Silsbee 38 Giddings 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I said Silsbee by 14+. 17 is good enough.

Can't wait till I get that Ruth Chris's filet mingon, pitcher of top shelf margaritas and chocolate cake.

Oh lord, who did you bet abuse this time?  

(And don’t ruin that perfect meal with a darn margarita.  Trade that pitcher in for a nice Cab.)

The location was pre approved by all 4 teams going into this week.  It was pretty much a midpoint from Giddings and everyone east.  Lamar charges a high fee as well.  As mentioned it also keeps some of the local nonsense away.  Should be a good game.  The district proved to be tougher than most thought earlier this season.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Before I give my analysis, I do want to hear what the guy that was pulling for Giddings have to say.... I also want to know what those coaches that talked about Silsbee have to say now...

I was pulling for giddings but was sitting on the silsbee side lol. Silsbee had too many weapons all over the field at the skill positions and they have luck on there side. Luck and skill is a dangerous combo in the playoffs.  I liked yalls starting running back he has spead and finished his runs. #1 was a stud everywhere on the field tonight. Giddings just couldn’t put it all together and they had some tough breaks where literally if the ball bounces a different way we have a closer ball game. y’all shut their run game completely down exept for that long run but #1 made up for it. The qb for giddings is a baller he kept them from laying down completely on offense. I thought and still think that both these teams are better than jasper and wos soo I see silsbee winning next week also and look forward to making the cuero silsbee game in 2 weeks. 

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Before I give my analysis, I do want to hear what the guy that was pulling for Giddings have to say.... I also want to know what those coaches that talked about Silsbee have to say now...

I think there was resentment among the Giddings Coaches due to the fact they heard more talk around town, school, and articles in our paper, about hometown Giddings boy Silsbee Coach Smith and his accomplishments, than there outstanding job they did with an over achieving group of Giddings kids. I can understand there frustration, but this is a small town , and they just have to remember they are new here and Smith and family have deep roots here. I do know Giddings head Coach upset after the game, he did not like the fact that Silsbee waited till the last play to kneel the ball , but he had two timeouts left, and Silsbee just running the ball? #94 for Giddings was punching Silsbee players after every play of last series. Silsbee players stayed calm considering. #94 and #22 for Giddings both cussed the Silsbee Coaches out after the game. As proud as I was of the Giddings program, playing hard and not giving up, this was an embarrassment to our community. 

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m interested in your analysis since I wasn’t there. Also if you could address something I’m curious about: is Silsbee this much improved or is their competition making them look this good? Im kinda on the fence about that and we will obviously know the true answer to that question this time next week. I’m hoping this is just a Silsbee team on a mission destroying people, and not the alternative.

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m interested in your analysis since I wasn’t there. Also if you could address something I’m curious about: is Silsbee this much improved or is their competition making them look this good? Im kinda on the fence about that and we will obviously know the true answer to that question this time next week. I’m hoping this is just a Silsbee team on a mission destroying people, and not the alternative.

It’s a combination of a tough pre-district schedule and improving through out the year. A poster on here stated that it doesn’t matter how strong our schedule is if you get blown out it doesn’t help you. Well, I beg to differ. It does help. We got ridiculed for giving up 108 points in the first two games, mostly by the team up north that just got knocked out of the playoffs. Maybe if they would have had a harder schedule that mite still be playing. But here we are, just beat a team who’s coach’s basically said we are no good and didn’t have a chance. We are moving on, we are still practicing, we have another game. TigerNation!!!

6 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

It’s a combination of a tough pre-district schedule and improving through out the year. A poster on here stated that it doesn’t matter how strong our schedule is if you get blown out it doesn’t help you. Well, I beg to differ. It does help. We got ridiculed for giving up 108 points in the first two games, mostly by the team up north that just got knocked out of the playoffs. Maybe if they would have had a harder schedule that mite still be playing. But here we are, just beat a team who’s coach’s basically said we are no good and didn’t have a chance. We are moving on, we are still practicing, we have another game. TigerNation!!!

True that! It’s not how you start but how you finish.

5 hours ago, Footballfan77 said:

I was pulling for giddings but was sitting on the silsbee side lol. Silsbee had too many weapons all over the field at the skill positions and they have luck on there side. Luck and skill is a dangerous combo in the playoffs.  I liked yalls starting running back he has spead and finished his runs. #1 was a stud everywhere on the field tonight. Giddings just couldn’t put it all together and they had some tough breaks where literally if the ball bounces a different way we have a closer ball game. y’all shut their run game completely down exept for that long run but #1 made up for it. The qb for giddings is a baller he kept them from laying down completely on offense. I thought and still think that both these teams are better than jasper and wos soo I see silsbee winning next week also and look forward to making the cuero silsbee game in 2 weeks. 

Good post...  I agree on what you said...

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I share @STiger85 sentiments.  That tough predistrict paid off and imo, with Foster at QB getting so much better, it makes everything that we want to do on offense so easy.  You can't stack the box because you have athletes on an island and a QB that can hit the target.  BTW, Foster has thrown for 200+ yards and 3 TD's, no interceptions vs. Giddings.

Defense is on Fire too.  Playoffs started, they've only allowed 14 PPG, holding each team well under their average.  Something clicked after the bye week.  This team has it.  I'm thoroughly happy.  Even the usual Silsbee fans that's been Coach Smith detractors for the last 3 years couldn't detract much.  I know.  I questioned them at the game.  Even they had positive feedback...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I share @STiger85 sentiments.  That tough predistrict paid off and imo, with Foster at QB getting so much better, it makes everything that we want to do on offense so easy.  You can't stack the box because you have athletes on an island and a QB that can hit the target.  BTW, Foster has thrown for 200+ yards and 3 TD's, no interceptions vs. Giddings.

Defense is on Fire too.  Playoffs started, they've only allowed 14 PPG, holding each team well under their average.  Something clicked after the bye week.  This team has it.  I'm thoroughly happy.  Even the usual Silsbee fans that's been Coach Smith detractors for the last 3 years couldn't detract much.  I know.  I questioned them at the game.  Even they had positive feedback...

That doesn’t surprise me, giddings secondary has been horrible in pass coverage all year they always seemed to be lost or out of position. I would like to see the stat line for both teams if anyone gets ahold of it. 

23 hours ago, Footballfan77 said:

That doesn’t surprise me, giddings secondary has been horrible in pass coverage all year they always seemed to be lost or out of position. I would like to see the stat line for both teams if anyone gets ahold of it. 

Silsbee 

Total yards - 457

Passing yards - 212

Rushing yards - 245

Giddings

Total yards - 282

Passing yards - 149

Rushing yards - 133

R. Foster

Passing yards - 212

4 TD's

0 Interceptions

C. Martin 

Rushing yards - 154

1 TD

C. White 

Receiving yards - 78

2 TD's

1 fumble recovery

D. Turk

1 int

1 forced fumble

On 12/1/2018 at 3:19 AM, Footballfan77 said:

Both teams better than Jasper and WOS ? Are you stupid or delusional?