#7 LSU at #22 Texas A&M

PhatMack19

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was gonna say you have to give it time.  Not like we were thrilled about Sam last year.  Like Sam, Mond has a coach who has had a lot of success developing QBs.   

Mond has a major league arm.  He makes throws that wow you.  He also makes a lot of throws that make you say wtf.  You take the good with the bad.  Hopefully more good than bad. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I gotta catch a replay of this one.  Won’t be nearly the same once you know the outcome but still have to see it.  

Once you see it you'll see how bad LSU got screwed many times by the refs that helped a&m win that game. If I was Orgeron, not that it would change the outcome, but I would demand a review of that crew and accuse the crew with corruption and favoritism that aided the a&m win. I would demand that crew be suspended and not be allowed the officiate any champiinship games or bowl games the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

Once you see it you'll see how bad LSU got screwed many times by the refs that helped a&m win that game. If I was Orgeron, not that it would change the outcome, but I would demand a review of that crew and accuse the crew with corruption and favoritism that aided the a&m win. I would demand that crew be suspended and not be allowed the officiate any champiinship games or bowl games the rest of the season.

This is the hidden content, please

I was at the game. It was unreal. Glad I can say I witnessed history. I have a longer post I’m going to post about the officiating and the few controversies. I just want to say hell of a job by the Ags! They played Clemson to a failed two point conversion, and beat LSU. As for the Auburn and Miss St games, those are inexcusable. I see a good future moving forward. Ready for the bowl game!

Here are my thoughts on the  controversial plays. 

1. Mond down before interception.

It was very close, but his knee does appear down when he gains possession of the ball. Think this was the correct call. The officials did a good job by allowing the play to play out, and not killing it.

2. 4th and 18

I'm not even discussing this one, because it was clearly just a mistake of the TV first down line. 

3.  Spike with 3 seconds

Correct call. When the clock is under three is when the rule states they can not spike it. After review the it was clear he got the spike off in time. 

4. Illegal Formation

It is all about interpretation, but I promise you can go back and look at 90% of the hurry up spikes and a lot of teams are in illegal formations. It happens so fast it is missed by the officials. And I'm not even sure it was an illegal formation. 

5. Sternberger incomplete pass

This was a bang-bang play. And on a bang-bang play officials are taught to call this an incomplete pass. It was no doubt close, but Sternberger doesn't ever seem to make a catch by the definition of the rule. I could see this one going either way. Honestly if the official rules it a fumble, I don't think video could have overturned it either way. This was by far the closest call. 

6. Pass Interference in 7OT

I thought it was a clear DPI. He had a grasp on Rogers shoulder pad and clearly impeded him from turning towards the ball. 

The only play I think that was even close was the fumble/incomplete pass. The rest were clear to me. Don't get me wrong I understand officials make mistakes. I still think the Clemson fumble was out of bounds, but the call went against us. That's what you call human error. obviously the fumble/incomplete pass was so close that video didn't even think they could review it, or they thought it was clearly a incomplete pass. I think by how the officials are taught to officiate that play, it was the correct call. 

And I know you're going to say it's easy for me to say when A&M won, but I promise I would say this same thing had the calls been reversed. 

^Agree with the assessment of the incomplete/fumble play. Buddy of mine (LSU fan) was at the game. He text me and asked what it looked like to me on the few replays they showed. I told him whatever team you are pulling for is what you’ll see. He had both feet down, but didn’t “tuck” or wasn’t quite to the point of tucking the ball away. I don’t think he had taken a 3rd step, maybe he did but I’d have to watch the replay again. So of course looked to me like he didn’t make a “football move”. But that could be the maroon color glasses. 

3 hours ago, horndawg said:

^Agree with the assessment of the incomplete/fumble play. Buddy of mine (LSU fan) was at the game. He text me and asked what it looked like to me on the few replays they showed. I told him whatever team you are pulling for is what you’ll see. He had both feet down, but didn’t “tuck” or wasn’t quite to the point of tucking the ball away. I don’t think he had taken a 3rd step, maybe he did but I’d have to watch the replay again. So of course looked to me like he didn’t make a “football move”. But that could be the maroon color glasses. 

