Silsbee 76 Beaumont United 73/FINAL

WOSgrad

Heck of a game.  Silsbee's experience showed in this game.  There was no answer for Bush.  Too quick to play close to and too good of a shooter to play off of.  When United went up late in the 4th, Silsbee stayed poised and despite the missed free throws from Tyler, Silsbee still came up with key defensive plays to get extra possessions and convert. I was impress.  

All isn't bad for United.  Harrison is a monster, and will be a thorn for a lot of teams.  No shame losing to the 2 time state champs.  Regroup, find an identity and go on a winning streak.  

17 minutes ago, DXTR said:

So how does Westbrook look compared to BU and Memorial?

Compared to BU & Memorial talent wise it’s a big gap . But you can never make up for coaching and Coach Boutte is elite and he has a great coaching staff. While he definitely will have them playing well I don’t think WB is good enough to beat Silsbee. They are very small guard wise and they lack the experience as a team. Peter Simon is what makes them go ,Carpenter on the inside at 6’9 can cause some problems at the rim but overall that won’t be enough ,Silsbee should win by 12-15.

But back to the Silsbee vs United game. Silsbee fans I mean this as no disrespect but there is no way in hell Silsbee should’ve beaten BU last night.( I did pick Silsbee to win so don’t go crazy). Yea I understand Silsbee has 3 extremely good players along with Tyler who could very well be a star at any other school. But I’m not a fan im a student of the game of basketball and what i saw last night from BU was terrible. No offensive sets ,poor substitutions,lets not even talk about the defense. Silsbee took advantage of all that with 7 guys playing at that pace for an entire game , that in itself is jaw dropping. #5-6’6 Justin Pleaant could not be stopped offensively and he might have had 5 touches,#14- 6’6 Tyrese Baker played 45 secs., #23-6’5 Jaylen Subejct who is the best player on BU doesn’t get in til the 2nd qtr seriously. Lack of shooting will get them too, BU made maybe 8 jump shots for the WHOLE GAME!!!! .Your only true ball handler is Kasen and you rely on him to score because your not running offense. When you start to play good teams they will take him out the equation by trapping him which is what Silsbee should’ve done. BU has so much length but they only play one way you won’t beat good teams playing like that. They are legitimately 10 deep but trying to play 14 guys will get them in trouble every game . There isn’t enough time to do that and you take players out of rhythm. No negative energy here only my thought as a student of the game 

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

But back to the Silsbee vs United game. Silsbee fans I mean this as no disroect but there is no way in hell Silsbee should’ve beaten BU last night.( I did pick Silsbee to win so don’t go crazy). Yea I understand Silsbee has 3 extremely good players along with Tyler who could very well be a star at any other school. But I’m not a fan im a student of the game of basketball and what i saw last night from BU was terrible. No offensive sets ,poor substitutions,lets not even talk about the defense. Silsbee took advantage of all that with 7 guys playing at that pace for an entire game , that in itself is jaw dropping. #5-6’6 Justin Pleaant could not be stopped offensively and he might have had 5 touches,#14- 6’6 Tyrese Baker played 45 secs., #23-6’5 Jaylen Subejct who is the best player on BU doesn’t get in til the 2nd qtr seriously. Lack of shooting will get them too, BU made maybe 8 jump shots for the WHOLE GAME!!!! .Your only true ball handler is Kasen and you rely on him to score because your not running offense. When you start to play good teams they will take him out the equation by trapping him which is what Silsbee should’ve done. BU has so much length but they only play one way you won’t beat good teams playing like that. They are legitimately 10 deep but trying to play 14 guys will get them in trouble every game . There isn’t enough time to do that and you take players out of rhythm. No negative energy here only my thought as a student of the game 

I see what you are saying,  and early on i said it would be a good win for us.  Now i do have to say some of the problems BU had were the result of our tenacity.  The lack of inside play for United was partly due to the strong play of McCain inside and the quick hands coming in and helping him out.  Now i did wonder at times why BU went to a smaller lineup,  that seemed to play right into our hands.  One thing about this Tige team is you can never underestimate their heart and drive. Our legs may not quite be where we want them yet nut thats why we are playing these games.  

11 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I see what you are saying,  and early on i said it would be a good win for us.  Now i do have to say some of the problems BU had were the result of our tenacity.  The lack of inside play for United was partly due to the strong play of McCain inside and the quick hands coming in and helping him out.  Now i did wonder at times why BU went to a smaller lineup,  that seemed to play right into our hands.  One thing about this Tige team is you can never underestimate their heart and drive. Our legs may not quite be where we want them yet nut thats why we are playing these games.  

