Coaching Carousel

PhatMack19

57 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

“Texas A&M TE coach Tim Brewster headed to North Carolina in the same capacity”- @Gigem247 Twitter 

Don’t care what anyone says this hurts. 

He worked for Mack at UNC & Texas and lives in North Carolina.  This may be his retirement move, because it’s a downgrade position wise.  

These are the A&M recruiter rankings according to 247.  He did seem like fun on Twitter though. 

Linguist #6

Craig #21

Elko #32

Brewster #41

Turner #49 

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

He worked for Mack at UNC & Texas and lives in North Carolina.  This may be his retirement move, because it’s a downgrade position wise.  

These are the A&M recruiter rankings according to 247.  He did seem like fun on Twitter though. 

Linguist #6

Craig #21

Elko #32

Brewster #41

Turner #49 

Always find a way to “twist the News”.

Aggie Logic

Bootcamp Day #3

Wow so Dana an Ex.TTech Coach Is interested in the job after over achieving at WVU and you don’t even give him an interview but get Matt Wells the Utah State HC who has never coached in Texas and is 44-33 in Logan, UT never winning a conference championship, If your gonna go small school they at least could have looked at Dino Babers out of Syracuse or Lane Kiffin from FAU 

smh Head Scratcher if I ever heard one but good luck to the raiders maybe they know something I don’t 

4 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Wow so Dana an Ex.TTech Coach Is interested in the job after over achieving at WVU and you don’t even give him an interview but get Matt Wells the Utah State HC who has never coached in Texas and is 44-33 in Logan, UT never winning a conference championship, If your gonna go small school they at least could have looked at Dino Babers out of Syracuse or Lane Kiffin from FAU 

smh Head Scratcher if I ever heard one but good luck to the raiders maybe they know something I don’t 

The red raider BMDs are livid.   Apparently interview was set up, they were letting Hocutt use one of their jets, and he pulled the plug this morning.  Heard $25mm in pledges for a new practice facility have been pulled. 

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The red raider BMDs are livid.   Apparently interview was set up, they were letting Hocutt use one of their jets, and he pulled the plug this morning.  Heard $25mm in pledges for a new practice facility have been pulled. 

I don’t blame em, Hocutt must have something personal against Dana

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

If this is true then WOW!  Tech is dumber than I though. 

Quote:
Here is the full background on what happened with Holgorsen. I heard it from the horse's mouth...

The Double Eagle guys (John Sellers and Cody Campbell) have been talking with Dana Holgorsen all week. They both played at Tech in the early 2000's, when Dana was an assistant coach, and so they're friends with him.

Dana is 100% interested in the job, and wants to be at Tech.

Yesterday the Double Eagle guys set up a meeting in Atlanta between Dana and Kirby to try to get a deal done. They volunteered their jet to pick Kirby up in Lubbock and take him to Atlanta this morning. Dana told the Double Eagle guys that if he can get a deal done with Kirby today, he will fly back to Lubbock with him this afternoon to be announced as the head coach at Texas Tech. Pretty exciting stuff if you ask me! Obviously the Double Eagle guys expected that Kirby would jump at the opportunity. After all, Dana has won a conference championship, a BCS bowl, and is a proven winner. Plus he would be a big hit with the fan base.

Double Eagle guys lined up the flight, and got everything ready to go, only to get a call from Kirby this morning that he was moving forward with Wells. He refused to take the meeting with Dana, and refused to even consider him as a candidate. 

Here's (possibly) the worst part of the story: The Double Eagle guys had been in talks with Kirby to fund $25MM for the new Football Training Facility and South Endzone. Because Kirby refused to honor their request to take the interview, they pulled their donation.

Why wouldn't Kirby even interview Holgoresen? He's clearly more qualified than Wells, and would clearly have been more popular with the fans.

Why would Kirby openly defy the wishes of two major donors, with whom he was trying to close a major gift? Why not just fly to Atlanta to keep them happy?

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. The only rational reason I can come up with is that Kirby was afraid of offending some of his Athletic Director colleagues by hiring an in-conference rival's coach. Maybe even interviewing him would cause him problems with the West Virginia AD? Kirby is very interested in his own career, and hiring Holgorsen wouldn't be very good politics. If this was his thinking, then we need to re-think Kirby Hocutt

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

If this is true then WOW!  Tech is dumber than I though. 

Quote:
Here is the full background on what happened with Holgorsen. I heard it from the horse's mouth...

The Double Eagle guys (John Sellers and Cody Campbell) have been talking with Dana Holgorsen all week. They both played at Tech in the early 2000's, when Dana was an assistant coach, and so they're friends with him.

Dana is 100% interested in the job, and wants to be at Tech.

Yesterday the Double Eagle guys set up a meeting in Atlanta between Dana and Kirby to try to get a deal done. They volunteered their jet to pick Kirby up in Lubbock and take him to Atlanta this morning. Dana told the Double Eagle guys that if he can get a deal done with Kirby today, he will fly back to Lubbock with him this afternoon to be announced as the head coach at Texas Tech. Pretty exciting stuff if you ask me! Obviously the Double Eagle guys expected that Kirby would jump at the opportunity. After all, Dana has won a conference championship, a BCS bowl, and is a proven winner. Plus he would be a big hit with the fan base.

Double Eagle guys lined up the flight, and got everything ready to go, only to get a call from Kirby this morning that he was moving forward with Wells. He refused to take the meeting with Dana, and refused to even consider him as a candidate. 

Here's (possibly) the worst part of the story: The Double Eagle guys had been in talks with Kirby to fund $25MM for the new Football Training Facility and South Endzone. Because Kirby refused to honor their request to take the interview, they pulled their donation.

Why wouldn't Kirby even interview Holgoresen? He's clearly more qualified than Wells, and would clearly have been more popular with the fans.

Why would Kirby openly defy the wishes of two major donors, with whom he was trying to close a major gift? Why not just fly to Atlanta to keep them happy?

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. The only rational reason I can come up with is that Kirby was afraid of offending some of his Athletic Director colleagues by hiring an in-conference rival's coach. Maybe even interviewing him would cause him problems with the West Virginia AD? Kirby is very interested in his own career, and hiring Holgorsen wouldn't be very good politics. If this was his thinking, then we need to re-think Kirby Hocutt

For those that don’t know, the “Double Eagle guys” cashed out for $2.8b last year.   

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Purple Wizard is retiring 

Syracuse Dino Babers? Idk really know if that’s a step up or just a lateral move. Both aren’t football first schools 

or 

Scott Satterfield from App State, what he’s done there has been amazing . Coming from FCS and Winning 3 conference championships with 3 bowl wins. He should def get consideration