Henderson 41 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Lumberton Raiders look to continue their Class 4A, Division I journey as they take on the Henderson Lions in area round play this afternoon.  Chris Babin's Raiders, 6-5 on the season, defeated Houston Wheatley 38-21 to advance to this round.  Meanwhile, Henderson, 7-4 on the season and the #3 seed out of District 10-4A-I, reached this round with a 31-24 bi-district win over Crandall.

The winner of this will face the winner of the Splendora/Van game.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Dragon Stadium in Nacogdoches beginning at 12:45 with the Eastex Credit Union Pregame Show followed by the kickoff at 1 by clicking the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Lumberton Raider Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Looks almost like that LCM vs Lum game this year. Gotta step up 

I would say we played below our ability against LCM, this team here is just plain better. Big boys on defense and big athletes on offense that are breaking big runs every time they cut it outside (which is like every play now that they figured it out lol). We’re hurting ourselves with penalties and I feel we could have scored on the first drive without 2 false starts and an intentional grounding, but other than that we are just out manned. No shame in losing to a better team.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I would say we played below our ability against LCM, this team here is just plain better. Big boys on defense and big athletes on offense that are breaking big runs every time they cut it outside (which is like every play now that they figured it out lol). We’re hurting ourselves with penalties and I feel we could have scored on the first drive without 2 false starts and an intentional grounding, but other than that we are just out manned. No shame in losing to a better team.

They always have good players over there

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

If y’all could throw the ball. The game would be a different game imo. Y’all might not win but it would atleast open things up

We had a wide open td on the first drive but our qb was running for his life and then floated it to him and almost got picked off. We don’t have the personnel to throw more. We’ve ran some different formations on offense, done some under center stuff. But it is what it is. Gotta have the players to do it.

4 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Gotta have a coach that wants to throw it. Develop the players. Babin just wants to run it. Koch and Carr are capable receivers. Got a 6-7 TE that may get 1 look a game. Get the running backs involved. Screen game. Not that complicated. Its not the kids, its the system. 

Agreed, his system is Fisher-Price at best. I do believe Chumperton has some athletes. Just need a system that utilizes them. Being one of the largest in the Division should not make for a 2nd round exit...

• Bigdog locked this topic