And that’s what I’m saying it’s like trying to beat Golden St at what their good at it ain’t happening. BU wasn’t patient enough to keep going inside to #5, Devin made some good plays but you gotta stay with the game plan.  Then you had #5 trying to guard past the 3pt line that was plain stupid , when they play Memorial clover didn’t go past the 3pt line he knew Devon would blow past him so he played smart. The recipe to beat Silsbee is slow the game down and pound it inside if you have bigs. And as much length as BU had a 1-3-1 would’ve hurt Silsbee imo or an aggressive extended  2/3 . But what Silsbee is able to do with those guys playing all those minutes is past impressive and if you say they don’t have their legs I would call you crazy but you know better than me .

35 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

And that’s what I’m saying it’s like trying to beat Golden St at what their good at it ain’t happening. BU wasn’t patient enough to keep going inside to #5, Devin made some good plays but you gotta stay with the game plan.  Then you had #5 trying to guard past the 3pt line that was plain stupid , when they play Memorial clover didn’t go past the 3pt line he knew Devon would blow past him so he played smart. The recipe to beat Silsbee is slow the game down and pound it inside if you have bigs. And as much length as BU had a 1-3-1 would’ve hurt Silsbee imo or an aggressive extended  2/3 . But what Silsbee is able to do with those guys playing all those minutes is past impressive and if you say they don’t have their legs I would call you crazy but you know better than me .

I just know what they will be like later on.  When they get Martin back and starting as well as the other key subs and they start getting a little rest.  They will then end these games the same way they have started these first 3.  Now overall we have never been a great ft shooting team but lats night we were something like 3 for 8 at the end.  Last year in that state finals i think we were like 31 for 35 or somewhere close.   Those legs play some in that.  Their heart keeps them going.

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Compared to BU & Memorial talent wise it’s a big gap . But you can never make up for coaching and Coach Boutte is elite and he has a great coaching staff. While he definitely will have them playing well I don’t think WB is good enough to beat Silsbee. They are very small guard wise and they lack the experience as a team. Peter Simon is what makes them go ,Carpenter on the inside at 6’9 can cause some problems at the rim but overall that won’t be enough ,Silsbee should win by 12-15.

Lmao...

4 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

But back to the Silsbee vs United game. Silsbee fans I mean this as no disrespect but there is no way in hell Silsbee should’ve beaten BU last night.( I did pick Silsbee to win so don’t go crazy). Yea I understand Silsbee has 3 extremely good players along with Tyler who could very well be a star at any other school. But I’m not a fan im a student of the game of basketball and what i saw last night from BU was terrible. No offensive sets ,poor substitutions,lets not even talk about the defense. Silsbee took advantage of all that with 7 guys playing at that pace for an entire game , that in itself is jaw dropping. #5-6’6 Justin Pleaant could not be stopped offensively and he might have had 5 touches,#14- 6’6 Tyrese Baker played 45 secs., #23-6’5 Jaylen Subejct who is the best player on BU doesn’t get in til the 2nd qtr seriously. Lack of shooting will get them too, BU made maybe 8 jump shots for the WHOLE GAME!!!! .Your only true ball handler is Kasen and you rely on him to score because your not running offense. When you start to play good teams they will take him out the equation by trapping him which is what Silsbee should’ve done. BU has so much length but they only play one way you won’t beat good teams playing like that. They are legitimately 10 deep but trying to play 14 guys will get them in trouble every game . There isn’t enough time to do that and you take players out of rhythm. No negative energy here only my thought as a student of the game 

Is Jakia not playing?

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

I just know what they will be like later on.  When they get Martin back and starting as well as the other key subs and they start getting a little rest.  They will then end these games the same way they have started these first 3.  Now overall we have never been a great ft shooting team but lats night we were something like 3 for 8 at the end.  Last year in that state finals i think we were like 31 for 35 or somewhere close.   Those legs play some in that.  Their heart keeps them going.

This was just game three. Silsbee probably won't see BU again this season.  Coach Green is still learning what he has.  Coach Sigler is still learning about this season's team.  Long season still ahead.  It should be interesting.

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Yes he played had about 8pts i think but honestly the lineup should’ve been ,Kasen,Jakia,Subject,Baker,Pleasant...

sounds like the starting 5, or atleast finishing 5 I would have to. Gotta see how everyone gels together. If they can get Dotson back before the end of the season they will be just fine. It’s an adjustment period for now. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will be full and loaded by mid  to late December. Great win!!

If it's ok with everyone, hope it's ok for the basketball team to be fully loaded after the Christmas break. Would love to see the football team playing deep into December. 

On 25/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, Tigers94 said:

A little off topic and getting way ahead of ourselves here, but man did the UIL grant Argyle a gift by taking them out of region 2 and placing them in region 1. No more competing with Dallas and East Texas schools to make it to state for them.

