Grandview 42 Woodville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

25 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Why does everyone seemed shocked when a one dimensional team loses? If your a fan, you should be making that statement 3 years ago. One dimensional teams rarely win in the big dance. Woodville has the athletes.  Several quarterbacks need to be developed to make a change for a different outcome. 

Truth. I concur. 

Woodville was out-coached and took a good ole fashion butt whoopin. I hate to say it, but we may have needed it. Woodville was much more athletic than Grandview. It's amazing how much a well-coached QB and brilliantly designed offensive scheme can do for a team. Well done Grandview. I like them over Franklin next week.

How were the last three years wasted though? This staff has given several young men free rides to college, completed the first ever undefeated regular season, doubled our number of total playoff wins, broken our record for total wins in  a season twice, won 3 straight district championships, won 22 straight district games, and SHATTERED every rushing record but single-game yardage. There's more but you get my point. Look at a more broad view. State championships should be every team's seasonal goal, yes. But sending kids to college and keeping them off the streets is far and above a more rewarding accomplishment. We've got alot of work to do, but we're headed in the right direction for sure.

When it comes to the offense, you all have expressed the right sentiment numerous times. The development of a passing game, which begins with the development of a QB from an early age. Grandview showed what a QB with a great football IQ and a reliable arm can do for a team.

On the bright side..... Our 8th grade QB can air it out and drops back to pass more each game than the varsity did all season. Next year will be a rebuilding year, if there is such a thing at the high school level, but trust and believe that there is a wealth of talent coming up in the next 2-5 years.

Wrong again on every account. The more you talk the worse it gets . I have talked to the kids and parents of all the age groups mentioned. They all say they’re not developing  QBs in the lower level just putting the previous youth qb in that played when he was 10. All kids have to be looked at even the ones you think are linemen. Put them on the field see who has the arm and who doesn’t. This game was like watching mike Tyson fighting pee wee Herman tied and blind folded. While pee wee beat him with a ax handle. Find someone who can coach more than 1 scheme. The group you mentioned above is a spread team Double wing won’t work for them . If a coach is 1 dementional move on. 

2 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Woodville was out-coached and took a good ole fashion butt whoopin. I hate to say it, but we may have needed it. Woodville was much more athletic than Grandview. It's amazing how much a well-coached QB and brilliantly designed offensive scheme can do for a team. Well done Grandview. I like them over Franklin next week.

How were the last three years wasted though? This staff has given several young men free rides to college, completed the first ever undefeated regular season, doubled our number of total playoff wins, broken our record for total wins in  a season twice, won 3 straight district championships, won 22 straight district games, and SHATTERED every rushing record but single-game yardage. There's more but you get my point. Look at a more broad view. State championships should be every team's seasonal goal, yes. But sending kids to college and keeping them off the streets is far and above a more rewarding accomplishment. We've got alot of work to do, but we're headed in the right direction for sure.

Franklin has a good pass d and a very good run d... It will be a good game next week

High school football and basketball is all about matchups. Even more so in the smaller classifications. No matter who you schedule preseason by the 3rd round of the playoffs there's nothing left in it but pretty good teams. Woodville had a good club this year. They weren't good enough to win state but they have a lot of company. They should be congratulated on a great year. Anyone advocating changing coaches should look around and see what everyone else is doing. The guy has turned the program around. Enjoy the success with him. Congrats Eagles on a great season.

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin has a good pass d and a very good run d... It will be a good game next week

I never doubted that it will be a great game lol I just think Grandview will be able to spread the defense enough to allow their QB to pick apart Franklin's secondary either through the air or on the ground with their triple option. It'll be a great game though. No doubt.

7 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I never doubted that it will be a great game lol I just think Grandview will be able to spread the defense enough to allow their QB to pick apart Franklin's secondary either through the air or on the ground with their triple option. It'll be a great game though. No doubt.

No Franklin won’t let 1 person beat them. Game over at halftime. Franklin 63 Grandview 14

21 minutes ago, whsalum said:

High school football and basketball is all about matchups. Even more so in the smaller classifications. No matter who you schedule preseason by the 3rd round of the playoffs there's nothing left in it but pretty good teams. Woodville had a good club this year. They weren't good enough to win state but they have a lot of company. They should be congratulated on a great year. Anyone advocating changing coaches should look around and see what everyone else is doing. The guy has turned the program around. Enjoy the success with him. Congrats Eagles on a great season.

District championships are a dime a dozen . A good coach will throw that trophy in the garbage to go more than 3 rounds deep. Another thing our middle school kid are better suited to run the spread. They have look at all the kids not just the ones they think are QB material. The only time they know what a Qb looks like is when he is beating them like they stole something.

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

District championships are a dime a dozen . A good coach will throw that trophy in the garbage to go more than 3 rounds deep. Another thing our middle school kid are better suited to run the spread. They have look at all the kids not just the ones they think are QB material. The only time they know what a Qb looks like is when he is beating them like they stole something.

