunt and Co.  I wouldn’t discredit their chances against Nederland or PNG.  

If it depends on when everyone plays each other that means Silsbee is better than Jasper right now.

In the final THSCA coaches poll was pretty accurate predictor of post season success. 

Region I has No. 1 Glen Rose vs. No. 7 Iowa Park

Region II has No. 1 Pleasant Grove vs. No. 3 Pittsburg

Region III has No. 3 WOS vs. No. 6 Silsbee

Region iV has No.1  Cuero vs. No. 3 Navarro

3 of the 4 no. 1's are still with us.  You could hardly call the win by No. 3 WOS over No. 1 Jasper an upset.  This No. 3 is the most experienced playoff team in the state at any level.

55 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

At any level uh? Oh my bad I forgot refugio (2a), newton(3a), carthage (4a), highland park (5a), allen, judson, lake Travis (6a) and a few other schools don't count.

The senior players on the WOS football team have no memory of not making it to the championship game.  How can you beat that?  It's impossible for any other players in the state of Texas to have played more postseason games than a four year varsity player at WOS.

It's likely this streak will come to an end in 2018.  I hope it comes to an end Friday.  But it is still quite something if you ask me.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

In the final THSCA coaches poll was pretty accurate predictor of post season success. 

Region I has No. 1 Glen Rose vs. No. 7 Iowa Park

Region II has No. 1 Pleasant Grove vs. No. 3 Pittsburg

Region III has No. 3 WOS vs. No. 6 Silsbee

Region iV has No.1  Cuero vs. No. 3 Navarro

3 of the 4 no. 1's are still with us.  You could hardly call the win by No. 3 WOS over No. 1 Jasper an upset.  This No. 3 is the most experienced playoff team in the state at any level.

Only team in the State to play for the last 3 State Championships right?

6 minutes ago, studd88 said:

last 4 I believe

Yes, WOS has played for 4 in a row. But, nobody else has even played for 3. That was what was being discussed.

The Senior's at WOS have been a part of a State Championship Game run all 3 years they have been in high school, up to this point (looking for #4).

5 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

And didn't WOS return the opening kickoff for a TD also?

Sounds like it was a game of 2 evenly matched teams the first time that was decided by Special Teams.

No reason why the rematch will be any different IMO.

Not to mention we had another KR called back too. Don’t forget that ;)

4 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Heard they were going to make a decision Thursday if they move it to Saturday. 

Yes i saw an SISD post stating that. They have waited too long and backed themselves in a corner.  Too late to play tomorrow and if these showers hit and stall could be bad saturday.   I still feel like most everyone else that they should go ahead and move it to saturday with the forecast we have at this time.