FB Marshall (12-0) vs PNG (9-3)

badndn

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

If I remember right LM had went 3 straight years to the finals, winning once during that time. My original post was in reference to how dominate LM was in the Houston area and nobody gave PNG a chance. PNG rolled into the dome and beat them behind Long and a stout D including the dome rocking hit of Gohlke (RIP). That hit took the soul of La Marque. That's the type of performance needed in this game. Don't see PNG winning a shootout. IMO, PNG will need to win time of possession and have long time consuming drives that end in points, and get some big stops on Defense and couple of turnovers.

Somebody needs to step up on the D and get that old school PNG defense swag back.

Anyone have a video of that hit? I keep hearing about it. 

5 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Not me.  I'm guessing 5-5 or 6-4.  His overall record was 95-64 (.596).  A little better than .500.  I was not a fan of student body right, student body left, 3-step passing game, and punting.  I like scores of 72-69 vs. 3-0.  I get it.  Some like offense, some like defense.

Go Indians.  Peace.

And Shug would not have stayed at PNG. DLong days were because of MLong calling plays. Folks forget how vanilla it was after he left. 

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Anyone have a video of that hit? I keep hearing about it. 

Unfortunately, the hit is not on the video. It was the best 15-yard penalty in PNG history. Lamarque did not want to catch anything over the middle after that hit. At any rate I do have the game on video

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, 1989NDN said:

Not me.  I'm guessing 5-5 or 6-4.  His overall record was 95-64 (.596).  A little better than .500.  I was not a fan of student body right, student body left, 3-step passing game, and punting.  I like scores of 72-69 vs. 3-0.  I get it.  Some like offense, some like defense.

Go Indians.  Peace.

took them to a State Final game. 

I understand that Burnet made players, moms and dads mad over 19 years.  I feel confident that most felt intimidated by his size and demeanor --- and they should be - so after his reassignment everyone who felt wronged by him really became vocal.

BTW another coach had an even lower winning percentage at PNG.  Guy named Bum Phillips.

INDIANS will be ready for this game.  Our defense stepped up last week and will be even better this week. The offense will be even more explosive this week. Sometimes, teams play a LOT harder when they're labled the 'underdog.'  This PNG team is special in so many ways.  Last week at NRG, I witnessed a team of young men that went out and played with all of their heart and soul.  I see the same thing happening this week, only with a LOT MORE heart and soul.  INDIANS...keep on, keeping on! You've GOT THIS!

#SCALP'EM

6 hours ago, Whoa said:

took them to a State Final game. 

I understand that Burnet made players, moms and dads mad over 19 years.  I feel confident that most felt intimidated by his size and demeanor --- and they should be - so after his reassignment everyone who felt wronged by him really became vocal.

BTW another coach had an even lower winning percentage at PNG.  Guy named Bum Phillips.

Why is Coach Burnett’s name even being brought up. He hasn’t coached at PN-G in 10 years...

It’s Over, let it go!

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Boy.... PNG fan is awfully quiet for a team that's playing in the third round this week.

I guess what they say about is really true... "it doesn't matter if we win or lose.... championships don't matter... as long as we beat Nederland."

Go see PNG on Friday and count the fans on the PNG side vs the fans on the FB Marshall side, then come back and tell us we don't care about the game.