CFP Poll

PhatMack19

The poll before the only poll that matters.  

11/27/2018
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan
8. UCF
9. Florida
10. LSU
11. Washington
12. Penn State
13. Washington State
14. Texas
15. Kentucky
16. West Virginia
17. Utah
18. Mississippi State
19. Texas A&M
20. Syracuse
21. Northwestern
22. Boise State
23. Iowa State
24. Missouri
25. Fresno State

33 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I’m really upset about Milton being out. Thought coming down ten stretch UCF had a legit shot of getting in.

I don’t think they would get in either way unless mass chaos happens Saturday and everyone loses.  Too much money at stake and the big guys are always going to make the playoff before a Group of 5 team.  

Any time Ohio St, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, and maybe 1 or 2 others are in line, they will go over UCF every single time.  Ex-  tOSU jumping Baylor and Tcu a few years ago.   Money will always win out 

The issue this year is they may to pick between Ohio St and Oklahoma which will have very similar resumes and both AD’s are on the selection committee.  They will both have to leave the room for this discussion, so it may come down to who is better friends with the other 11.  

58 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I don’t think they would get in either way unless mass chaos happens Saturday and everyone loses.  Too much money at stake and the big guys are always going to make the playoff before a Group of 5 team.  

Any time Ohio St, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, and maybe 1 or 2 others are in line, they will go over UCF every single time.  Ex-  tOSU jumping Baylor and Tcu a few years ago.   Money will always win out 

The issue this year is they may to pick between Ohio St and Oklahoma which will have very similar resumes and both AD’s are on the selection committee.  They will both have to leave the room for this discussion, so it may come down to who is better friends with the other 11.  

True, anytime a blue blood is in line to go, They’ll always pick them over non blue bloods 

As much as I want to See Texas win Saturday I think OU will win and go on to play Bama in the 1st round while Texas faces Georgia in the Sugar Bowl

i May be a minority here but I actually think Bama will have problems with OUs offense. Going off the past, SEC teams always have problems with BiG 12 offenses. I can see Bama in a shoot out with OU, the only reason I’d give the edge to Bama is because I know there defense will make stops unlike OU. But just think about teams Bama has problems with, OU has all those elements (Scrambling QB, Spread Offense, Team Speed) If OU had a better defense I’d even take the Sooners to upset Bama, and I hate OU...

I just want The State of Texas with a winning percentage of over 500% in the bowl games,

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Least Expensive Tickets on Vivid Seats for Each Conference Title Game:

1. SEC: $279

2. Big 10: $66

3. Big 12: $58

4. ACC: $40

5. AAC: $38

6. MWC: $33

7. PAC-12: $28

This is the hidden content, please

AT&T Stadium (Sold Out) - Capacity for Super Bowl - 100K

Mercedes Benz Stadium (Sold Out) - Capacity for Super Bowl - 75K

By the way, that $58 dollar ticket is Standing Room Only. I get what you're trying to imply, but it misses the mark. 

34 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

AT&T Stadium (Sold Out) - Capacity for Super Bowl - 100K

Mercedes Benz Stadium (Sold Out) - Capacity for Super Bowl - 75K

By the way, that $58 dollar ticket is Standing Room Only. I get what you're trying to imply, but it misses the mark. 

It’s a tweet from West Coast CFB talking about Larry Scott running that conference in the ground.  He made a lot of dumb decisions including playing this game on Friday in Santa Clara where no one cares about College Football.  That place may be half full.  

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Here was my thinking. Michigan got embarrassed last week against OSU. After getting beat by Notre Dame earlier. Which I think of the two played now, Michigan would beat them. If Ohio State, OU, and Georgia lose I think the commitee would have legitimately looked at UCF. I know what the deal with them is, but still it’s Division 1 FBS football. And they have deserve their chance imo. Bc of OSU, OU, and Georgia lose. Who’s getting that 4th spot? Michigan with 2 losses? OSU with only two losses? 

I don’t predict this happening, but it would be interesting if this scenario played out.

9 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Here was my thinking. Michigan got embarrassed last week against OSU. After getting beat by Notre Dame earlier. Which I think of the two played now, Michigan would beat them. If Ohio State, OU, and Georgia lose I think the commitee would have legitimately looked at UCF. I know what the deal with them is, but still it’s Division 1 FBS football. And they have deserve their chance imo. Bc of OSU, OU, and Georgia lose. Who’s getting that 4th spot? Michigan with 2 losses? OSU with only two losses? 

I don’t predict this happening, but it would be interesting if this scenario played out.

My question is- How many of the Top 25 would be undefeated if they played UCF’s schedule?

I would set the over/under at 15 and probably take the over.  Their best wins are Cincy & Memphis?  Memphis gets a chance to revenge their 1 point loss to UCF earlier in the season, which should be interesting with their QB out.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

My question is- How many of the Top 25 would be undefeated if they played UCF’s schedule?

I would set the over/under at 15 and probably take the over.  Their best wins are Cincy & Memphis?  Memphis gets a chance to revenge their 1 point loss to UCF earlier in the season, which should be interesting with their QB out.  

Good point 

March Madness is superior to the CFP for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the Cinderella teams.  What they haven’t figured out is most people don’t have a dog in the fight, and therefore want to root for the underdog.   That means viewers.   All the snub of UCF going undefeated for 2 years straight and not getting in will do is get us closer to a 8 team playoff.  

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

March Madness is superior to the CFP for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the Cinderella teams.  What they haven’t figured out is most people don’t have a dog in the fight, and therefore want to root for the underdog.   That means viewers.   All the snub of UCF going undefeated for 2 years straight and not getting in will do is get us closer to a 8 team playoff.  

Before the injury i would have like to see UCF in the playoff. However, putting them in at #4 would have done them, and all other mid-major schools a disservice. They likely would have gotten dominated by Bama, like everyone else has. Then average idiot would have been able to say "Told you they didn't belong". When in reality, they can play with Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma. 

4 hours ago, About a week ago said:

If all three were to lose depending on how much Georgia lost by I would still think Georgia maybe gets in because of SOS. But remember when Ohio state got into the playoffs but weren’t conference champions would Michigan get in like you said..  I just don’t get why not have 8 or at least 6 and 1 and 2 seeds have byes... 

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Before the injury i would have like to see UCF in the playoff. However, putting them in at #4 would have done them, and all other mid-major schools a disservice. They likely would have gotten dominated by Bama, like everyone else has. Then average idiot would have been able to say "Told you they didn't belong". When in reality, they can play with Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma. 

I don’t disagree with you.  But in the end, if it helps open it up more, I’m all for it.  We can talk about SOS all we want, but let’s not pretend Boise St and Utah (before joining the PAC 12) didn’t prove they belonged.   I remember Utah doing what most of the Bama jock hangers couldn’t, beat Bama.  In today’s system, neither would have gotten in.