West Brook (10-2) vs Katy Tompkins (10-2)

I was told from a reliable source that Cy-Falls looked like a mirror image of WB.  If Tompkins was able to beat Falls, then this will be a game.  The Bruins defense will need to step up big time.  I know we're putting a lot of pressure on that side of the ball. It at this point of the playoffs, those guys will need to ball out.  If WB defense steps up and makes key stops, I see the score being the same as Calpreps predicted...

Soulja, we've all heard the expression "offense wins games, defense wins championships". Well, I believe it holds true in this case. Hoping the novelty of playing in NRG Stadium isn't a distraction, and the kids are focused on the task at hand. Should West Brook win, it would knly be the 3rd time in school history to make it to the 4th round.

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

WB stops RJ Smith from rushing for 200+ yards like he did on Falls and they win this game going away. It's that simple. I don't think Tompkins has face the type of team speed on offense that that are about to see from the Bruins.

Love the optimism, brother. I sure hope youre right. I would love to see this team go where only two other teams in WB history have gone.....to the 4th round.

14 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Yes, they did. I was watching from the sidelines, for that game. Chip Ambres did all he could, but it wasn't enough. The better team lost that game.

That was the flukiest game I've ever attended. WB had a ridiculous amount of fumbles. One where the WR caught the ball, made the Safety miss, and dropped the ball while running to the endzone. Smdh...

5 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, it looks like Bryce Anderson will be moved up to the backup QB position, for this weeks game. Hopefully, if he sees playing time, its because we're way ahead, and not because of injury to LaRavien Elia.

Huh? What happened 

That means they better find a punter and quickly. Field position and special teams are important this time of year

43 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Huh? What happened 

That means they better find a punter and quickly. Field position and special teams are important this time of year

47 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, it looks like Bryce Anderson will be moved up to the backup QB position, for this weeks game. Hopefully, if he sees playing time, its because we're way ahead, and not because of injury to LaRavien Elia.

Automobile accident.  Several players injured. Nothing life threatening.  But bad enough that several will be out for this game and possibly next. One is out for the remainder of season

2 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Huh? What happened 

Well, we've got #44 Harris Downer, who has kicked for us in the past, but not much as of late. He is more than capable of driving the ball deep, and handling the punting, and kicking duties. I think we'll be ok in that department. I was more concerned about losing Yoeman.