WOS vs Jasper - Friday 7:30 @ LAMAR

wo-s#1

21 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

And like I said go ahead and book Lamar and Texan drive for next week depending on the outcome of silsbee and giddings 

According to someone in the Silsbee / Giddings thread, Giddings is playing Quero in semifinals in the Alamodome fri 14th. So you might as well cancel this game .lol Unless Barbay needs to audition for next years Newton job?

10 minutes ago, j_dog said:

Jasper injuries update link:

This is the hidden content, please

Horse collar tackles are illegal I thought?  Anyway please keep Hubbard in your thoughts.  It is a shame for his season to end this way. Here's hoping that the game Friday will be cleanly played and no one gets injured on either side. 

It wasn’t a horse collar tackle 

8 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Yes they are for exact reasons what happened 42. They did flag them on the play. 15 yards doesn't help the young man's well being whatsoever.

Hate that hear that. Prayers for the young man. WOS QB Tyrone Wilson took a helmet to helmet hit in Friday’s game and is uncertain for this week , there was not even a flag thrown. Football is a violet sport, but the officials need to do all they can to protect these kids. There were at least 4 facemasks in our game , a coupe that looked intentional. 

1 hour ago, MMstangfan said:

Hate that hear that. Prayers for the young man. WOS QB Tyrone Wilson took a helmet to helmet hit in Friday’s game and is uncertain for this week , there was not even a flag thrown. Football is a violet sport, but the officials need to do all they can to protect these kids. There were at least 4 facemasks in our game , a coupe that looked intentional. 

I agree that play deserved a penalty at the very least on the hit against Wilson, and I also agree one of those safeties for Sweeny was playing dirty, imo,he had more than one punch I saw in the piles and at least two blatant face masks.  I  was impressed that WO-S players kept their cool throughout.  

7 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

I agree that play deserved a penalty at the very least on the hit against Wilson, and I also agree one of those safeties for Sweeny was playing dirty, imo,he had more than one punch I saw in the piles and at least two blatant face masks.  I  was impressed that WO-S players kept their cool throughout.  

A lot of what you saw from Sweeny was exhaustion. Our coaches noticed how the Sweeny players looked gassed after the first half. WO-S was the better conditioned team and that's a big reason why we won the game in the 4th quarter. It's also a big attribute to WO-S's past success - conditioning. Sweeny was physically wore out. 

12 minutes ago, griff said:

A lot of what you saw from Sweeny was exhaustion. Our coaches noticed how the Sweeny players looked gassed after the first half. WO-S was the better conditioned team and that's a big reason why we won the game in the 4th quarter. It's also a big attribute to WO-S's past success - conditioning. Sweeny was physically wore out. 

I was exhausted today at work and would have liked to have “facemasked” a few folks.  I didn’t know that being tired was an acceptable reason.  They had better hope I am well rested tomorrow!!

15 minutes ago, T-daddy said:

WOS offense already is bad can’t imagine how much worse they can be with a backup QB.... but I hope the starter can play Friday... 

Said the juggernaut that put up 13 last week.

**and had 1 called back, two missed TD passes, three defensive holds....and a PARTIDGE IN A PEAR TREE

13 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

261 yards rushing (without Hunt) against Bellville the DAWGS had.

Bellville? SMH. It’s not like Bellville was going far. Not much to brag about there.  Sometimes events happen that seem significant but really aren’t worth bragging about. Like seeing one of your parents naked.