Ivanka Trump's use of personal email

Bobcat1

Once again, it's a Left vs Right circus. The Left wants to punish the Right for something their beloved Hilary did 1000 times over. At the same time, the Right wants to defend someone who did something wrong by pointing the finger at the Left and saying, "Well, we didn't do something near as bad as y'all...".

Some things never change. The truth is, Hilary should face a firing squad, and Ivanka should possibly have her privileges removed. They were both wrong in varying degrees.

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Once again, it's a Left vs Right circus. The Left wants to punish the Right for something their beloved Hilary did 1000 times over. At the same time, the Right wants to defend someone who did something wrong by pointing the finger at the Left and saying, "Well, we didn't do something near as bad as y'all...".

Some things never change. The truth is, Hilary should face a firing squad, and Ivanka should have her privileges removed. They were both wrong in varying degrees.

Can you give us an explanation of what she did wrong and what rules she has broken?

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Which one

Who, Hilary or Ivanka?

Ivanka.   Be specific...there hasn't been any kind of investigation and you are already wanting to have her privileges revoked.

Maybe she's guilty of doing what every staffer has always done, but don't you think you need more evidence than what you have read in the news to revoke her clearance?

Or do you have inside knowledge we don't at this time?

I don't know if I have anymore knowledge than you. I can tell you what I know as public record:

According to the Presidential Records Act, senior White House staff members are required to preserve their professional communications, with the records eventually transferred to the National Archives. Electronic communications outside of official channels, such as private email or text messages on a staffer's personal phone, are supposed to be copied to a government account within 20 days.

By her lawyer's own admission, she wasn't clear on the rules at first. She used a private account to discuss White House business.

Now, I didn't say what privileges should be removed. You are assuming she should have her "clearance" revoked (whatever that means...).

The more you listen and absorb, and the less you just "knee-jerk" react, the better off you'll be. It's ok. Republicans (which I am) make mistakes too.

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't know if I have anymore knowledge than you. I can tell you what I know as public record:

According to the Presidential Records Act, senior White House staff members are required to preserve their professional communications, with the records eventually transferred to the National Archives. Electronic communications outside of official channels, such as private email or text messages on a staffer's personal phone, are supposed to be copied to a government account within 20 days.

By her lawyer's own admission, she wasn't clear on the rules at first. She used a private account to discuss White House business.

Now, I didn't say what privileges should be removed. You are assuming she should have her "clearance" revoked (whatever that means...).

The more you listen and absorb, and the less you just "knee-jerk" react, the better off you'll be. It's ok. Republicans (which I am) make mistakes too.

lol...you were ready to remove her privileges and I'm the one that knee jerks.

I really don't care if she continues to work in the administration or not, but I'm willing to wait and let the facts come out.

I would imagine you would want the same consideration given to you and your career.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol...you were ready to remove her privileges and I'm the one that knee jerks.

I really don't care if she continues to work in the administration or not, but I'm willing to wait and let the facts come out.

I would imagine you would want the same consideration given to you and your career.

It wasn't a knee jerk on my part. Her lawyers admitted to her wrong doing. Slap her on the hand and move on, you choose the punishment. But if we Republicans were smart, we would acknowledge her wrongdoing (by her lawyer's admission) and don't just sweep it under the rug like the Democrats did with HRC.  Was it an honest mistake? Maybe. People get in trouble for honest mistakes all the time.

As far as consideration for her career, she's a frigging fashion designer, right?! Lol. Seriously, I have no issues with her. My issue is we need to be accountable for what WE do. It sure as Hell works out a lot better when we are trying to chase down the other side...

With Hillary’s record, I can’t believe the Dems will follow thru with threats of an investigation.  On the other hand, the MSM will gloss is over to make Hillary appear to be the victim and Ivanka the greatest traitor since Benedict Arnold.  Such is life in America today.