Henderson 41 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

This was just not a good matchup for Lumberton. Henderson had a clear athletic advantage and Lumbertons one dimensional offense was tailor made for Hendo's D. I give y'alls coachs credit...they knew (imo) they were over matched so they tried to shorten the game by draining the play clock...they took chances by going for it on several fourth downs...they faked a punt and recovered an onside kick to start the second half. I know it was disappointing today but nothing wrong with making it a couple rounds into the playoffs. Keep working hard and next year maybe the results will be different. One more thing...95% of the Lumberton fans stayed to the very end of the game...kudos.

16 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Do you realize that in 2014 coach Haynes ran the spread and went 3-7. Babin came in the next year with pretty much the same offensive players and implemented the pistol, ran the ball as much as we ran this year, and was 8-4. Spread offense and passing has never worked in Lumberton 

Interesting fact, I think Boykin’s Dad was the leading passer for Lumberton in their district in 1985...

13 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

This was just not a good matchup for Lumberton. Henderson had a clear athletic advantage and Lumbertons one dimensional offense was tailor made for Hendo's D. I give y'alls coachs credit...they knew (imo) they were over matched so they tried to shorten the game by draining the play clock...they took chances by going for it on several fourth downs...they faked a punt and recovered an onside kick to start the second half. I know it was disappointing today but nothing wrong with making it a couple rounds into the playoffs. Keep working hard and next year maybe the results will be different. One more thing...95% of the Lumberton fans stayed to the very end of the game...kudos.

Lumberton players and coaches prepared the best they could and fought hard but the better team won. Henderson was bigger, faster and stronger than Lumberton.  Could we have won? Absolutely, and that's why we play the game. We fought hard, took some chances but came up short. It's very similar to this thing called LIFE.  Our soph QB did a great job all season after being thrust into being the starter early in the season. A receiver became our starting RB(and a damn good one), coaches changed the offense mid-year and everyone learned to fight their asses off to overcome challenges. Isn't that what high school athletics is supposed to be about? Teaching kids life lessons so they can grow into hard working, respectable young men & women capable of making a positive contribution to this world.  We do these young men a disservice and prevent them from becoming what they could be, when we blame coaches, the offensive scheme, the refs, the announcer and anything else we disagree with. If we want to win more games, try encouraging these boys to spend more time in the weight room, on the track/field/hills, at the meal table and spending less time playing video games, on social media, drinking soda and vaping. Let's quit looking for someone else to blame for our own shortcomings. The worst thing we can do as parents and leaders is to teach these kids to become Victims. We have enough victim mentality in this world already.  

Good win Henderson. Good season Raiders. Keep working hard and getting better. 

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Lumberton players and coaches prepared the best they could and fought hard but the better team won. Henderson was bigger, faster and stronger than Lumberton.  Could we have won? Absolutely, and that's why we play the game. We fought hard, took some chances but came up short. It's very similar to this thing called LIFE.  Our soph QB did a great job all season after being thrust into being the starter early in the season. A receiver became our starting RB(and a damn good one), coaches changed the offense mid-year and everyone learned to fight their asses off to overcome challenges. Isn't that what high school athletics is supposed to be about? Teaching kids life lessons so they can grow into hard working, respectable young men & women capable of making a positive contribution to this world.  We do these young men a disservice and prevent them from becoming what they could be, when we blame coaches, the offensive scheme, the refs, the announcer and anything else we disagree with. If we want to win more games, try encouraging these boys to spend more time in the weight room, on the track/field/hills, at the meal table and spending less time playing video games, on social media, drinking soda and vaping. Let's quit looking for someone else to blame for our own shortcomings. The worst thing we can do as parents and leaders is to teach these kids to become Victims. We have enough victim mentality in this world already.  

This bolded part of this post should be printed out, framed and put on every athlete’s and parent’s wall. 

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Preach!

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

This bolded part of this post should be printed out, framed and put on every athlete’s and parent’s wall. 

Out of likes.

15 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Now this is good! Wish more had this attitude!

Everyone can say all they want about hitting the gym, learning life lessons and any other quote you can come up with.  It still doesn't change the fact the offense is one dimensional.  I'm not saying they need to run the spread but mix it up a little.  This is not just on the varsity level if any one attended the Freshmen of JV games it was nothing but run, maybe throw the football once or twice a game.  I promise opposing Defensive Coordinators know whats coming when they play Lumberton it's not hard to figure out.  When you can't score a point against LCM something is wrong.  I know everyone is calling the season a huge success but lets be honest this was a .500 team, and only reason Lumberton made the playoffs is because 4 out of 6 teams go which is ridiculous.  Lumberton also lucked out playing the weakest district in the state in the first round.  How many other programs run the read option?  There are a lot of them in high school and college but they are able to pass the ball a little, so why can't Lumberton?  I think it is because certain people are so arrogant and want to prove their way is right they will not even consider any kind of change.  