Same thing. I texted a buddy and asked, he is very knowledgeable of the game, he is neither and Aggie or a Tiger. He said incomplete, but close.  so I knew it could have gone either way. If they let it play out and then review, LSU probably wins.

On 11/25/2018 at 0:39 AM, Hook'em said:

Word on the street is that the A&M guy punched a guy with Parkinson's disease on LSU's staff and Faulk stepped in to defend him.

Word on the street was wrong.  There is tons of video evidence coming out that the guy with Parkinson’s is a liar.  People may get fired for this, and an LSU player suspended.  

18 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Here are my thoughts on the  controversial plays. 

1. Mond down before interception.

It was very close, but his knee does appear down when he gains possession of the ball. Think this was the correct call. The officials did a good job by allowing the play to play out, and not killing it.

2. 4th and 18

I'm not even discussing this one, because it was clearly just a mistake of the TV first down line. 

3.  Spike with 3 seconds

Correct call. When the clock is under three is when the rule states they can not spike it. After review the it was clear he got the spike off in time. 

4. Illegal Formation

It is all about interpretation, but I promise you can go back and look at 90% of the hurry up spikes and a lot of teams are in illegal formations. It happens so fast it is missed by the officials. And I'm not even sure it was an illegal formation. 

5. Sternberger incomplete pass

This was a bang-bang play. And on a bang-bang play officials are taught to call this an incomplete pass. It was no doubt close, but Sternberger doesn't ever seem to make a catch by the definition of the rule. I could see this one going either way. Honestly if the official rules it a fumble, I don't think video could have overturned it either way. This was by far the closest call. 

6. Pass Interference in 7OT

I thought it was a clear DPI. He had a grasp on Rogers shoulder pad and clearly impeded him from turning towards the ball. 

The only play I think that was even close was the fumble/incomplete pass. The rest were clear to me. Don't get me wrong I understand officials make mistakes. I still think the Clemson fumble was out of bounds, but the call went against us. That's what you call human error. obviously the fumble/incomplete pass was so close that video didn't even think they could review it, or they thought it was clearly a incomplete pass. I think by how the officials are taught to officiate that play, it was the correct call. 

And I know you're going to say it's easy for me to say when A&M won, but I promise I would say this same thing had the calls been reversed. 

Very good post.

Having now watched the plays in question, I think the officials actually got most, if not all of those calls correct.  Was not expecting that based on what I heard and read.  The one I can’t really tell is the illegal formation spike.  But I suspect you are correct and on a lot of those everyone isn’t lined up correctly.  God help us if we start stopping the game and reviewing formations every time someone is in a hurry up offense.  

I was at the game and thought oh crap on the Jace incomplete/Fumble and was texting with a crazy LSU fan who was watching on TV and he also said could go either way. No matter what that was the most emotional roller coaster I have ever been a part of! Wow is the only way I can describe what I saw!

For anybody to say the refs were in on a fix is crazy, because the catches that Rogers made multiple times where absolutely amazing and anyone of the 4 or 5 passes that he caught in OT could have ended the game in LSU’s favor.

On 11/28/2018 at 0:09 AM, PhatMack19 said:

Oh and the 1 second that O keeps stuttering about should have never been 1 second.  Somehow the home clock operator let the clock go from 6 down to 3 after the player was down on the play before. 

This is the hidden content, please

I watched the replay of this down. The clock operator watches the official. He’s actually on the field, not in the booth, following beside the down marker. The officials mechanic here is to kill the play while swinging his arm to keep the clock moving, signaling the player was tackled in bounds. This play actually could have had a review, but that is how officials are taught to do it. Just a force of habit when it’s late. Good thing it didn’t cost us. Except having to listen to LSU fans cry about it.