Championship Week

PhatMack19

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Who wins the Heisman?

Kyler, Tua, Haskins?

Was Tua’s to lose going into today.   Question is whether he did.  Kyler has been a big enough d bag over the past week that you would think he would have hurt his chances.  But the voters typically don’t care about d-baggery as evidence by last year’s winner and even Manziel.  Obviously Haskins made the best late case today.  If I’m voting, it would still be Tua for me because it’s an award for the season.  But we shall see.  Who would have yours?

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Hmmm.  A punch to the gut or a punch to the jewels.  I will figure out which is the jewels and get back to you.  

I would think a higher payout, more prestige, and a much tougher opponent would benefit us during NSD2 as well. Yeah, UGA will probably curb stomp us but that doesn't matter to me as much as the benefit of us being in a NY 6 game again. We might get us a good un because of it.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

This needs to happen 

If we had 8 teams we would be looking possibly the following 

1st round 
#8 Michigan @ #1 Bama
#5 Georgia @ #4 Oklahoma 

#7 UCF @ #2 Clemson 
#6 Ohio State @ # 3 Notre Dame

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Other option which I think the conferences would prefer, would be 5 power 5 conference champs & 3 at large.  

So basically the same as above but add Washington and drop Michigan 

Couldn’t agree more.  I can take either scenario (Washington or Michigan).  Have a proviso that you have to let an undefeated MM in if that occurs.  Either way, just like the bubble teams in March, it’s fun to argue but a lot less relevant. 

Plus the committee is terrible.  I would have had no problem with UGA at #4 because let’s face it, they probably are the 2nd or 3rd best team.  But if you aren’t going to do that, how does OU jump them but tOSU does not?  You either drop them past the power 5, one loss conference champions or you don’t.  No way anyone can say with any authority that OU is better than the Buckeyes or vice versa.  You had to pick one.  But placing UGA in the middle of them implies OU is CLEARLY better than tOSU. 

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Plus the committee is terrible.  I would have had no problem with UGA at #4 because let’s face it, they probably are the 2nd or 3rd best team.  But if you aren’t going to do that, how does OU jump them but tOSU does not?  You either drop them past the power 5, one loss conference champions or you don’t.  No way anyone can say with any authority that OU is better than the Buckeyes or vice versa.  You had to pick one.  But placing UGA in the middle of them implies OU is CLEARLY better than tOSU. 

I agree, I think the committee didn’t want to open a can of worms, with leaving two conference champs out and putting a two lost Georgia team in. Imo I think it was the right choice, we all sit here and talk about morale victories well, last night was a morale victory for Georgia , even though they probably were the better team they still lost, and that’s really all that matters, i for one think the committee got it right this time. 

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Couldn’t agree more.  I can take either scenario (Washington or Michigan).  Have a proviso that you have to let an undefeated MM in if that occurs.  Either way, just like the bubble teams in March, it’s fun to argue but a lot less relevant. 

One issue with giving the Power 5 autobids

If mass chaos would have happened yesterday we could be stuck with multiple 4 loss and even 5 loss Pitt in the playoff. NO one wants to see that