Bulldog/YMBL Classic/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, Lozo said:

The jealousy from Bmtsoulja is next level.  Nobody cares for your jealous opinion of Hefner.  I will take Billl Kennedy’s, Lon Kruger’s, or Kelvin Sampon’s educated opinion over your Bmt bias & pitiful envy of a very talented Nederland kid.  

Great team effort from the Dogs tonight.  More big things to come.  

I’m guessing OU and TCU liked what they saw tonight.  Actually, I’m not guessing ;) 

44 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And English is a good coach, Boute has hardware to back up that he's a great coach though.  

I'll put it to you this way. If English was the coach on those teams Boutee had, he would also have the hardware. 

If Boutee had the teams English has had, he wouldn't even be in this conversation. 

33 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

I'll put it to you this way. If English was the coach on those teams Boutee had, he would also have the hardware. 

If Boutee had the teams English has had, he wouldn't even be in this conversation. 

whoaaaaaa now that’s too much disrespect I think Coach English is a very good coach but don’t discredit Coach Boutte because you feel he’s had and easier ride. I can tell you Coach English has NEVER had to deal with the type of kids Coach Boutte has had over the past 25 years. It looks good from the outside in but unless you know you can’t speak because sometimes it goes beyond basketball at these urban schools. That’s neither here or there they both get the job done both deserve the upmost respect...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

If you read that thread, you would know he had 33.  I will also say having been at that one, he had at least 10 boards.  But he was literally scoring at will as you would expect.  Might could have had a triple double but didn’t get a lot of help that night.  

Edit:  and would have been 35 or 36 (depending on the FT) but for the single worst call I’ve seen in a basketball game to date this year (in the 25-30 games I’ve seen).  

I think this “guy” should go join the circus and become a clown. A wise man once said don’t argue with guys who wear tube socks and loafers, you know the rules TxHoops lolllll...I mean Hs school is cool and all but most of these kids Hefner is playing against will be intramural rec league players . HIGH MAJOR kid if some could comprehend or know what that is , all the real basketball heads know a next level player when they see one.

1 hour ago, Lozo said:

The jealousy from Bmtsoulja is next level.  Nobody cares for your jealous opinion of Hefner.  I will take Billl Kennedy’s, Lon Kruger’s, or Kelvin Sampon’s educated opinion over your Bmt bias & pitiful envy of a very talented Nederland kid.  

Great team effort from the Dogs tonight.  More big things to come.  

Jealousy?  Not at all.  I simply am taking the wait and see approach.  I was told a while ago that it was like watching Colton Wiesbrod all over again.  Huge shoes to fill.  I'm just waiting to see it.  I was told one of the best prospects in the nation for the class.  I'm just waiting to see it, that's all.  But jealous is definitely not the word at all...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Memorial will be a solid favorite in both.  The Barbers Hill-Nederland games will be interesting.  

Sounds like he had similar games against Bridge City and a West Brook team who just played a very good matchup with Silsbee.   Wonder what could have been different?  

And by the way, I can list 3 guys in the last 2 seasons who played on mediocre teams from the greater Houston area that are 1) in the NBA now, 2) will be next year, and 3) arguably the best player on an SEC team.  Not saying Hayden is those guys but point is even some great players don’t make every team they play on great.  

I can roll with that.  Good post.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Very true.  I have found Brian English to be thoughtful and innovative.  I think he would be very successful with many different types of personnel.  Some coaches, as you well know, have a certain style which takes a certain type of player to fit.  

Coach English has also always been incredibly generous with his time and seems to have a genuine “thirst” for the game.  That is to say, like all the great ones, he is constantly a student of the game and is always willing to talk and listen to ideas about it.  I also believe he genuinely cares about the kids and I know he continues to try and help former players and even kids who aren’t a part of his program.  Nederland is incredibly blessed to have him and I think they have a fan base that realizes it.  

He made Vidor dominant, the man is a basketball genius.

