Silsbee 76 Beaumont United 73/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Good team win.  I appreciate everyone's effort.  But,..the next time someone here, on twitter or wherever wants to say Brae Bush is the best to lace em up in a Silsbee uniform I am not going to  debate that at all.  That young man is dynamic.

I overheard the score keeper say he had 33

United has find find an offense to run instead of give the ball to Kasen and rely on him every play. Justin Pleasant ,Jaylen Subject  should get more touches . Defensively they have to get better guys are out there defending the air and not a man. I have so much to elaborate but it’s not enough characters for me to type it all!!!!!

8 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

Haven't been to Westbrook gym in a long time....is it bigger than Beaumont United?

Not sure. Haven't seen United's.

A little off topic and getting way ahead of ourselves here, but man did the UIL grant Argyle a gift by taking them out of region 2 and placing them in region 1. No more competing with Dallas and East Texas schools to make it to state for them.

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Wow sounds like a helluva game..which brings me to my next question 

Is Memoial that good? Or Silsbes had an off night?

I will say this Memorial is good and based just off these 2 games, their big man is better than United’s and he made a big difference. But you also have to know this was a 5 pt or so game with about 3 minutes left,  it blew up at the end.  Also Bush had an off night shooting,  you saw tonight what a difference he can make when he is on.  Add to it that Memorial was our first game our 4 starters played the entire game and lost their legs.  So yes we had an off night in some ways but Memorial is good and will have to be reckoned with. I hope we are both back in SA.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Good team win.  I appreciate everyone's effort.  But,..the next time someone here, on twitter or wherever wants to say Brae Bush is the best to lace em up in a Silsbee uniform I am not going to  debate that at all.  That young man is dynamic.

I hate comparing present and past players.  However i will say this. I tweeted it last night.  There is a video i saw yesterday with Maxey and Bush’s highlights with the title “Maxey vs. Bush”. I know i may be called a fool or compared to picking Sam Bowie over MJ, but I would pick Bush to be on my team over Maxey, yes sure its partly because i am partial.  But the young man can play and he has more heart than anybody out there. He gives 125% every moment of every game. Not dismissing any other players but he is the spark plug.  

36 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

United has find find an offense to run instead of give the ball to Kasen and rely on him every play. Justin Pleasant ,Jaylen Subject  should get more touches . Defensively they have to get better guys are out there defending the air and not a man. I have so much to elaborate but it’s not enough characters for me to type it all!!!!!

I will say this about Harrison,  if he had ended up in Silsbee like was rumored.........it wouldnt have even been fair.  Add him to that group and i dont see how anyone could defend them.

37 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Not sure. Haven't seen United's.

A little off topic and getting way ahead of ourselves here, but man did the UIL grant Argyle a gift by taking them out of region 2 and placing them in region 1. No more competing with Dallas and East Texas schools to make it to state for them.

I missed that one......ugh thats probably the one team i dont like to face.

11 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I hate comparing present and past players.  However i will say this. I tweeted it last night.  There is a video i saw yesterday with Maxey and Bush’s highlights with the title “Maxey vs. Bush”. I know i may be called a fool or compared to picking Sam Bowie over MJ, but I would pick Bush to be on my team over Maxey, yes sure its partly because i am partial.  But the young man can play and he has more heart than anybody out there. He gives 125% every moment of every game. Not dismissing any other players but he is the spark plug.  

Not sure if they moved Regions. To win state, got to play whoever wherever. 

I listened to hoopinsider podcast on periscope when they went over possible 4A playoff teams.  That is where I first heard Argyle had changed regions.  Winning a 3 peat will not be easy at all.  We will deal with that when it comes.

Bush can get his shot anytime he wants to, and he is accurate just about anywhere in the half court.  He has a drive and a will to win that I've never seen in a long time.  If he and everyone stays healthy and he is on his game there's a good chance for the 3 peat to happen.  

It was mentioned in the Hoops Insider preview. Unless they're misinformed, Argyle is region 1. They'll be competing with the likes of Levelland now in their playoff runs.

Anyhow, not sure if Silsbee/Westbrook will be as hyped as United. Silsbee/Central (now United) games are always like this. Silsbee and WB are pretty much strangers to each other now,

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'm not basketball expert, but I dont see anyone playing Silsbee within 10 points in 4A. I know Carter has 3 starters returning, Argyle is always good, and Yates is Yates. 

Wilmer Hutchins is in the same district as Carter and Lincoln.  From what I've heard WH has as much talent as the other two teams.  That is the toughest 4A district by far.  A lot of 6A and 5A teams couldn't hang in that district.  Coach Sigler seems to know all this.  That is why he has his team play a tough non district schedule.

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Wilmer Hutchins is in the same district as Carter and Lincoln.  From what I've heard WH has as much talent as the other two teams.  That is the toughest 4A district by far.  A lot of 6A and 5A teams couldn't hang in that district.  Coach Sigler seems to know all this.  That is why he has his team play a tough non district schedule.

Yes your right!! That district is crazy. Region 2 will beat each other up. We will still have Yates, Connelly, and maybe Navasota to work with.

18 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

It was mentioned in the Hoops Insider preview. Unless they're misinformed, Argyle is region 1. They'll be competing with the likes of Levelland now in their playoff runs.

Anyhow, not sure if Silsbee/Westbrook will be as hyped as United. Silsbee/Central (now United) games are always like this. Silsbee and WB are pretty much strangers to each other now,

They have moved to region 1.