Silsbee vs Giddings

STigerNation

Giddings has an BIG O-line and a BIG RB, their QB is good likes to run as much as he likes to pass. Their defense is scrappy and has two good LBs, the secondary is suspect. Giddings is a team that is use to pushing teams around and being a big bully. Giddings is a dangerous team. If Silsbee comes out and plays like we have the past six quarters we can win this game, if we stumble just a little it will be anybody's game. TigerNation!!!

5 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

I guess I just better go ahead and book my Motel room in San Antonio for the Giddings / Cuero game, cause you know the internet staff at Dave Cam. knows what there talking about. But shouldn't get to excited cause inspite of the internet Nerds, The kids on the field might have something to say about the outcomes of the games tonight?

Unless you know whats going on in the enter workings of these teams , ( WOS, Silsbee) from beg of season till now, I can see where you might not take them serious?

Actually it's not Giddings, it's Pleasant Valley and Cuero.  Giddings doesn't make it past the quarter final.  That's the standard line anyway. 

The interesting thing about the Tigers is the scores of those first two games.  Those are the kind of scores the highly ranked teams post against second tier early competition.  You've got to conclude that the Tigers are, at least for the next few hours, simply an unknown quantity.  Plus they are playing at the Div II level which is brand new for this team.  Silsbee is used to being tossed into the inevitable Carthage meat grinder.  It's a new world now.  It's possible the Tigers may be one of the best teams in the state in Div II at this point in the season.  

I know one thing.  If I was a Tiger player I'd be totally pumped right now and ready to give more than I have to give.  There's nobody in Div II the likes of Argyle or Carthage or Liberty Hill or even La Vega, Midlothian or Sealy.  Jasper and Cuero are good but not that kind of good.  Div I is stacked but there's no brick wall in Div II this year to stop an inspired Cinderella.

6 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Actually it's not Giddings, it's Pleasant Valley and Cuero.  Giddings doesn't make it past the quarter final.  That's the standard line anyway. 

The interesting thing about the Tigers is the scores of those first two games.  Those are the kind of scores the highly ranked teams post against second tier early competition.  You've got to conclude that the Tigers are, at least for the next few hours, simply an unknown quantity.  Plus they are playing at the Div II level which is brand new for this team.  Silsbee is used to being tossed into the inevitable Carthage meat grinder.  It's a new world now.  It's possible the Tigers may be one of the best teams in the state in Div II at this point in the season.  

I know one thing.  If I was a Tiger player I'd be totally pumped right now and ready to give more than I have to give.  There's nobody in Div II the likes of Argyle or Carthage or Liberty Hill or even La Vega, Midlothian or Sealy.  Jasper and Cuero are good but not that kind of good.  Div I is stacked but there's no brick wall in Div II this year to stop an inspired Cinderella.

I was at the Sealy vs Bellville game this year. Sealy is pretty impressive but I still don’t see them beating Liberty Hill

On 11/30/2018 at 6:11 PM, Footballfan77 said:

yalls opinion on giddings is coming from the liberty game where offensively they lost there starting rb wr and og on the first drive of the game and where left with only there Qb as there only real threat offensively and guess what?? . They still won. It’ll be a different team y’all see Friday. Not taking anything from silsbee but I’m sticking with giddings in This one. 

Stick with em! That way you can go home too!!

On 11/29/2018 at 9:01 AM, aTmfan06 said:

Granted I really feel like the coaches at Giddings don’t think most of that. Yeah I believe the O line part but the best part of Silsbee’s Offense is their RBs. Which would make no sense for the coaches to say that stuff. 

Evidently there is no sense in Giddings as shown by this 38-14 Tiger lead with 7:50 to go.

1 hour ago, Footballfan77 said:

You would be the type to wait and talk crap after the game lol you probably never stepped on a field, it was a great game lots of tough breaks for giddings, silabee is good and has luck on there side, keep it going. 

You are exactly right i will very rarely talk crap before the game. Except usually to those i know.  I wont sit here and try to take anyone lightly this far in the playoffs and normally anywhere in the season.  And yes i did play many years ago.  As far as tough breaks, i think the Tigers gave you plenty of tough breaks.  No rushing game, with all that talk about that big offensive line.  Only big run you had, he got walked down and had the ball punched right out of his hands.  I wont talk crap but wont listen to it on my guys either. Especially when they come out and show you what its all about.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You tired of being wrong?

No, forums are set up for fans opinions. No one is ever right and if they do get it right. Its a guess, a hope or even a prayer. We sit back and voice our opinions. But at the end of the day. Thats why they play the game. #wink

4 minutes ago, KB24 said:

No, forums are set up for fans opinions. No one is ever right and if they do get it right. Its a guess, a hope or even a prayer. We sit back and voice our opinions. But at the end of the day. Thats why they play the game. #wink

So you are saying that it's a guess, a hope or a prayer if I picked West Brook to beat Hull-Daisetta in football, correct?