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Everyone can say all they want about hitting the gym, learning life lessons and any other quote you can come up with.  It still doesn't change the fact the offense is one dimensional.  I'm not saying they need to run the spread but mix it up a little.  This is not just on the varsity level if any one attended the Freshmen of JV games it was nothing but run, maybe throw the football once or twice a game.  I promise opposing Defensive Coordinators know whats coming when they play Lumberton it's not hard to figure out.  When you can't score a point against LCM something is wrong.  I know everyone is calling the season a huge success but lets be honest this was a .500 team, and only reason Lumberton made the playoffs is because 4 out of 6 teams go which is ridiculous.  Lumberton also lucked out playing the weakest district in the state in the first round.  How many other programs run the read option?  There are a lot of them in high school and college but they are able to pass the ball a little, so why can't Lumberton?  I think it is because certain people are so arrogant and want to prove their way is right they will not even consider any kind of change.  

Run, pass or whatever they would have done would not change the fact we will always have people like y’all on this site! True fact!! 

Football banquet Is coming up, I ask you and Coach#23 to attend and introduce yourself to the coaches and team and let them know y’all expertise in football. Heck Babin I’m sure would let you guys/girls be a  special speaker at the banquet  

Not a single coach or player has said this was a succeful year. So until you hear that from them STHU and set in the stands or behind a keyboard and do what you do. Our we proud of our boys  absolutely nothing wrong with that!! 

Maybe you need to read athleticsupporter-jock post..

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Wow, so you do realize it probably would have taken less time to go up to the school and talk to Babin face to face than it did to create an account just to come on here and blast him. Arrogant? Get out of here with that crap! I’ve seen at least 3 or 4 times over the past few years him change up his offensive formations and schemes based upon personnel and injuries. Including Friday.

Speaking of Friday, were you there? Did you not see the HUGE size advantage that they had on us? What about the difference in athletic ability and speed? Man I love the Raiders but I knew from the moment we set foot on the field that we didn’t have a chance becuase of how outmanned we were. That’s why we lost. Call it coaching if you want, I guess that’s a lot easier to blame an adult instead of speaking the truth. Their whole defensive line and linebackers were about as big if not bigger than our biggest player that we have (#23). Yeah let that sink in. But of course you won’t acknowledge that fact in your expert analysis. 

Heres the bottom line truth: our players were nowhere near as good or big or fast as Henderson players.

In 50 years of playing football, we have literally had two coaches who made us competitive- Coach’s credeuer and coach Babin. Every single other coach was below average, mediocre at best. But here we are complaining about going 6-6 as opposed to 2-8.. Lumberton people are ridiculous. Did you expect a state championship?

8 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

Run, pass or whatever they would have done would not change the fact we will always have people like y’all on this site! True fact!! 

Football banquet Is coming up, I ask you and Coach#23 to attend and introduce yourself to the coaches and team and let them know y’all expertise in football. Heck Babin I’m sure would let you guys/girls be a  special speaker at the banquet  

Not a single coach or player has said this was a succeful year. So until you hear that from them STHU and set in the stands or behind a keyboard and do what you do. 

Going and speaking with coach Babin would make too much sense. Don’t you know it’s a lot easier to bash a coach and his character on a website? Cowards 

2 hours ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Obviously you don’t keep up with stats are you would know LCM defense had the best defense points against everyone in our district. I’m not saying we are WOS aka chain gang but at times in district we were pretty decent at times. Our offense is what hurt us the most. Are you Lumberton fan? Because we can go back to the history of past games lol The fact is Lumberton was one diminsional but Coach Babin figured  he could shove the ball down everyone throat and limit passing which worked with most teams until he came across a gap discipline teams. When Lumberton passed it was intercepted so why give us the ball more? Coach Babin worked with the kids he had on the team. 

10 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

From what I have seen over the last 5 years the 4AD1 teams from SETX just do not match up athletically with ET. Im not sure why. Maybe it is just cyclical. Btw, that Van-Henderson game is going to be 4 quarters of knock down, drag out football. 

I agree. We played Carthage I think they beat us 10-0. That’s the closes we have been. We have beat Nacodoches in this past decade. But the last time we beat east Texas team in the playoffs was White House in 1997 

5 hours ago, LC-M said:

I agree. We played Carthage I think they beat us 10-0. That’s the closes we have been. We have beat Nacodoches in this past decade. But the last time we beat east Texas team in the playoffs was White House in 1997 

We beat Center in the first round in 16... Silsbee gave Carthage all that they wanted that year, too, if my memory is correct.

