Beaumont West Brook 54 Houston Strake Jesuit 43/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Athletic ability, dude. Wasn't the cosching

82, you are absolutely right. Bad clock management at the end gave Jersuit a chance they should not have had. They had no timeouts. Why did WB call timeout? Wow!!!!!! Torrible!!!!

Other than that, #9 is a beast of a QB. He shreaded Strake Jersuits, with his legs and arm. WB, you all have a fighter here. I mean the whole team. Easily they could’ve laid it down early. You couldn’t have told me y’all were coming back, and it was still the first qt. I immediately thought y’all were our matches. Boy, was I wrong.

Players of the game, #9, #3, #12. They helped you pull this out. But as a team, it was beautiful to watch. The kids left it on the field. You should be proud of this group.

Now as for the Coach, guy, you have to know clock management is a key to finishing a hard fought game. He gets a F for his 2 minute clock management. JMO #9 Belled him out

I'm so glad Brook pulled it out and I'm glad Elia is back to himself from the last 2 years...

And 82, I told you they'd win the second meeting.  But Bro, you're too crucial on the coaching.  Peevey and his staff are pretty darn good.  Trust them and this is what happens.  They're a lot better team now than when you seen the early in the season.  This Brook team has a SERIOUS chance of making it out of the region this year.  Watch and see...

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm so glad Brook pulled it out and I'm glad Elia is back to himself from the last 2 years...

And 82, I told you they'd win the second meeting.  But Bro, you're too crucial on the coaching.  Peevey and his staff are pretty darn good.  Trust them and this is what happens.  They're a lot better team now than when you seen the early in the season.  This Brook team has a SERIOUS chance of making it out of the region this year.  Watch and see...

Other than that last 2mins, they (the coaches) did great. They adjusted well to what Jersuits was doing at first. They backed their linebackers back to support the run. Nice adjustment. Man, Brook QB is rediculously good. How the hell do he hold that ball so long and throw a dime? He’s incredibly talented. It was my first time seeing this kid. He’s got that IT factor. This team does too.   Go Brook!!!!

10 hours ago, rvbulldogs said:

Soulja, you know me. Im hard on my team, and i call it like i see it. Those kids came out in the first half, when i made my statement about coaching, and they were totally unprepared. However, they did make some good in game adjustments, and I give the coaches props for that. This team simply does not quit. The coaching does not always put them in the best situations to win, but their athletic ability can get them out of some bad games. That's what happened last night. Elia put that team on his back, and they got the W. I guess at this point, all that matters is that we get the W. I will say this, overall I have been impressed with Peevey, and his staff, this year. Last night, it looked like they had regressed, a bunch. I suppose not everyone can be Gary Joseph all the time. Regardless, go Bruins!

I have to give credit to the Defensive coaches for making that  in game adjustmentand and to #9 Elia for stepping up as a senior,  with that being said on the offense side the  ball they had a mismatch with #6 for SJ on #12  they finally went to it late in the game,  almost to late!  #6  the cornerback for SJ knees was knocking or backing up 10 yards before the ball was snap. 

45 minutes ago, BigWolf10 said:

Other than that last 2mins, they (the coaches) did great. They adjusted well to what Jersuits was doing at first. They backed their linebackers back to support the run. Nice adjustment. Man, Brook QB is rediculously good. How the hell do he hold that ball so long and throw a dime? He’s incredibly talented. It was my first time seeing this kid. He’s got that IT factor. This team does too.   Go Brook!!!!

See, this justifies my argument for the last 2 years that arguably, he was the best QB in SETX, but many laughed...  

28 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Soulja, you know me. Im hard on my team, and i call it like i see it. Those kids came out in the first half, when i made my statement about coaching, and they were totally unprepared. However, they did make some good in game adjustments, and I give the coaches props for that. This team simply does not quit. The coaching does not always put them in the best situations to win, but their athletic ability can get them out of some bad games. That's what happened last night. Elia put that team on his back, and they got the W. I guess at this point, all that matters is that we get the W. I will say this, overall I have been impressed with Peevey, and his staff, this year. Last night, it looked like they had regressed, a bunch. I suppose not everyone can be Gary Joseph all the time. Regardless, go Bruins!

Yea, you hard on them, but another long time Bruin fan like yourself is sold on the Brook coaching staff.  Time for you to follow suit, my man.  They're not bad.  We don't even need to discuss the kids.  Everyone knows by now that the talent is there.  This is a special group that were watching.  If the defense can come to play EVERY night, you'll get results like this....

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, you hard on them, but another long time Bruin fan like yourself is sold on the Brook coaching staff.  Time for you to follow suit, my man.  They're not bad.  We don't even need to discuss the kids.  Everyone knows by now that the talent is there.  This is a special group that were watching.  If the defense can come to play EVERY night, you'll get results like this....

Agreed, brother.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Fans Can be so critical of coaches like they don't ever have a bad game every lost seems it's on the staff .

3 hours ago, zeroturn said:

Fans Can be so critical of coaches like they don't ever have a bad game every lost seems it's on the staff .

Last nights game, the Coaching was fine. I was confused by their clock management. Jesuits had used its last timeout. WestBrook was in the redzone, 1st down chance to get first down at one. Clock gets down under 2mins. Run the ball, let clock run, set your offense run play with a few seconds on play clock. When he called the timeout, I was like why? He literally gave Jersuits 30 seconds.

Anyway, I hope he notices that phase and work on it. A luck strike, and successful on side kick gives your opponent a chance to beat you. It can happen, I've witnessed it too many times. You have to control that phase of the game if you're the coach. No excuse for that.

Brook won, no foul, on to the next one.