Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

My my....i dont make predictions for the most part and wont here.  But we Tiger fans and Mustang fans as well as others sure have been proven wrong from our early season opinions.  Both teams have reached the pinnacle of where they can both reach and one will go on.  After hearing things such as a wos 1st or 2nd round loss, from its own fans none the less.  And hearing the same or worse about the Tigers, myself included.  Both teams seem to be peaking so lets go out and have a nice clean game.

Jasper scored 34 against WO-S the first game they played... Silsbee scored 21. The WO-S defense has stepped up. Silsbee hasn't reached a Semifinal since 1977, WO-S is aiming for their 5th consecutive Semi. Statewide attention will be a factor here and WO-S has been there done that a dozen times plus. Silsbee hasn't. This will be the biggest game in Silsbee football history in the past 40+ years while it will be business as usual for WO-S. The only thing I worry about is WO-S having a let down after such a huge win over Jasper. No prediction on this end.

4 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Jasper scored 34 against WO-S the first game they played... Silsbee scored 21. The WO-S defense has stepped up. Silsbee hasn't reached a Semifinal since 1977, WO-S is aiming for their 5th consecutive Semi. This will be the biggest game in Silsbee football history in the past 40+ years while it will be business as usual for WO-S. The only thing I worry about is WO-S having a let down after such a huge win over Jasper. No prediction on this end.

Hey stat man ...8 region finals in a row,record or nah?

6 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Hey stat man ...8 region finals in a row,record or nah?

Nope... LaMarque made 9 in a row 1992-2000... WO-S beat them in the 2000 Quarters to essentially end that dynasty, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Converse Judson did more than that but they were playing in a weak Region 4 with South Texas during that time.

I believed silsbee was the most talented team in the district going into district play and not sure I was wrong.  Question is will silsbee get over the hump.  I don’t ever worry about the Mustangs’ mindset going into a big game because there is simply no one better than Cornel at getting his teams ready to play.  The question for me  (and one that will be answered) is whether the Tigers ca step and finally make enough plays to get over the Mustang hump.   My only prediction is that this one will be worth the drive for all that make it. 

10 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Jasper scored 34 against WO-S the first game they played... Silsbee scored 21. The WO-S defense has stepped up. Silsbee hasn't reached a Semifinal since 1977, WO-S is aiming for their 5th consecutive Semi. Statewide attention will be a factor here and WO-S has been there done that a dozen times plus. Silsbee hasn't. This will be the biggest game in Silsbee football history in the past 40+ years while it will be business as usual for WO-S. The only thing I worry about is WO-S having a let down after such a huge win over Jasper. No prediction on this end.

You are wrong on one point, this will be our biggest game since 2015 when we lost 56-40 to Carthage in the regional finals.  

14 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Oh and Wos defense hasnt been the only thing to improve, remember that was when we were still finding our qb.  He and our running game have improved as well.  It will be interesting to see how he handles this one.

4 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Well you do have a winning record against WO-S in the playoffs (1-0) with that 1998 win. You also have only beaten WO-S once in the past 20 years (14-7 in 2009.) Good luck next week.

I know those well.  I wont make a prediction just hope its as good as the first one,  unless the Tigers can keep shocking everyone and get another “surprise” margin like tonight.  Good luck to you as well.

1 hour ago, rohebert said:

Both teams learned a lot from playing each other earlier this year,  progressed and have gotten better. If Silsbee plays smart and cleans up some costly dumb penalties, they have a great shot with how their defense is playing. WOS has tightened up on their defense it seems, but Silsbee can score some points playing the way they have been. It will be a fun and exciting game to watch and whoever wins deserves it because they wanted it more!  GO TIGERS! 

Silsbee is no match for WOS defense. Coach Hickman wont let that happen. Stop the run and you beat Silsbee. Defense wins championships. Newton and WOS has proven that. Silsbee best stick to basketball. There will be NO State ring in football at least not this year. 

56 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Well you do have a winning record against WO-S in the playoffs (1-0) with that 1998 win. You also have only beaten WO-S once in the past 20 years (13-7 in 2009). Good luck next week.

U had to bring that up. We had alot of talent that year. All state players, highly ranked, I even believe undefeated thru reg season. But they got cocky. Thought silsbee was a cakewalk. I hated that game.