Region 1 may be a little bit easier, but there is still Lubbock Estacado and Dunbar who just dropped. Argyle may face more difficulty playing the fundamentally sound teams out west. Last year they only beat Lipan, with 95 students in the whole school, by 5 points.

21 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Man...... I agree with a lot of this but Subject is not the best player on BU lol. He doesn't play much defense, that's what got him in the dog house to begin with. Baker and JP I agree with though, maybe because Im a little bias. Tyrese can be lazy though, and Green is old school so that'll get you a first class ticket to the bench. You're not going to trap Kasen like that especially when hes not the only handler.

18 minutes ago, 2020VISION said:

Man...... I agree with a lot of this but Subject is not the best player on BU lol. He doesn't play much defense, that's what got him in the dog house to begin with. Baker and JP I agree with though, maybe because Im a little bias. Tyrese can be lazy though, and Green is old school so that'll get you a first class ticket to the bench. You're not going to trap Kasen like that especially when hes not the only handler.

Defense man who plays defense anymore i saw no one willing to guard Bush. Ask any coach Hs,college or talent evaluator they will tell you Subject has the “potential” to be the best player on United ,it’s in no way a knock on Kasen because he is an excellent guard, this is about projection @ the next level 6’5 intangibles compared to 6’0 isn’t close. Tyrese isn’t lazy from what I’ve seen in the Yates game he was everywhere scoring ,rebounding, blocking shots and then boom back to the bench within 1:30 of play. He has to find a rotation and stick with it trying to play 12-14 guys on that team isn’t gonna work it’s such a thing as being to loaded and they are. As a coach you feel obligated sometimes to play a kid because he is practicing great but at the same you don’t wanna leave you’re staters out if they are playing well. JP doesnt enough touches that kid has great footwork Omar taught him well & you can see it. And yes good coaches will game plan & find ways to make Kasen come off the ball with different schemes don’t be naive & think it can’t happen. They will be fine but in order to beat the good teams you have to be willing to play mutliple styles !!!!!

11 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Defense man who plays defense anymore i saw no one willing to guard Bush. Ask any coach Hs,college or talent evaluator they will tell you Subject has the “potential” to be the best player on United ,it’s in no way a knock on Kasen because he is an excellent guard, this is about projection @ the next level 6’5 intangibles compared to 6’0 isn’t close. Tyrese isn’t lazy from what I’ve seen in the Yates game he was everywhere scoring ,rebounding, blocking shots and then boom back to the bench within 1:30 of play. He has to find a rotation and stick with it trying to play 12-14 guys on that team isn’t gonna work it’s such a thing as being to loaded and they are. As a coach you feel obligated sometimes to play a kid because he is practicing great but at the same you don’t wanna leave you’re staters out if they are playing well. JP doesnt enough touches that kid has great footwork Omar taught him well & you can see it. And yes good coaches will game plan & find ways to make Kasen come off the ball with different schemes don’t be naive & think it can’t happen. They will be fine but in order to beat the good teams you have to be willing to play mutliple styles !!!!!

Subject is nice, but maybe its me being bias again..No one is touching Kasen. I do agree though, there isnt much of an offense over there and they have the talent to blow out Silsbee by 15-20 if they had a system in place. Think Green is having to learn as he goes because Im not sure he knows what he has yet. Justin was with me a few years we ran him at PG some because of his handle and footwork so I know all about that. Tyrese can be very lazy. He was with me too, incredible talent just not sure he has alot of confidence yet. All these kids have to be coached a certain way because with all this talent you have alot of people with expectations of being "the guy"

5 hours ago, 2020VISION said:

Subject is nice, but maybe its me being bias again..No one is touching Kasen. I do agree though, there isnt much of an offense over there and they have the talent to blow out Silsbee by 15-20 if they had a system in place. Think Green is having to learn as he goes because Im not sure he knows what he has yet. Justin was with me a few years we ran him at PG some because of his handle and footwork so I know all about that. Tyrese can be very lazy. He was with me too, incredible talent just not sure he has alot of confidence yet. All these kids have to be coached a certain way because with all this talent you have alot of people with expectations of being "the guy"

But did you Win... lmao :)

On 11/25/2018 at 11:32 AM, BlkMamba24 said:

Silsbee had the best 3 on the court though. Anytime one team has the best 3, I would think they should win. But in reality, Silsbee should NEVER beat any BISD school. Look at the amount of kids enrolled in the schools. It is ridiculous! Subject MIGHT have the most potential on the next level, but he is not the best player on that team. (Kasen is)!! But #4 ate Silsbee up last year and he barely touched the ball this year??? I believe BU has a great chance at making a deep run. I also feel very confident that Silsbee will win state again.