Port Neches-Groves 50 Lindale 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

27 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

No ned got beat by marshall. This is ft bend marshall. I would much rather play marshall like ned did or even hutnsville again than ft.bend but it is What it is

I thought the team Nederland played looked good! They could give us a challenge. well not roschon but we just need more players like RJ when we get further down in playoffs! 

20 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

I thought the team Nederland played looked good! They could give us a challenge. well not roschon but we just need more players like RJ when we get further down in playoffs! 

That game was close. When i got there it was a single score game and 8 mins later marshall has 50 plus points. Towards the end it looked like ned just wanted to go home and get out of there. Ned doesnt have any one star playmaker on O like last year in Latulas and it showed here and against us. No big play guy. Unless kade scott is a D1 prospect coming back from injury and  can run through people like the next big setx thing, its gonna be hard to beat teams who can put up points. I think simmons the past 2 years was Better than any the backs they have now. Their wrs are no connor perkins and latulas either. Those boys could ball.

Lindale was scrappy. Smallest O and D Lines we’ve seen in a while, but they both got after it. We wore them down some second half. Made some good adjustments at half to stop the run. Lindale did a great job on the two drives after trick play of keeping RJ and company off the field with long sustained drives on the ground. Once PNG adjusted it was over. 

Good job by the staff and players. 

RJ ran wild and then used his red-hot right arm to knock-out Lindale.  From the second play of scrimmage in the 1st Q when he ran 60 yards for a TD, everyone on the Lindale sideline knew that RJ was the best player on the field.  The 50-yard bomb to #21 during the 2nd Q was a laser that crushed any hopes of a Lindale win.  Nice job by the defensive coaching staff at halftime to make adjustments and shut down the Lindale run game.  Solid game by defenders #25, #90, #47, #55, #42, and #4 (nice INT and return).  The Indian defensive unit played very well in the second half.  Nice job, Coach Templin and D-staff.

FB Marshall is next.  Tough game.  PN-G will need its best effort of the year to have a shot at the W.  No penalties or turnovers, give RJ some running lanes and time to throw, and make a few stops on defense.  Do all of that and let's see what happens.  Play your game, Indians and we'll add up the score at the end and see where we stand.

Go Indians.  Peace.