Marshall 62 Nederland 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

Great season dogs. The score of the game doesn’t do justice of the game. 24-28 start of the 4th... Wheels just completely fell off. 

Best of luck to Marshall next week against Huntsville. 

Bright bright future for Nederland Lots of freshman and sophomores got quality playing time all year and helped out a lot, futures bright at the LAND

I would like to say congratulations Bulldogs on a great season and an excellent game. So sorry so many of your players were injured. May have been a different game. Don’t much care for running score up but in defense of our team the second string was in and everyone heard how y’all always make a big comeback I believe the coach was afraid to take a chance. I’m sure the Bulldogs will make noise in the playoffs next year! Everyone please be careful on their trip home! 

Replacements did what they could. Hat's off to the young crew. Tough challenge for them. Mojo is a funny thing. Minus the second half miscues and I think it's a closer game. With a team like Marshall, you have to play near perfect. Dogs were doing that until second half. Can't wait to see Marshall and Huntsville....

10 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Man, they were right there.  Reminds me of the Elgin Crosby game years ago at Sam Houston.  When it goes bad it goes bad fast.  Way to fight Dawgs, you guys were right there.

Those twins from Elgin were something else... I wonder what happen to the Simmons twins. The RB one that night had like 5-6 touchdowns. I remember that game

Nederland went down fighting, kicking, and scrapping.  The Dogs played an excellent first half.  The game plan was solid and the kids executed.  Give credit to Monte Barrow and the coaching staff.  Nederland was well coached for the game.  Turnovers, the break down on kick-off coverage, a loss of momentum (the INT returned for a TD), and Marshall’s talent took over in the 4th Q.

The Nederland players and fans should focus on the positives.  Co-District Champs, 10-win season, and lots of returning players on both sides of the ball.

Specifics about the Marshall game.  #11 battled until his injury, #1 can sling the ball around, solid OL play, and an excellent fake punt in the 2nd Q…great call, nice design, and executed perfectly.  It gave the Dogs some momentum before the half.  Unfortunately, the Mavs grabbed ‘ol Mo in the second half.

Fun game to watch at NRG before the Indians rolled Lindale.

Go Indians.  Peace.

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Question for dog fans what happened to #11 Fernandez kid was running the offense and moving the ball the first half one drive in the aecond and doesn’t play rest of the game. (He was holding his helmet so I assumed he was okay.) 

From what some of the Nederland players told us he injured his hand chorizo can elaborate better than I can though