West Orange-Stark 21 Jasper 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Speed on speed tonight.  Jasper had trouble getting the corner the entire game. 

WOS did a good job clogging the runs between the tackles too. The Mustangs coaching staff has done a whale of a job with their kids. I got the impression early in the season that the normal fire was missing from that group and they had it in spades tonight. That's not meant to take anything away from the Jasper staff and players. We were right there and just couldn't get it done...

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

WOS did a good job clogging the runs between the tackles too. The Mustangs coaching staff has done a whale of a job with their kids. I got the impression early in the season that the normal fire was missing from that group and they had it in spades tonight. That's not meant to take anything away from the Jasper staff and players. We were right there and just couldn't get it done...

Likewise impressed with the Bulldog D.  Other than some big plays, a whole lot of hitting and run stopping tonight.  If you love old school football, tonight was a classic.  

6 minutes ago, MEM said:

Jasper missing a couple of backs had something to do with that.

No doubt that was a huge hurdle they couldn’t clear.   By the same token, no one has had a night on a CT defense like Jasper had early this season and we won’t likely see one again anytime soon, certainly not this season the way he has them playing now.  

But the ones on the field played in a game I have a feeling will be talked about for many years to come.  Had that kind of feel to it. 

30 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I was on pens and needles all night until the clock read 0:00.Both teams played their hearts out.Our QB made some bad decisions throwing the ball.The momentum kept swinging back and forth.Both teams turned the ball over numerous times but Jasper turned it over on their 13 yard line which turned out to seal the deal for WOS.I thought Jasper should have gone to the pass sooner because we were stopping their run game and they were moving the ball better when they passed.This was one heck of a game determined by one fumble at the wrong place at the wrong time.Thanks for a great game Jasper. 

1 hour ago, MEM said:

Jasper missing a couple of backs had something to do with that.

Absolutely true.  Can't cry about it now, but the good news is that both Hunt and Limbrick will be back next year.  Limbrick is only a Sophomore and already has had flashes of the same lightning that Hunt has.  Either would have been a great help tonight.

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Everyone in jasper has to be so proud of these kids.they exemplifies the meaning fighting to the end.these kids left it all on the field tonite. Jasper from the players to the coaches and everyone involved I salute you!! Great effort. 

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Great game between these two teams. Too bad they had to meet so soon in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was waiting for the Jasper win.  Welp.  Looks like Jasper avoided us after all, like they planned all along...

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Most definitel...said they wouldnt play us again....so now they dont have to......maybe a little ......no i better not go there!!

Seriously guys are we gonna go here again? Y’all know good and well why they aren’t playing y’all and it has nothing to do with fear of losing. Smh, just enjoy the bragging rights of being on round 4

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Seriously guys are we gonna go here again? Y’all know good and well why they aren’t playing y’all and it has nothing to do with fear of losing. Smh, just enjoy the bragging rights of being on round 4

Buddy I heard Jasper tanked the game to avoid silsbee

28 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Buddy I heard Jasper tanked the game to avoid silsbee

Why would they do that? Jasper not afraid to play Silsbee. Last years lost was only due to the cheap shot Sells put on Jasper's QB(sells) to knock him out the game. It would have been a good game.

5 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Why would they do that? Jasper not afraid to play Silsbee. Last years lost was only due to the cheap shot Sells put on Jasper's QB(sells) to knock him out the game. It would have been a good game.

It was a inside joke. Lumberton/ others were saying they lost on purpose to LCM to avoid Carthage in the playoffs.