Silsbee at Beaumont United/BU WINS!

WOSgrad

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, JustUs said:

BMT Unites (5-0)  63

Silsbee                  40  Final

I missed the Texas City game but I seen it for myself in the Silsbee game that the SheWolves need to work on their press breakers.  Other than that, they will be a tough matchup for most teams.  They will be playing in a tournament this week at Houston Stafford high school and I'm trying to obtain a schedule for it. 

As I watched the game live, I agree Alpha, the SheWolves could work on their press break. I know it is sometimes difficult to "practice" press break, since it always seems to be a little different level of intensity in practice, than when the "the lights are on". SheWolves have the size, speed, and strength to handle it, just need a little more in-game experience, imo. They have nice size and strength throughout the roster, and this just in, #15 is really a NICE player, lol. In watching Ozen the last couple seasons, #12 always seems to be making whatever play is needed, be it offense or defense. Coach Brown always has her ladies operating at a high level. Maybe the only thing else you would like to see is a little more outside shooting, to open it up even more for #15?? Just what I saw, of course.

Silsbee ladies played very hard and fast, the overall size and strength of United did seem to have an effect on Silsbee's execution at times. That being said, the teams in 22-4a don't have anything near the roster that United has, except maybe that team in Sour Lake:). Of course, that's why they play the games, right? Silsbee too will benefit from the pre-district play, in terms of getting their press break and their press up to speed. Will be fun to watch the district play unfold.

It was really fun to attend the game and feel the energy that was in the gym. Good luck to both programs and hope all the young ladies continue to work hard and have good seasons.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:53 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

I missed the Texas City game but I seen it for myself in the Silsbee game that the SheWolves need to work on their press breakers.  Other than that, they will be a tough matchup for most teams.  They will be playing in a tournament this week at Houston Stafford high school and I'm trying to obtain a schedule for it. 

When teams start to press she needs to put in another ball handler.  That freshman done a good job breaking the press from what I saw against Texas City.  But when you blowing teams out keep doing what you do.