Grandview 42 Woodville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Woodville Eagles look to take another step in their Class 3A, Division I playoff journey as they take on the Grandview Zebras in area round play!  Ty Robinson's Eagles, 11-0 on the season, advanced to this round with a 34-7 win over Coldspring-Oakhurst.  Meanwhile, the Zebra's, 9-2 on the season and District 9-3A-I runnerup, advanced to this round with a 45-21 win over defending state champ Rockdale.

The winner of this game with face the winner of the Franklin/Troy area round game, which is being played tonight at 7 in Waco.

Join Jordan Wilson for all of the action from TMF Rose Stadium in Tyler beginning with the Eastex Credit Union Pregame Show at 6:45 followed by the kickoff at 7 by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Join Woodville Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

Halftime

Woodville 14

Grandview 28

Grandview heating it up on offense. Mainly on the ground. The QB makes the entire team. Without him at QB/S, this isn't a contest. He makes the offense work as effectively as it does. Woodville has made a few stupid mistakes and given up a couple big plays for scores. Woodville needs to step it up on the offensive line and adjust to the fast-paced Grandview offense.

6 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Halftime

Woodville 14

Grandview 28

Grandview heating it up on offense. Mainly on the ground. The QB makes the entire team. Without him at QB/S, this isn't a contest. He makes the offense work as effectively as it does. Woodville has made a few stupid mistakes and given up a couple big plays for scores. Woodville needs to step it up on the offensive line and adjust to the fast-paced Grandview offense.

You could probably say without Woodvilles stud RB then it wouldn’t be a contest either. I mean you can’t really say “oh well without these two it isn’t a contes”. I mean it’s small school football. Of course one or two players have a huge impact. For the record I picked Woodville to win this game. So let’s turn it around eagles

20 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

Woodville needs to change their pre season schedule. They consistently run into this problem of going out early in playoffs. What good is an undefeated record if you go out in the 2nd round? 

Our preseason was tougher than Jasper's and we have half the enrollment !  You need to review the Schedules of both Team's .  We play up in classification in preseason . How games did Jasper play up in classification in preseason ?

7 minutes ago, Woodville89 said:

Our preseason was tougher than Jasper's and we have half the enrollment !  You need to review the Schedules of both Team's .  We play up in classification in preseason . How games did Jasper play up in classification in preseason ?

No one predicted our preseason schedule would turn out the way it was & even still you guys didnt face anyone near the caliber of WOS. Woodville is a area team so i root for you guys but its looks bad when you continually have a good regular season record but not even a viable playoff threat. 

Agree completely what a waste of time the last 3 years have been. All of a sudden we have a sorry o line. Line did a tremendous job Grandview kept 11 men in the box no deeper than 8 yards of the ball with various stunt packages. They were not going to allow us to run the ball any passing game at all would have made a huge difference. Start over from square 1 again. I almost forgot . HISTORY REPEATED ITSELF AGAIN.

49 minutes ago, Hazer said:

I mean what do you expect all you have to do is stop the run Woodville completed one pass last night and it was by the Running back like are you serious 

Yes. Grandview by no means had the athletes we had, but when you are one dimensional that makes it very easy to win a game. No adjustments. No safeties deep. I could of easily took the team and won that game. Kept running in the middle and getting stuffed. The DBs had it easy all night. They just blitz on the outside and keyed on the backs. It was not a shock that we did and were losing. When you are winning big in district, that is when try to throw the ball to get better. Oh well girls BB will be in San Antonio. Will root for all the other area teams and good luck!!

The Coach has brought 30 wins in the last 3 years. That’s more than previous 6 years. Yes the passing game needs to be better, or even existent. No team will win it all running the ball every play. What do you do though? It’s what they run and feel comfortable doing. Throwing the ball is uncomfortable to a lot of smalls schools in setx.