Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

8 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Clearly this would be a huge win for Silsbee, arguably the biggest ever.  But what about WOS? 

Obviously it couldn't be the biggest, not for a 4 time State Championship School.  But how big is it? 

To me the 86 and 87 wins were the biggest because they came against the very best in Div 4A.  2015 and 2016 were huge of course, especially when combined with the 4 straight appearances.   But WOS didn't beat the BEST 4A teams on the way to the championships.  I think both Carthage and La Vega would beaten the Mustangs in those years.  And probably Argyle in 2015.  From what I've seen so far this year in watching Silsbee's run, Div II isn't quite as tough as Div I, which stands to reason.  But that's neither here nor there.  The bottom line is that the WOS program is arguably the strongest in the state for the last 40 years all things considered.

And where does that put us?  Well, the WOS faithful can (and do) say, "We beat you guys practically every time we meet in the regular season and preseason."

But Tiger folks can rebut, "So what?  We get beat regularly by a certain 3A team (that shall remain nameless).  Big deal,  none of that ever keeps us from making the playoffs.  And you guys have never sent us home in the post season.  We, on the other hand, HAVE sent you home. And that more than trumps all those less important games."

So, can a win on Friday be just another Forest Gump type moment for the Mustangs?  "So we went to the playoffs... again.  And we won our quarterfinal game.... again."

I wonder.

Not "beating the best" 4A teams, is very subjective. Also, the UIL decided the new classifications, not WOS. lol

6 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Actually, we were a team full of Sophomores and Juniors.... If we would have beat Waller, we would have played LaMarque the following week. We were seriously overachieving making it that far to be honest. 

Nah Kicker we had another game vs Friendswood in the 3rd Rd before LaMarque  our sophomore yr in 96. We overlooked Silsbee our senior year because when we played them earlier in the season & limited them to -17 total yards and one first down. That still has to some kind of record . . .

22 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

And you guys have never sent us home in the post season.  We, on the other hand, HAVE sent you home. And that more than trumps all those less important games."

So, can a win on Friday be just another Forest Gump type moment for the Mustangs?  "So we went to the playoffs... again.  And we won our quarterfinal game.... again."

I wonder.

This is what makes it not just another quarterfinal game...oh,and it's Silsbee.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Since the split to multiple divisions the playoffs are watered down. 10 yrs ago going this deep was as far it got. With all American and future hall of fame players.

I disagree.Puts schools playing teams with closer enrollments and that is not watering down...that's just being fair.Just MO.

34 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Not "beating the best" 4A teams, is very subjective. Also, the UIL decided the new classifications, not WOS. lol

Bring back the one division win or lose it's TRUE  closure.I have no problem with that. I remember when wos lost to the tigers in the playoffs. They made it all they way to la marque which skull drugg silsbee 49 to 28 or something like that. I did see them play el campo the game before that in the Astrodome (the greatest stadium in the world) they ran all over the ricebrids that day.

38 minutes ago, bzy said:

Nah Kicker we had another game vs Friendswood in the 3rd Rd before LaMarque  our sophomore yr in 96. We overlooked Silsbee our senior year because when we played them earlier in the season & limited them to -17 total yards and one first down. That still has to some kind of record . . .

Thats right! That season we would have matched with LaMarque in the 4th round, not the 3rd like our next season. Yeah, we destroyed the Tigers in pre district in '98.

All this talk of previous wins against us or our playoff win vs you mean virtually nothing.  The only thing that it gives is the “they can’t beat us” or “we can’t get past them” mystique.  You can even throw out that game a few weeks ago.  These are both 2 different teams now.  I have questions still in my head for both sides not only pertaining to this game but anymore that the winner will play.  Naturally I want to see my Tigers win but I really want a good clean game with no injuries so that the winner will be in good shape for the next week.

21 hours ago, MrUmp1 said:

Of all collisions that occur in the United States, approximately 52% occur within a 5-mile radius of home while an astounding 69% occur within 10 miles. Another survey by Progressive Insurance corroborates these numbers.

Look what I seen on the news today. 

This is the hidden content, please

59 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Bring back the one division win or lose it's TRUE  closure.I have no problem with that. I remember when wos lost to the tigers in the playoffs. They made it all they way to la marque which skull drugg silsbee 49 to 28 or something like that. I did see them play el campo the game before that in the Astrodome (the greatest stadium in the world) they ran all over the ricebrids that day.

Not even close on the Silsbee/La Marque score. Silsbee was going for a field goal late in the game for the lead but La Marque blocked it and ran it back for the game deciding TD. Final score was 21-12. Far from that skull dragging you mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Your point? This could happen between Beaumont and Silsbee, or between orange and Beaumont as well. 

That’s true. But if you had a child on board it’s alot faster to drive to Bmt then a hour a away to check on them. Because I’m sure most family’s don’t follow the bus. Closer you are it’s faster to respond to your child is my point

7 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

The game is in southeast Texas.  New Caney is about as southeast Texas as it gets.

I'm referring to SETX, as in like the vacinity of where I live. Ignorant, yes. If looking at a map, I could identify where SETX would be considered. But for this discussion, SETX is like uhh Kirbyville, to PA, to East Chambers, to the Kountze area. Moving clockwise

34 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Not even close on the Silsbee/La Marque score. Silsbee was going for a field goal late in the game for the lead but La Marque blocked it and ran it back for the game deciding TD. Final score was 21-12. Far from that skull dragging you mentioned. 

Good catch apologizes yall put 28 on el campo I stand corrected. Stephenville put it on la marque that year. I told the people from el campo that silsbee was going to win I was living Wharton at the time 

45 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I get it. I would go to the game if it was here in SETX. But, I don't want to drive that far. Plus, I would have to scrounge up some gas money.

That's why the two coaches agreed to play in Porter. All they want is Silsbee and WO-S fans there. It's those "extra" fans that attend to just cause trouble when it's convenient for them to attend.