Silsbee Vs Dallas Bishop Lynch

Who That

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

You don’t think Hutch can beat Carter?

None of those team will beat Silsbee lol.. Dontbecome a prisoner of the moment TxHoops ,they solid but they might not beat Argyle in a matchup gotta let it play all the way out . Duncanville is a showcase team history says Peavy isn’t coaching to win state but to get players to the next level I’m all for it he can win but i dont think that’s his main concern winning a title I could be wrong.

29 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

None of those team will beat Silsbee lol.. Dontbecome a prisoner of the moment TxHoops ,they solid but they might not beat Argyle in a matchup gotta let it play all the way out . Duncanville is a showcase team history says Peavy isn’t coaching to win state but to get players to the next level I’m all for it he can win but i dont think that’s his main concern winning a title I could be wrong.

Oh I’m not saying they will beat silsbee.  I told my Dallas people last year before Midlothian played Memorial they hadn’t seen the toughness they were about to see.  And I will take silsbee against any 4A team.  But it won’t be easy and I think they will face a better team than they have the last 3 years from region 2.  

As far as D’ville goes, I don’t know yet where they will end up.   But Ramsey is the best player in the state not named Maxey imo and Micah Peavy gives them a better one two punch than even South Garland.  I’m just saying they are talented enough to reach SA (obviously) on the 6A and WH just beat them.  

And Argyle is now in region 1.   Their path got much easier in the new realignment.  Tbh, they are the type of team that could give Silsbee the most trouble. 3 Regardless, 4A state this year should have at least 3 teams capable of winning it all. 

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Oh I’m not saying they will beat silsbee.  I told my Dallas people last year before Midlothian played Memorial they hadn’t seen the toughness they were about to see.  And I will take silsbee against any 4A team.  But it won’t be easy and I think they will face a better team than they have the last 3 years from region 2.  

As far as D’ville goes, I don’t know yet where they will end up.   But Ramsey is the best player in the state not named Maxey imo and Micah Peavy gives them a better one two punch than even South Garland.  I’m just saying they are talented enough to reach SA (obviously) on the 6A and WH just beat them.  

And Argyle is now in region 1.   Their path got much easier in the new realignment.  Tbh, they are the type of team that could give Silsbee the most trouble. 3 Regardless, 4A state this year should have at least 3 teams capable of winning it all. 

Anybody can be beat . Silsbee just have to stay the course no matter what’s our record come March any team that hits the floor with us don’t want to see that team. I’m a die hard tigers fan and have a son playing that’s a key part of the team I tell him all the time don’t worry about the record we will be just fine play the game the way it’s suppose to be played. We as Tigers fans should embrace this team and watch them get better every game remember it’s not the start it’s the finish and you wanna be number 1 the second weekend of March that Saturday night about 9 p.m. 

49 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

. Let basketball take care of itself. No need them players reading about basketball when they are focused on football. Hopefully it’s another three weeks before they start bouncing balls. 

Silsbee's biggest obstacle is size and length.  You're not gonna beat them in anything else.  I just dint see any players coming from the gridiron that will give extra length or size.  Yea, you're gonna get some grit and toughness.  I just think the group that you're seeing now will be your main guys.  I know they'll put Martin in to bang down low, but he's just 6'1".  And I know Cartwright, Sells, and White will get P.T., but I was looking for one more kid that makes them taller and longer...

17 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Lol must be a football fan

You dang right. As long as Silsbee is playing football, it’s football first. I don’t ever give the feeling we need them on the court more than we need them on the field until football is over. There ain’t nothing going on in basketball right now that needs their attention. Now, after football is over then I’ll be a basketball fan. A football fan, are you not?

7 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You dang right. As long as Silsbee is playing football, it’s football first. I don’t ever give the feeling we need them on the court more than we need them on the field until football is over. There ain’t nothing going on in basketball right now that needs their attention. Now, after football is over then I’ll be a basketball fan. A football fan, are you not?

Actually I hope they do good but I’m not telling someone what they can or can’t say or giving my opinion on it where do the state titles come from sure in the hell not football and people like you can’t stand it 

24 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Why even be on this post lol

I'm sure everyone in Silsbee wants the football team to win the last game they play.  They EXPECT the basketball team to win the last game they play.  I get both sides of it (don't focus on basketball yet) but the ones that are playing right now focus on it year round.  And it's been beyond fun to talk about this team for the past several years. 

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm sure everyone in Silsbee wants the football team to win the last game they play.  They EXPECT the basketball team to win the last game they play.  I get both sides of it (don't focus on basketball yet) but the ones that are playing right now focus on it year round.  And it's been beyond fun to talk about this team for the past several years. 

That is probably the most accurate statement that has been made.  I have always enjoyed watching basketball more because of the pace we play at, however these last few football games have been quite fun.  These guys are playing with great enthusiasm and effort right now.  I also know that both of the main two in the above conversation are parents of players in the 2 sports so i know they have a little stronger opinion based on their respective sports.  I cant wait to see the basketball team at full strength but definitely do t want the football team to fall short of their goal either and i know their bball teammates and fans dont either.

I remember when Silsbee did have size.

They had three 6`6 kids on a team one year, if I remember correctly. Didn't get a ring. Think they lost to HJ to go to state, but my memory is fuzzy on this. Had one 6`10 for a while that they didn't do much with. No ring.

So long as they stay in 4A they'll be big enough with what they have.

Next year is what will be interesting.

2 hours ago, kingjames said:

Actually I hope they do good but I’m not telling someone what they can or can’t say or giving my opinion on it where do the state titles come from sure in the hell not football and people like you can’t stand it 

I'm with @STiger85 .  The basketball team is fine right now.  And the football boys are doing great.  I'm rooting for both as we know the basketball team will be fine.  Everyone knows that.  The football boys have a good chance to win a title.  Don't short change them because your basketball first...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm with @STiger85 .  The basketball team is fine right now.  And the football boys are doing great.  I'm rooting for both as we know the basketball team will be fine.  Everyone knows that.  The football boys have a good chance to win a title.  Don't short change them because your basketball first...

Never said I’m rooting for just the boys basketball but he came onto a basketball thread telling someone what they should be doing he could have kept that

33 minutes ago, ST413 said:

That is probably the most accurate statement that has been made.  I have always enjoyed watching basketball more because of the pace we play at, however these last few football games have been quite fun.  These guys are playing with great enthusiasm and effort right now.  I also know that both of the main two in the above conversation are parents of players in the 2 sports so i know they have a little stronger opinion based on their respective sports.  I cant wait to see the basketball team at full strength but definitely do t want the football team to fall short of their goal either and i know their bball teammates and fans dont either.

Great post...

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Question. If Silsbee football makes it to state championship game, should basketball reschedule their district game with WO-S?

Why would that need to be done?  The district games need to be played.  I think they'll have to play it like it is.  Don't think you reschedule district games unless something unforseen happens like natural disaster or something.  Have a district basketball game ever been rescheduled?