Bulldog/YMBL Classic/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Jealousy?  Not at all.  I simply am taking the wait and see approach.  I was told a while ago that it was like watching Colton Wiesbrod all over again.  Huge shoes to fill.  I'm just waiting to see it.  I was told one of the best prospects in the nation for the class.  I'm just waiting to see it, that's all.  But jealous is definitely not the word at all...

If a kid can play he just can play and Hefner definitely can play!! Everybody’s not gonna like your game and that’s ok but on a high school level the kid can play and will only get better and in this area I think it’s only a few that thinks he can’t play against hundreds that day he can!!

4 minutes ago, kingjames said:

If a kid can play he just can play and Hefner definitely can play!! Everybody’s not gonna like your game and that’s ok but on a high school level the kid can play and will only get better and in this area I think it’s only a few that thinks he can’t play against hundreds that day he can!!

I never said he couldn't play. I just expected more.  Maybe it's premature right now. He has the rest of this year and next year.  I can't wait to see it...

24 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Hell what do we know I guess the coaches at Rice,Texas A &M,Oklahoma,Houston,Tulane & Lamar need your verification because you expect more ..FOH!!!!!!

Add Jamie Dixon and TCU to that list.   That guy can coach a little.  I’m not sure if that’s official yet but it’s coming.  

16 hours ago, Mamba said:

whoaaaaaa now that’s too much disrespect I think Coach English is a very good coach but don’t discredit Coach Boutte because you feel he’s had and easier ride. I can tell you Coach English has NEVER had to deal with the type of kids Coach Boutte has had over the past 25 years. It looks good from the outside in but unless you know you can’t speak because sometimes it goes beyond basketball at these urban schools. That’s neither here or there they both get the job done both deserve the upmost respect...

Very good post and that goes for all sports as well as the teachers and staff. Totally agree with this. 

Are we really comparing Hefner vs Weisbrod?? Is that because of the skin color or what? LOL that's a slap in the face to Hefner as far as I'm concerned. To me, he's up there with the likes of J'Covan Brown as far as guards. One of the greatest guards to ever lace them up in SETX. He's pushing 6'5...his head almost comes even with the rim, he can shoot, he can finish with either hand at an elite level, he's very basketball smart and he can handle the rock. He's also VERY coach-able and has leadership qualities...and thats something Brown didn't have. Sometimes he's too Unselfish. Again, Nothing on Weisbrod but that man didn't even have that skill set 4 years into his career at Lamar. He was an undersized post player. After the small sample size this kid has given us this year, there should be zero hatred on him, he's taking over every big game as a Junior.

6 hours ago, 2020VISION said:

Are we really comparing Hefner vs Weisbrod?? Is that because of the skin color or what? LOL that's a slap in the face to Hefner as far as I'm concerned. To me, he's up there with the likes of J'Covan Brown as far as guards. One of the greatest guards to ever lace them up in SETX. He's pushing 6'5...his head almost comes even with the rim, he can shoot, he can finish with either hand at an elite level, he's very basketball smart and he can handle the rock. He's also VERY coach-able and has leadership qualities...and thats something Brown didn't have. Sometimes he's too Unselfish. Again, Nothing on Weisbrod but that man didn't even have that skill set 4 years into his career at Lamar. He was an undersized post player. After the small sample size this kid has given us this year, there should be zero hatred on him, he's taking over every big game as a Junior.

No, not because he's white.  Wiesbrod had skills.  Like he was I believe becomes of the year as a freshman, 3 straight offensive MVP by leading the district in scoring THREE consecutive years, Beating a # 1 state ranked Central AT Central...  Went on the play College ball and got all conference honors multiple times AND went on to make an NBA practice squad for a while.  So no, it's not because he's white, but it's because he was at Nederland and he was a bad kid (bad as in badazz hooper).

3 years ago, someone compared him to Wiesbrod, so, that's where we are now...

And J'Covan needs no be in this conversation at all because he's was on a different level all together.  I have still yet to see a kid come through here with the basketball IQ as he had...

13 hours ago, 2020VISION said:

Bro I can respect “your” opinion but that’s it because you have lost your everlasting mind saying he’s up there with J’Covan Brown & one of the greatest to lace em up  man stop that foolishness!!!!!! You must have forgot all the guards to come thru Ozen,WB,Central and heck even Vidor. And before you start talking offers and all that we living in a different era. And then better than Weisbod no sir skill wise yes but overall no . No knock on Hefner but he will never come close to Weisbod he is the most accomplished player Nederland has ever had .Man I like that kid because he’s very very good but don’t put that label on him it isn’t fair to him. Hefner is a baller the most highly recuitable player in his class in this area just let him be him...  #Peace

5 hours ago, Mamba said:

Bro I can respect “your” opinion but that’s it because you have lost your everlasting mind saying he’s up there with J’Covan Brown & one of the greatest to lace em up  man stop that foolishness!!!!!! You must have forgot all the guards to come thru Ozen,WB,Central and heck even Vidor. And before you start talking offers and all that we living in a different era. And then better than Weisbod no sir skill wise yes but overall no . No knock on Hefner but he will never come close to Weisbod he is the most accomplished player Nederland has ever had .Man I like that kid because he’s very very good but don’t put that label on him it isn’t fair to him. Hefner is a baller the most highly recuitable player in his class in this area just let him be him...  #Peace

He will never come close to Weisbrod? I mean, this is a team game. The Nederland TEAM was far far better those years than every year leading up to this year. Individually, it's not even close. Like I said, no knock on Weisbrod but its unfair to compare the two. Acting like that man beat a #1 team by himself LOL...come on man. 

J'Covan got thrown out of several games and had tantrums all through high school. Zero work ethic but his talent was the best ive ever seen, best player I've ever guarded by far...but with an attitude like the one he has/had only gets you so far. I do hope he's faced his demons and makes it to the League.

28 minutes ago, 2020VISION said:

He will never come close to Weisbrod? I mean, this is a team game. The Nederland TEAM was far far better those years than every year leading up to this year. Individually, it's not even close. Like I said, no knock on Weisbrod but its unfair to compare the two. Acting like that man beat a #1 team by himself LOL...come on man. 

J'Covan got thrown out of several games and had tantrums all through high school. Zero work ethic but his talent was the best ive ever seen, best player I've ever guarded by far...but with an attitude like the one he has/had only gets you so far. I do hope he's faced his demons and makes it to the League.

Brown plays overseas I think...

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Brown plays overseas I think...

He does. I think he’s finally starting to get it. At Texas he was dropping close to 20 a game his final year before declaring and got invited to the combine. He had the most body fat of any player there, went undrafted. Think he got picked up by the Heat for a short time and they cut him. Now he’s over seas, looks healthy. I hope he makes it to the NBA the talent level is definitely there. Hefner is on the same level though. The stuff I see him do is on another level, even against some of the better kids in the country. He’s only going to get better when he starts filling out and the get some size on him.