Silsbee vs Giddings

STigerNation

Talking to the Giddings fans, and according to the Coaches, they are real confident of an easy win. Concerned about the Silsbee speed on Defense, but Def C. says only thing Silsbee does on offense is throw the deep ball, and if they can shut that down, Silsbee has no other scoring threats. He said O line is not very good, running backs are not a factor. Looks like Silsbee gets lucky with a big play now and then, and will score with special teams. Just dont see how an 8-4 team can beat a 11-1 team. G-Town fans are fired up, Just another notch on the way to AT&T Jerry World. 

45 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Talking to the Giddings fans, and according to the Coaches, they are real confident of an easy win. Concerned about the Silsbee speed on Defense, but Def C. says only thing Silsbee does on offense is throw the deep ball, and if they can shut that down, Silsbee has no other scoring threats. He said O line is not very good, running backs are not a factor. Looks like Silsbee gets lucky with a big play now and then, and will score with special teams. Just dont see how an 8-4 team can beat a 11-1 team. G-Town fans are fired up, Just another notch on the way to AT&T Jerry World. 

hahaha all 3 of the Silsbee backs are cold blooded! They will see. Give me Silsbee by 21+

25 minutes ago, bradyb said:

hahaha all 3 of the Silsbee backs are cold blooded! They will see. Give me Silsbee by 21+

Granted I really feel like the coaches at Giddings don’t think most of that. Yeah I believe the O line part but the best part of Silsbee’s Offense is their RBs. Which would make no sense for the coaches to say that stuff. 

1 hour ago, JaspD55 said:

If this was 6 weeks ago i would agree with everything you said. Back then Silsbee relied on big plays to score and couldn’t sustain drives.

since then, passing game has improved some. I still see mostly fade routes and deep balls. But the difference is the running backs are sustaining drives and keeping the chains moving, along with the big play scores here and there. Might need to tell your Giddings buddies to get some updated game film.

Also, comparing scores against Liberty, i wouldn’t be so confident if i was them.

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't see how a team that barely squeezed by Liberty can say they not worried about anyone.  Lol. But whatever floats their boat..

Keep in mind, this is coming from a random poster who said "talking to Giddings fans, coaches are...."

This is like 4th word of mouth lol I wouldn't take it seriously. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Granted I really feel like the coaches at Giddings don’t think most of that. Yeah I believe the O line part but the best part of Silsbee’s Offense is their RBs. Which would make no sense for the coaches to say that stuff. 

I really don’t understand why one would think that Silsbee offensive line is not good. In reality it is one of their strengths, has been all year. 

14 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I really don’t understand why one would think that Silsbee offensive line is not good. In reality it is one of their strengths, has been all year. 

I will say this.  They wasn't very good early in the season, but every game, they have gotten better.  If it was a grade, I'd say the grade would be C- around the PN-G game.  Now and the last 4 or 5 weeks, I'd say B+ or A- ....  Those hogs get after it now and keep it coming.  I dint think they've allowed a sack in Lord knows when and there are minimum runs for loss of yardage...

I truly hope giddings comes back down to earth.first off it's not how ur playing in August but how ur playing in December. I have said this from the start.all 3 of them backs from silsbee are just as gud as hunt.who ran for 374 against w.o.its no knock on him.i think all 3 of the backs from silsbee are just as gud.all of these can take it to the house.ik giddings has some speed.but not as much as silsbee. Close game but if silsbee slow down there run game.silsbee by 14.

1 hour ago, dj said:

I truly hope giddings comes back down to earth.first off it's not how ur playing in August but how ur playing in December. I have said this from the start.all 3 of them backs from silsbee are just as gud as hunt.who ran for 374 against w.o.its no knock on him.i think all 3 of the backs from silsbee are just as gud.all of these can take it to the house.ik giddings has some speed.but not as much as silsbee. Close game but if silsbee slow down there run game.silsbee by 14.

They will come crashing back down to earth by the time the game clock reads :00.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Keep in mind, this is coming from a random poster who said "talking to Giddings fans, coaches are...."

This is like 4th word of mouth lol I wouldn't take it seriously. 

Might be a random poster, but just passing on what is being said around town. Plus half the stuff I heard, is in an article in our local paper, I'm sure Giddings staff is taking a 3d round game serious, but they do have an air of extreme confidence .

Besides I got this thread going again , after being dead for a while. lol

4 hours ago, dj said:

I'll bite on that.  If each of three RB is as good as Hunt then how did Silsbee lose the game to WOS?  3 times 374 would be a lot of yards.

yalls opinion on giddings is coming from the liberty game where offensively they lost there starting rb wr and og on the first drive of the game and where left with only there Qb as there only real threat offensively and guess what?? . They still won. It’ll be a different team y’all see Friday. Not taking anything from silsbee but I’m sticking with giddings in This one. 

Rain chances have dropped off to 10%.  It will be about 70 Deg. at game time. Conditions favor the better team.  But which team is better?  

The internet staff at Dave Campbell's has already written Silsbee and WOS off.  Three out of the four staff writers are taking Jasper over Giddings in Region III.  They have Jasper ranked No. 1 in 4A Div II and they have Giddings ranked at No. 6 in the last regular season poll.  But they write off Giddings and Jasper as well and they all predict that Cuero will beat Pleasant Grove for the 4A Div II championship.

Silsbee and WOS of course are nowhere to be found.  In the statewide chatter Silsbee is pretty much a non-entity.  Our two dazzling wins were outliers played against other also rans and as soon as we face highly ranked competition it's adios Tigers.

The Giddings coaches know that their boys are ranked in the middle of the top 10 and have a good shot at the semifinals.  And they know that Silsbee is fair team and to be taken seriously, but really not in their league.  (anyway I hope they know those things)

21 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Rain chances have dropped off to 10%.  It will be about 70 Deg. at game time. Conditions favor the better team.  But which team is better?  

The internet staff at Dave Campbell's has already written Silsbee and WOS off.  Three out of the four staff writers are taking Jasper over Giddings in Region III.  They have Jasper ranked No. 1 in 4A Div II and they have Giddings ranked at No. 6 in the last regular season poll.  But they write off Giddings and Jasper as well and they all predict that Cuero will beat Pleasant Grove for the 4A Div II championship.

Silsbee and WOS of course are nowhere to be found.  In the statewide chatter Silsbee is pretty much a non-entity.  Our two dazzling wins were outliers played against other also rans and as soon as we face highly ranked competition it's adios Tigers.

The Giddings coaches know that their boys are ranked in the middle of the top 10 and have a good shot at the semifinals.  And they know that Silsbee is fair team and to be taken seriously, but really not in their league.  (anyway I hope they know those things)

I guess I just better go ahead and book my Motel room in San Antonio for the Giddings / Cuero game, cause you know the internet staff at Dave Cam. knows what there talking about. But shouldn't get to excited cause inspite of the internet Nerds, The kids on the field might have something to say about the outcomes of the games tonight?

Unless you know whats going on in the enter workings of these teams , ( WOS, Silsbee) from beg of season till now, I can see where you might not take them serious?