Consistently, no. 

Lumberton is like a lot of other schools here. BC, LiCk’eM, etc... Kids aren’t groomed to be qbs, and it’s not a skillset you can start to develop once you actually start to get some attentive coaching in high school. Trust me... if Babin had a kid with an arm and an ability to read defenses, they’d be mixing in some passing plays.  

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We beat Center in the first round in 16... Silsbee gave Carthage all that they wanted that year, too, if my memory is correct.

Consistently, no. 

Lumberton is like a lot of other schools here. BC, LiCk’eM, etc... Kids aren’t groomed to be qbs, and it’s not a skillset you can start to develop once you actually start to get some attentive coaching in high school. Trust me... if Babin had a kid with an arm and an ability to read defenses, they’d be mixing in some passing plays.  

We have a kid coming up that looks like he has a good arm. LCM should be a lot better next year 

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Consistently, no. 

Thank you. You’re last statement is spot on. I know this to be true becuase when we had Yarbo a few years back we threw the ball more. Bridges would have been a better passing threat this year had he not been injured. 

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Thank you. You’re last statement is spot on. I know this to be true becuase when we had Yarbo a few years back we threw the ball more. Bridges would have been a better passing threat this year had he not been injured. 

In watched QB1 on Netflix and they followed 3 top qb prospects during their senior years. It’s amazing to see talented kids who are actually being trained to be qbs. 

I’d love to see a progression of kids from BC that were capable of running our Slot T AND coordinating a passing attack... kinda like the Pleasant Grove team that beat WOS for the SC last year. 

If you go back and look at our team for the last few... Junior Shugart was the guy in 13... he was drafted by Boston last year. Great pitcher, qb as an afterthought. 14 saw Shugart sit out his senior year with a shoulder injury. Qb was sophomore Trahan until he was hurt at LCM... middle linebacker Dearing finished the season at qb. That was our last year in the spread. 

15 saw Big Dubois under center, but without much of an arm. Strong runner, great game manager, though. Trahan was back at linebacker. 16 had Trahan back under center as a senior.  He was a kid with limited ability and back at qb after playing D his junior year and missing most of his sophomore season in a different offense. 

17 we got Little Dubois in his senior year and he wasn’t a passing threat, to put it nicely. I felt like Skinner was probably a better arm, but Dubois knew the offense. Skinner was back for his senior season in 18 and probably showed the best arm that we’ve seen in the last 5-6 years, but he didn’t have a supporting cast or any size. 

I’d lose my mind if we had a kid with a decent arm who (like Jake Frohm(sp)) had two older brothers also played quarterback... then got 2-3 seasons in the offense. I’d love to see kids who actually wanted to play qb at BC, and had folks that made sure that the kids were progressing like our pitchers progress. 

I’m guessing that Lum and LCM would benefit from the same. 

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In watched QB1 on Netflix and they followed 3 top qb prospects during their senior years. It’s amazing to see talented kids who are actually being trained to be qbs. 

I’d love to see a progression of kids from BC that were capable of running our Slot T AND coordinating a passing attack... kinda like the Pleasant Grove team that beat WOS for the SC last year. 

If you go back and look at our team for the last few... Junior Shugart was the guy in 13... he was drafted by Boston last year. Great pitcher, qb as an afterthought. 14 saw Shugart sit out his senior year with a shoulder injury. Qb was sophomore Trahan until he was hurt at LCM... middle linebacker Dearing finished the season at qb. That was our last year in the spread. 

15 saw Big Dubois under center, but without much of an arm. Strong runner, great game manager, though. Trahan was back at linebacker. 16 had Trahan back under center as a senior.  He was a kid with limited ability and back at qb after playing D his junior year and missing most of his sophomore season in a different offense. 

17 we got Little Dubois in his senior year and he wasn’t a passing threat, to put it nicely. I felt like Skinner was probably a better arm, but Dubois knew the offense. Skinner was back for his senior season in 18 and probably showed the best arm that we’ve seen in the last 5-6 years, but he didn’t have a supporting cast or any size. 

I’d lose my mind if we had a kid with a decent arm who (like Jake Frohm(sp)) had two older brothers also played quarterback... then got 2-3 seasons in the offense. I’d love to see kids who actually wanted to play qb at BC, and had folks that made sure that the kids were progressing like our pitchers progress. 

I’m guessing that Lum and LCM would benefit from the same. 

We had a good qb my senior year who was a three year starter. Strong arm, accurate, and he liked running people over as well. Good qbs like that don’t come around every year in Lumberton. Teams like PNG and Nederland seem to always have a good qb.

• Bigdog locked this topic