46 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

Don't discredit Boute.  Yea, he had some talent, but the man has been doing it for longer than English, so there's the experience factor as well.  Also, the trip to state in 2007 with probably the least talented squad he's coached (meaning pound for pound talent that we were accustomed to seeing from Ozen ) pretty much sold me because I definitely doubted Bou's coaching ability up to that point...

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don't discredit Boute.  Yea, he had some talent, but the man has been doing it for longer than English, so there's the experience factor as well.  Also, the trip to state in 2007 with probably the least talented squad he's coached (meaning pound for pound talent that we were accustomed to seeing from Ozen ) pretty much sold me because I definitely doubted Bou's coaching ability up to that point...

Did he win with Vidor though?

7 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

English took Vidor deep into the playoffs multiple times, haven’t done anything since. That seals it for me, we beat Ozen, we beat Central. We won in the playoffs, never again will anyone accomplish what he did in Vidor. We all play football here.

That was a great feat.  But he did split with Central that year though.  Actually, the loss was in Vidor that year....

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Didn’t that 2007 team have Kris Richard on it?  

6 minutes ago, ballup said:

Didn’t that 2007 team have Kris Richard on it?  

Yes they did, but not much with the rest of the team...  As compared to the other dominant Ozen teams from before.  And Ozen had some dominant teams under him... My point is he did a great job coaching that '07 team.  I was impressed as I seen them March through the playoffs.  I remember thinking, this team...  No way they are good enough to get past 3 rounds.  I was so wrong...

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Jealousy?  Not at all.  I simply am taking the wait and see approach.  I was told a while ago that it was like watching Colton Wiesbrod all over again.  Huge shoes to fill.  I'm just waiting to see it.  I was told one of the best prospects in the nation for the class.  I'm just waiting to see it, that's all.  But jealous is definitely not the word at all...

He's better than Weisbrod imo. Hefner's skill set and athletic ability is far beyond Weisbrod. Weisbrod makes a bigger impact on the game due to his size. 99.9% of Weisbrod points was layups and free throws. He would get high percentage shots and he had a lot more around him as well.  I believe when it's all said and done, Hefner will be the best to ever wear a Nederland jersey. 

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes they did, but not much with the rest of the team...  As compared to the other dominant Ozen teams from before.  And Ozen had some dominant teams under him... My point is he did a great job coaching that '07 team.  I was impressed as I seen them March through the playoffs.  I remember thinking, this team...  No way they are good enough to get past 3 rounds.  I was so wrong...

Kris is the truth. That guy can play, probably one of the best to play for Ozen. 

Hate to interrupt the 19th edition of the English vs Boutte Debate, but I forgot to post our scores from yesterday.,

Alvin 60, LCM 54.  Braden Bridges 27, Jesse Doucette 12, DJ Williams 10..

LCM 65, Kelly 56.  Bridges 35, Doucette 10. Bears now 2-7 on the year and play at Jasper on Tuesday.

Congrats to Nederland on winning the Bulldog Classic and thanks for hosting a great tournament.  Not sure if Boutte or English is a better coach, but I can't imagine anyone runs a better hospitality room than Brian's wife!

45 minutes ago, Bear Cave said:

Hate to interrupt the 19th edition of the English vs Boutte Debate, but I forgot to post our scores from yesterday.,

Alvin 60, LCM 54.  Braden Bridges 27, Jesse Doucette 12, DJ Williams 10..

LCM 65, Kelly 56.  Bridges 35, Doucette 10. Bears now 2-7 on the year and play at Jasper on Tuesday.

Congrats to Nederland on winning the Bulldog Classic and thanks for hosting a great tournament.  Not sure if Boutte or English is a better coach, but I can't imagine anyone runs a better hospitality room than Brian's wife!

1000 % agree on that last statement.

8 hours ago, BIG SHOW said:

He's better than Weisbrod imo. Hefner's skill set and athletic ability is far beyond Weisbrod. Weisbrod makes a bigger impact on the game due to his size. 99.9% of Weisbrod points was layups and free throws. He would get high percentage shots and he had a lot more around him as well.  I believe when it's all said and done, Hefner will be the best to ever wear a Nederland jersey. 

Well see because Weisbrod was a flat out baller...   And he continued it at the college level..