I guess you missed the part where I said there was alot of talent coming up for Woodville. You also may want to research the backgrounds of some of the coaches on our staff before you make the comments referring to their knowledge of the QB position lol

Franklin runs the same offense we run with some Wing T mixed in . Woodville has been a place that has never been very good at anything consistently year in and year out . They have had flash in the pan seasons with various Teams in both boys and girls Teams. One State Championship in Basball . Maybe, the community does not know how to expect Winning and not tolerate anything less. That put expectations  on the kids and not blame on the Coaches. Coach Rob and staff took us out of the gutter and Winning is a expectation . Before now 4th place and Tshirt was welcomed ! Get behind the Kids and Coaches ! 

5 hours ago, longball24 said:

No if y’all have what I think you have it will be over by halftime. The most unathletic team you can imagine. No size no speed less than 20 kids suit up so no depth. 

I have some family from GV and went to the game. 

Well that "un-athletic" team made it look easy to get past a supposed "athletic" team.  All y'all want to do is talk y'alls offense, (which you knew you were in trouble when you had to resort to a halfback pass on the first drive to score right?), but what about your defense?  If y'all were some much more athletic couldn't you find 4 to 5 guys to man up on the backs and receivers and stop them?  Oh that's right, y'all tried.......and those Zebras still ran past y'all into the endzone....alllll...niiiightt...lloooooong... All week I heard about how much more size and power Woodville had.and y'all got worked over in the trenches on both sides.  Wouldn't a more "athletic" team be able to handle such a small, under-sized, "un-athletic" o-line and d-line? Don't put down another team after you get it handed to you.  Take it like a man and focus on yours and not putting down others.

10 hours ago, longball24 said:

If you haven’t noticed this game stirred me up . I hope the kids get an apology from the coaches for how this game turned out. There are no excuses .

That's much more reasonable of a response. I understand your frustration, believe me. It is warranted, but coaches grow and develope just like players. Maybe this taught them something too.

17 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Why does everyone seemed shocked when a one dimensional team loses? If your a fan, you should be making that statement 3 years ago. One dimensional teams rarely win in the big dance. Woodville has the athletes.  Several quarterbacks need to be developed to make a change for a different outcome. 

I agree with you however no high school program will invest 3 years into developing a different offense. It would take revamping the 7th Offense & teaching that grade level a new offense. 

I don’t think anyone from a school would welcome say... Woodville to go 6-4 for 2 or 3 years to run a modified Double Wing T like Pleasant Grove's does 

I’m sure their parents would be going crazy as soon as a team goes 3 & out on pass for a qrt and as soon as that happens they would be screaming why are we changing when the double wing t works just fine. 

22 hours ago, longball24 said:

No if y’all have what I think you have it will be over by halftime. The most unathletic team you can imagine. No size no speed less than 20 kids suit up so no depth. 

Ask Manvel about how a Non-athletic Highland Park defeated them last year! These 3a centex teams aren't always the most athletic by any means but their football iQ seems to be far above and beyond what some are accustom to 

On 11/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, longball24 said:

Wrong again on every account. The more you talk the worse it gets . I have talked to the kids and parents of all the age groups mentioned. They all say they’re not developing  QBs in the lower level just putting the previous youth qb in that played when he was 10. All kids have to be looked at even the ones you think are linemen. Put them on the field see who has the arm and who doesn’t. This game was like watching mike Tyson fighting pee wee Herman tied and blind folded. While pee wee beat him with a ax handle. Find someone who can coach more than 1 scheme. The group you mentioned above is a spread team Double wing won’t work for them . If a coach is 1 dementional move on. 

Sounds like you need to get out there and coach them to a state championship since you know everyone and everything... 

15 minutes ago, Trickplay1 said:

Sounds like you need to get out there and coach them to a state championship since you know everyone and everything... 

Cameron Yoe.    Lose.     Rockdale.   Lose.  Grandview.   Lose.   Did I forget to mention HISTORY REPEATED ITSELF AGAIN. The first time I ever heard the ladies in the stands complaining about what was happening on the field. Now there are many of the jr high and underclass men doubting the system. No progress made. I used to think it took both athletes and coaches to win . I now admit I was wrong. It is 90 percent coaching 10 percent athletes.  

25 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Cameron Yoe.    Lose.     Rockdale.   Lose.  Grandview.   Lose.   Did I forget to mention HISTORY REPEATED ITSELF AGAIN. The first time I ever heard the ladies in the stands complaining about what was happening on the field. Now there are many of the jr high and underclass men doubting the system. No progress made. I used to think it took both athletes and coaches to win . I now admit I was wrong. It is 90 percent coaching 10 percent athletes.  

The players play the game. Every play is designed to get a first down or td. If you don’t think that a grown man with mouths to feed at home is not doing his best to put his team in a position to win then your mistaken.